Super Bowl LIV: 49ers v Chiefs (IN-GAME THREAD)

MrTop

EOG Master
if you like 49ers they are getting points was KC - 3 ....KC -2.5

now KC - 1.5

Last edited by a moderator:

boston massacre

EOG Master
Answer this correctly , and you'll have your Super Bowl Winner.

Who's going to win the Matchup ?

KC QB Patrick Mahomes or the San Francisco 49ers Defensive Line.

SlipperyPete

EOG Dedicated
Answer this correctly , and you'll have your Super Bowl Winner.

Who's going to win the Matchup ?

KC QB Patrick Mahomes or the San Francisco 49ers Defensive Line.

Could also be the Niners running game and Chiefs D line.

IMO its gonna be a lot like Niners/Rams, the first one. The Niners were just milking the clock with their running game.
Didnt even break the huddle with more than 10 secs left on the play clock

TheGuesser

EOG Dedicated
This Superbowl kinda reminds me of Seattle-Denver a few years ago. Public and perception liked Denver's Offense, but Seattle's D was just too special. Doubt Mahomes chokes like Peyton did though. But SF is the superior team in most of the usual, basic Football ways, like Seattle was. Only a great game by Mahomes makes this competitive, IMO. But he is more than capable of it.
If I was emotionally capable of betting against the Chiefs, I would.

boston massacre

EOG Master
Could also be the Niners running game and Chiefs D line.

IMO its gonna be a lot like Niners/Rams, the first one. The Niners were just milking the clock with their running game.
Didnt even break the huddle with more than 10 secs left on the play clock

Here it is.

the next two weeks will be for dissecting the two teams and discussing all the angles and wondering if the Chiefs can shut down San Francisco’s meat-grinder running game and whether the 49ers’ defense can confuse Patrick Mahomes long enough for the pass rush to get to him

boston massacre

EOG Master
This Superbowl kinda reminds me of Seattle-Denver a few years ago. Public and perception liked Denver's Offense, but Seattle's D was just too special. Doubt Mahomes chokes like Peyton did though. But SF is the superior team in most of the usual, basic Football ways, like Seattle was. Only a great game by Mahomes makes this competitive, IMO. But he is more than capable of it.

No Weak Parts in the 49ers Game.

And No Passing Attack Like the Chiefs.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
If you like the 49ers you have to throw some money on Nick Bosa as MVP. Sacks and strip sacks would very much be apart of the 49ers slowing down Mahomes. Plus he is a qb that loves to move around the pocket with one hand on the ball.

reminds me of when von miller won the mvp as a 25-1. That denver defense was the reason they got there, not their qb.

Sol Diablo

House of Heat

You are giving SF defense way too much credit. That front 4 is great, but the back 7 is average.

This will be a great game. PICK is spot on.

You finally got your team in it. Stop overthinking it. Enjoy.

Sol Diablo

House of Heat
If you like the 49ers you have to throw some money on Nick Bosa as MVP. Sacks and strip sacks would very much be apart of the 49ers slowing down Mahomes. Plus he is a qb that loves to move around the pocket with one hand on the ball.

reminds me of when von miller won the mvp as a 25-1. That denver defense was the reason they got there, not their qb.

I attended Super Bowl 43 in Tampa. I remember going down to get a beer and looking over the Bay at halftime as Bruce Springsteen did his thing. Wasn't interested in seeing that.

Struck up a conversation with a guy. He had bets on the game like I did. We both agreed at the half that James Harrison was in the lead to win the MVP. He just picked off that pass and ran it back for a TD. The only guy that could upstage that at that point was Kurt Warner. That was a potential 14 point swing to end the half. AZ could have took the lead. Instead they went into the locker room down 10.

Warner did upstage Harrison as it came to be. He would have at least.

Then Santonio Holmes decided to get both feet down. Maybe. It's still debatable....

TheGuesser

EOG Dedicated
You are giving SF defense way too much credit. That front 4 is great, but the back 7 is average.

This will be a great game. PICK is spot on.

You finally got your team in it. Stop overthinking it. Enjoy.
You are very wrong about SF's back 7, and especially their middle 3. They are fast, and great. SF was the best D in the NFL this year when they had all their front 7 pieces. They have them now. Chiefs have not seen a D like this. Mahomes is gonna have to be on his game big time to make this a competitive game. I'm enjoying the F out of it, but am also quite realistic about my team.

Sol Diablo

House of Heat
You are very wrong about SF's back 7, and especially their middle 3. They are fast, and great. SF was the best D in the NFL this year when they had all their front 7 pieces. They have them now. Chiefs have not seen a D like this. Mahomes is gonna have to be on his game big time to make this a competitive game. I'm enjoying the F out of it, but am also quite realistic about my team.

KC by 7+. Bet the fuck out of that prop at the best numbers you can find..

TheGuesser

EOG Dedicated
KC by 7+. Bet the fuck out of that prop at the best numbers you can find..
I hope you're right, but will just have a small token bet on the Chiefs just because I can't have them winning and me not cashing something. My true feeling is SF by at least a TD.

Sol Diablo

House of Heat
I hope you're right, but will just have a small token bet on the Chiefs just because I can't have them winning and me not cashing something. My true feeling is SF by at least a TD.

Your KC love has you fucked in the head. So many painful memories.

This is the year man. Chiefs finally in the Super Bowl. Andy Reid finally wins his Super Bowl.

This is it. That snot nosed kid across the field ain't gonna deny that. No matter how good his front 4 on defense is.

Pat is a generational talent. He will win his first Super Bowl in 2 weeks. I have no doubts about it.

Relax and enjoy.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
The concern I would have with this over is it’s two 1st time SB QBs. Decent chance one has a game like Goff did.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

YES!

Not sure if I wrote that comment before or after you, Guesser.

And both Super Bowls (48 and 54) feature the AFC West v NFC West.

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
I thought I head it is the leagues top passing team vs top running team meeting up for the first time in the super bowl.

FISHHEAD

EOG Master
So far have over 52, 52,5, and 53....looking for more....

Like a poker player, going all in on the over....

YOU KILLED IT

Up to as high as 54.5 ...............may see 56 or higher in the future.

Anyone higher than 55?..................a few jurisdictions sporting 55 currently.

bmiller

EOG Addicted
heard some analytic guys suggesting that SF should be about a 6 point favorite in this game because of their defense .. but how good is the 49er defense? best this year no doubt but being compared to the Seahawks legion of boom defense? seems like an overreaction .. I think Sherman can only hold down Hill for so long before Tyreek burns him on a couple deep balls .. think the outcome will depend on how Jimmy G performs because one way or the other Mahomes is going to get his fair share of points

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
The show the simpsons predicted that the 49ers would win the superbowl in Miami.

the simpsons has predicted a ton of sports events in the past.

don't bet against time travelers.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
I don't understand.

kc was -7.5 at home vs a #6 seed

sf was a -7.5 at home vs #2 seed

yet all the love is coming on the walrus.

Valuist

EOG Master
I don't understand.

kc was -7.5 at home vs a #6 seed

sf was a -7.5 at home vs #2 seed

yet all the love is coming on the walrus.

The #2 was seed only. Certainly not the second highest power rated team in the NFC. And likewise, Tennessee ended the season much better than the 6th best team in the AFC.

MrTop

EOG Master
+4000 MVP comes from the losing team --- chuck howley - dallas colts super bowl
+550 ----MVP any defender

draftkings