We need a travel ban from China

railbird

EOG Master
no planes in. period. corona virus is a global pestilence. those people eat bat soup which started the virus

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
is this a man made virus to control the population. if so starting it in china where there are over a billion people helps the tin-foil on the head people

I agree with rail though. no planes in from china.

mr merlin

EOG Master
is this a man made virus to control the population. if so starting it in china where there are over a billion people helps the tin-foil on the head people

I agree with rail though. no planes in from china.
I saw a simulation that estimated this virus could kill 65 million people over the next 18 months. Hopefully it's wrong.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
A person in Chicago has the corona virus now. Hope that person isn’t going to Michigan this weekend.

I flew from Chicago to San Jose, Costa Rica two days ago.

Caught an infection in my right eye during the flight but I blamed it on contact lenses.

When I heard about the Chicagoan with the corona virus, my heart skipped a beat.

I cannot expire before I make a six-figure score at the racetrack.

Man you people are morons. If there's a ban on flights from China what's to stop someone from flying to Tokyo or Seoul and connecting? How about if they go through Europe? You can't stop them, it's a global economy. We don't live in the fucking dark ages.

MrTop

EOG Master
Man you people are morons. If there's a ban on flights from China what's to stop someone from flying to Tokyo or Seoul and connecting? How about if they go through Europe? You can't stop them, it's a global economy. We don't live in the fucking dark ages.

Oh you are talking about a round robin. They offer that too.

mr merlin

EOG Master
that is the problem, along with the fact that apparently thousands of people infected are already traveling worldwide.

But just because the horse is out of the barn doesn't mean you shouldn't try to stop it.

that is the problem, along with the fact that apparently thousands of people infected are already traveling worldwide.

But just because the horse is out of the barn doesn't mean you shouldn't try to stop it.

So banning flights from one country is "trying to stop it"? And what if we find out someone else who traveled to an unrelated country got it, do we just ban all flights? Block access to the country for everyone, Americans included?

mr merlin

EOG Master
So banning flights from one country is "trying to stop it"? And what if we find out someone else who traveled to an unrelated country got it, do we just ban all flights? Block access to the country for everyone, Americans included?
It's already here, at least a few confirmed cases, no doubt it's spread as well. I never said ban all flights either, at least not yet.

TobyTyler

EOG Dedicated
Wuhan in the middle of nowhere. No idea if its a manufacuring region. If so, would be worse with the workers going home for the holiday and spreading it.

KevinStott11

EOG Veteran
https://www.washingtonpost.com/

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-51249208

It went from 2 (deaths) to 6 to 17 to 41 now. We will see in a week. Context always matters..

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...deadlier-than-wuhan-china-disease/4564133002/

There’s a deadly virus spreading from state to state. It preys on the most vulnerable, striking the sick and the old without mercy. In just the past few months, it has claimed the lives of at least 39 children.

The virus is influenza, and it poses a far greater threat to Americans than the coronavirus from China that has made headlines around the world.

Coronavirus: How worried should we be?

Based on early information, it is believed that only a quarter of infected cases are "severe", and the dead are mostly - though not exclusively - older people, some of whom have preexisting conditions.

The Chinese authorities suspect a seafood market that "conducted illegal transactions of wild animals" was the source of the outbreak.

"Lunar New Year celebrations for the year of the rat, which began on Saturday, have been cancelled in many Chinese cities."

Last edited: