The EOG Octagon (SKINNY v RAILBIRD)

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
The EOG Octagon is a head-to-head handicapping showdown featuring a winner-take-all purse of 2,500 bananas.

Each contestant provides 1,000 bananas to the prize pot with EOG supplying the added bananas.

The format is flexible.

The participants have agreed to submit 40 plays in January with the handicapper earning the most units being declared the winner.

All plays must land in the range of -200 to +200.

Contestants are allowed only one wager per event.

Contestants will post selections using prices and pointspreads from the following establishments: CRIS, Pinnacle, BetDSI, Westgate and William Hill.

Once a contestant posts a selection, neither the contestant nor the opponent can submit a play in the same game.

To make an official selection, each contestant must submit the following four pieces of information in the post: Betting number, team name, price/pointspread and available sports book.

The handicapper with the most units at the end of the month will be declared the winner.

At month's end, the winner stays on the court for the following month and the loser goes home.

I'll try to recruit ABUNDY, BRAYDEN11, CHO, FAIR WARNING, HEIM, KANE, NUT6, PALEFACE, PINNACLE420, SCOOPER, SVBETTOR, TOBY TYLER, VIEJO DINOSAUR and others for this space in 2020.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Best of luck to both SKINNY and BIRDIE.

SKINNY is looking for his fourth straight victory in The EOG Octagon.

FINAL SCORE in December:

SKINNY 24-15-1 +7.51 UNITS

"1" 19-21 -2.03 UNITS

Last edited:

Administrator
Might be because the man is a most formidable opponent. I predict his reign of terror extends for at least another several months. Congratulations are certainly in order.

Here’s to hoping 2020 brings you health and happiness and a favorable bounce or two throughout the upcoming seasons.

skinny

EOG Addicted
Might be because the man is a most formidable opponent. I predict his reign of terror extends for at least another several months. Congratulations are certainly in order.

Here’s to hoping 2020 brings you health and happiness and a favorable bounce or two throughout the upcoming seasons.
Thank you.
Health and happiness to you as well.

ComptrBob

EOG Master
The only restrictions that I see are that it must be a price posted at the designated site/book and that the line must be between -200 and +200. Since the drop downs at Pinnacle are posted prices, they are available to the contest. I would also assume the standard "buy the hook" price is available at "standard" books like Westgate and WH.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
CURRENT SCORE:

SKINNY 0-1 -1.10 UNITS

RAILBIRD 1-2 -1.32 UNITS

Note: Viejo Dinosaur meets the winner of the January showdown.

Bucky

EOG Dedicated
I like the format. Kind of like playing pool in a dive bar. Hold the table as long as you win.

Here is my dive bar story this reminds me of. Four of us sports type guys are in a local joint. Buddy is playing for 10 bucks a stick. He wins - says that is 10 bucks - want to play again? Guy says FU and picks up the cue ball and fires it like a fast ball the length of the table. My buddy catches it in his left hand and switches it to his right hand - jumps up on the table and lays out like spiderman in a dive to try to bash the guys head in with the cue ball.

Luckily, the other guy blocked his attempt and the cue ball got fumbled and we got them pushed apart.

Made me think - what a way to ruin a life or two. My friend ended up being a colonel in the Air Force.

blueline

EOG Master
pulled many an all-nighter playing king of the hill in a dive bar....bar closed at 6am re-opened at 7 am

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
pulled many an all-nighter playing king of the hill in a dive bar....bar closed at 6am re-opened at 7 am

Note to self: Do not play pool with BLUELINE.

Never play for money against a guy who brings his own stick.

And never ever play for money against a guy who brings his own table.

blueline

EOG Master
if I started to drag a little in the late hours playing the entire B side of Paranoid album on the jukebox was an instant hit of caffiene

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
if I started to drag a little in the late hours playing the entire B side of Paranoid album on the jukebox was an instant hit of caffiene

BLUE showing off his versatility.

Not many pool-playing, Black Sabbath fans also study fractional times in horse racing.

brokerstip

EOG Addicted
I am rooting for both contestants to do great. I would NOT under-estimate Railbird and I am quite sure Skinny isn't.

How does Skinny under estimate anyone? How would that change his plays...give out worse lines? This makes 0 sense that Skinny isn’t underestimating him. No one underestimated anyone in this. You post your best 40 regardless of the other player