QRT Pole MVP Candidates

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
1. Giannis
2. LBJ
3. AD

Thoughts? Am I leaving anyone out and please don't say Harden.

I guess you could put Luka 3 but AD is so good defensively, it's tough to leave him out of Top-3, ecspecially considering UniBron's Team Record but then again, LBJ and AD have each other.

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
I think you covered basically everyone without mentioning the beard. Maybe Siakam gets at best an honorable mention given the fact the Raptors are still competitive even without the king of load management.

Last edited:

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
I think you covered basically everyone without mentioning the beard. Maybe Siakam gets at best an honorable mention given the fact tge Raptors are still competitive even without the king of load management.

I swear to you, I was going to mention Siakam as a Dark Horse. I watched LY's playoffs and I was like, this dude is their best defender.... his offence took me by surprise this year but I haven't seen much of him over the years.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
How isn’t Luke a top 3 ?

If you wanted, this could be your argument:

1. Giannis
2. Luka
3. LBJ

The top two here don't have a comparable teammate. I have Giannis 1 now only because of that and his team's record. I think LBJ's the best player in the world but he has alot of help. How do you weigh that? If you're drafting to win a title this year, you're taking LBJ so maybe he should be 1; at least I'm taking LBJ based on experience alone.

Heim

EOG Master
Harden has to be top three...just the fact he averages 13 points from the free-throw line is enough. I don't like his game either but the
numbers are eyebrow raising. He's a legit 'go to guy' in the crunch.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Harden has to be top three...just the fact he averages 13 points from the free-throw line is enough. I don't like his game either but the

Heim took the bait.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am

Who are you kicking out? It ain't Giannis and it ain't LBJ.

That's the thing, how do you define MVP? Is it a numbers contest? Not to me. Westbrook won due to that thinking,

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
Ok, so they go from being the 4th best team in the West to the 11th? 4ht best? Who cares?

We can agree to disgree. There is no way, in my mind, he's even Top-3. The defensive difference alone between he and AD is uncrossable.

Heim

EOG Master
Who are you kicking out? It ain't Giannis and it ain't LBJ.

That's the thing, how do you define MVP? Is it a numbers contest? Not to me. Westbrook won due to that thinking,

I think AD is out....Lebron is setting him up perfectly this season with those corner 3s and pick and roll dunks. Without Lebron he's
Pelican AD. Lebron is Qtr MVP right now.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
We can agree to disgree. There is no way, in my mind, he's even Top-3. The defensive difference alone between he and AD is uncrossable.

And like I said, you ain't kicking out LBJ or Giannis from that list. I woulld take 20-year old Luka over him right now.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
I think AD is out....Lebron is setting him up perfectly this season with those corner 3s and pick and roll dunks. Without Lebron he's
Pelican AD

That's still phenomenal but for some reason never translated to much team success.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
Heim, Harden's a tough case to make just due to the team success of the other candidates. Like I said, it's still early.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
Where's Cedi Osman on the list of MVP candidates?

View attachment 7459840

I'll never forgive T-Lue for not playing him more in the playoffs, he specifically should have siced him on either of the Boston Baby twins or Oladipo in round 1. It's no wonder this guy won't catch another coaching gig.... Knicks job is open, is his name in the hat?

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
It is said Ty Lue knows the strengths and weaknesses of LeBron James and that's why the Clippers hired Lue after the Lakers low-balled him.

#PsychologicalWarfare

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
It is said Ty Lue knows the strengths and weaknesses of LeBron James and that's why the Clippers hired Lue after the Lakers low-balled him.

#PsychologicalWarfare

Balderdash. He's a Doc Disciple and Doc took him back into the fold.

LBJ's weakness = Free throws (although he is clutch late)

LBJ's Strengths = Everything else

kane

EOG master
1. Giannis
2. LBJ
3. AD

Thoughts? Am I leaving anyone out and please don't say Harden.

I guess you could put Luka 3 but AD is so good defensively, it's tough to leave him out of Top-3, ecspecially considering UniBron's Team Record but then again, LBJ and AD have each other.

I'd put Luka ahead of AD, nothing against AD he's having a great year, but playing with LeBron makes the game easier for him, whereas Luka is singlehandedly carrying his team

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
I'd put Luka ahead of AD, nothing against AD he's having a great year, but playing with LeBron makes the game easier for him, whereas Luka is singlehandedly carrying his team

I understand the argument and not saying you're wrong, but what about:

1. Better team Success

2. The massive Defensive gap between them

Maybe I should have put Luka 3. That's the argument against LBJ and AD, they have each other but I would be hard pressed to pull LBJ from the 2 spot and he may end up #1 if UniBron ends up w/ the best record by margin. It's a really interesting race to this point.

kane

EOG master
I understand the argument and not saying you're wrong, but what about:

1. Better team Success

2. The massive Defensive gap between them

Maybe I should have put Luka 3. That's the argument against LBJ and AD, they have each other but I would be hard pressed to pull LBJ from the 2 spot and he may end up #1 if UniBron ends up w/ the best record by margin. It's a really interesting race to this point.

The Lakers would still be a very good team without AD, the Mavs would be a sub .500 team going nowhere without Luka, it's hard to put two players from the same team in the top 3, and like I said, and you also posted, AD gets to play with LeBron, playing with the GOAT makes everything easier for AD, Luka needs to score, pass, and rebound for his team, Dallas isn't anywhere near the team the Bucks and Lakers have. If you took Giannis or AD off their teams, those teams would still be good, of course nowhere near as good as they are, but still good, take Luka off Dallas and you have a team that might not make the playoffs, he means everything to that team and he's playing at a very high level, right now I would have him ahead of AD, but like I said, it's not a knock on AD

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
Kristsps should return half his coin to the Knicks. Injured or healthy and nowhere near the best player on his team.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
The Lakers would still be a very good team without AD, the Mavs would be a sub .500 team going nowhere without Luka, it's hard to put two players from the same team in the top 3, and like I said, and you also posted, AD gets to play with LeBron, playing with the GOAT makes everything easier for AD, Luka needs to score, pass, and rebound for his team, Dallas isn't anywhere near the team the Bucks and Lakers have. If you took Giannis or AD off their teams, those teams would still be good, of course nowhere near as good as they are, but still good, take Luka off Dallas and you have a team that might not make the playoffs, he means everything to that team and he's playing at a very high level, right now I would have him ahead of AD, but like I said, it's not a knock on AD

I agree w/ everything you wrote so one could make the argument that Luka is the front-runner. I don't see that and I'm not sure you're saying that but I'll concede and put him at 3, but that is the best I can do.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Heim, Harden's a tough case to make just due to the team success of the other candidates. Like I said, it's still early.
Harden's also a tough case because we've seen how this has played out with him the last few seasons, and its inevitable. It's probably unfair, but that is in the back of some voters minds.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
Harden's also a tough case because we've seen how this has played out with him the last few seasons, and its inevitable. It's probably unfair, but that is in the back of some voters minds.

Bro, you watching the Lakers game? Lizzo has courtside seats and they just interviewed her. I knew he she was, thanks to you, before her name popped up.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
Lizzo has a few songs that make up the UniBron Anthem, this is just one because UniBron is, "Good as Hell."

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
1. Giannis
2. Luka
3. Harden
4. Davis - more points, rebounds, blocks and steals per game than Brick.

LOL.... This is coming from,"Kyrie will be #1 GM pick in 2018," guy.... GTFO. You can't evaluate talent or game impacr so leave it those who can.

It's between Giannis and LBJ. at this point. I am not talking about who is going to win it, I am talking about Real MVP"s, not the Harden/Westbrook achievement awards.

LOL.... This is coming from,"Kyrie will be #1 GM pick in 2018," guy.... GTFO. You can't evaluate talent or game impacr so leave it those who can.

It's between Giannis and LBJ. at this point. I am not talking about who is going to win it, I am talking about Real MVP"s, not the Harden/Westbrook achievement awards.
How do you breathe with your lips stuck on Brick's ass? He has zero chance to win MVP.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
How do you breathe with your lips stuck on Brick's ass? He has zero chance to win MVP.

I'm not going to argue basketball w/ a non-basketballl mind. His chances of actually winning it are slim but I;m not talking about that. I'm talking about the Real MVP; it's between Giannis and LBJ. Harden and Luka are designated hitters; they are not the MVP and I don't give two shits if either of them win it, Westbrook and Harden are two former ridiculous choices.

Last edited: