Why was I robbed a spot in the Grand Challenge?

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
John pulled it on me too inadvertently. I didn't win but hold honor for a 3-13 futility record after taking it in 2017 at 18-9. Baseball was unkind to me, and the month before was the end of the NBA regular season leading into the playoffs.

Not the most sympathetic tool in the shed but I did accept his apology.

railbird

EOG Master
Your welcome to post up a dime vs me in eog octagon at +150 for month of feb. cupcakes or sharps welcome

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
I'd love to do it but I hate the rules. Think having to win a certain percentage of games as opposed to units won is a pathetic way of running any contest. See my record in the BB thread for how irrelevant a Winning % is and how Units Won is far more important. I am 200+ games UNDER .500 yet I am in BOLD since my winners average +1.36 and my plays are not -110. I know those in charge will run things the way they want but the way they (mis)manage things sucks. And I think they know it - they just want to save face and keep the rules that way because changing them now makes them look as foolish as they are.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
15 year old taking out the top women tennis players should tell you all you need to know about the state this world is in

Gotta step your game up. No crying in baseball or any sport really. That includes polo.

Almost Allright

GO Bucks!!!
I'd love to do it but I hate the rules. Think having to win a certain percentage of games as opposed to units won is a pathetic way of running any contest. See my record in the BB thread for how irrelevant a Winning % is and how Units Won is far more important. I am 200+ games UNDER .500 yet I am in BOLD since my winners average +1.36 and my plays are not -110. I know those in charge will run things the way they want but the way they (mis)manage things sucks. And I think they know it - they just want to save face and keep the rules that way because changing them now makes them look as foolish as they are.
So let’s see if I have this straight? A sponsor is giving away a free dime and your bitching about how they choose to do it because it doesn’t suit you.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Win 1/23/20 6:30 pm College Basketball 603 Minnesota U +309* vs Ohio State
1/23/20 8:30 pm College Basketball 647 Michigan State -3½ -107* vs Indiana U
Pending 1/24/20 7:10 pm ATP Tennis 1073 David Goffin +196* vs Andrey Rublev
Win 1/23/20 7:10 pm WTA Tennis 2926 Maria Sakkari +252* vs Madison Keys
Win 1/23/20 7:10 pm WTA Tennis 2973 Ons Jabeur +206* vs Caroline Wozniacki
Pending 1/24/20 7:10 pm WTA Tennis 2998 Anett Kontaveit +128* vs Belinda Bencic

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Wade, I forgot about the promise.

Please forgive me.

The 11-month gap from the promise to the payoff was too much to overcome.

If you want to reserve March, you got it.

I will not forget this time around.

One other note: As a featured contestant, I will request you to refrain from any hate speech.

Thanks in advance.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Sleepy, any interest in competing in The EOG Octagon in February?

The rules are listed below:

The EOG Octagon is a head-to-head handicapping showdown featuring a winner-take-all purse of 2,500 bananas.

Each contestant provides 1,000 bananas to the prize pot with EOG supplying the added bananas.

The format is flexible.

The participants have agreed to submit 40 plays in January with the handicapper earning the most units being declared the winner.

All plays must land in the range of -200 to +200.

Contestants are allowed only one wager per event.

Contestants will post selections using prices and pointspreads from the following establishments: CRIS, Pinnacle, BetDSI, Westgate and William Hill.

Once a contestant posts a selection, neither the contestant nor the opponent can submit a play in the same game.

To make an official selection, each contestant must submit the following four pieces of information in the post: Betting number, team name, price/pointspread and available sports book.

The handicapper with the most units at the end of the month will be declared the winner.

At month's end, the winner stays on the court for the following month and the loser goes home.

I'll try to recruit ABUNDY, BRAYDEN11, CHO, FAIR WARNING, HEIM, KANE, NUT6, PALEFACE, PINNACLE420, SCOOPER, SVBETTOR, TOBY TYLER, VIEJO DINOSAUR and others for this space in 2020.

bimmercando

EOG Dedicated
Wade should be the one apologizing for barking out at TGF.com without first confronting JK directly.

Give him March 2021 without such

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
jesus is wade a crying little bitch. instead of checking with john a month before to confirm he is up for the contest he lets things slide and then starts a "look at me I was lied to" thread at tgf to get a bunch of kleenex from other grown men.

I didn't see anybody ask "hey did you get a hold of him"

he promised a spot in the challenge 1 year ago.

jesus fucking christ. how many people remember promises they made a year ago.

ok John should have marked Wade down in a calendar, in his phone, whatever. yes he did mess that up.

but to start a thread stating you were "lied to" and "robbed"????? what a mental fkn midget.

this is such hs girl drama bs. maybe this is what wade lives for.