Kobe Bryant killed in a helicopter crash

mr merlin

EOG Master
What a shitty way to go man. Not only Kobe but his daughter as well and all those all other people on board. All traveling to basketball practice to prepare for a game. A day after Lebron passed him. A day before the grammys at the staples.

Insanity man.
It was the same day as the "grammy's", which makes it much more tragic, LOL.

Valuist

EOG Master
There's no wrong way to deal with grief. Everyone is different. Altobelli and I weren't close friends but I knew him fairly well. He was a classmate and we both loved sports. I think he even went to a birthday party of mine way back. But to find out about someone after all these years like this is rough. Imagine what his older daughter is going thru.

Heim

EOG Master
There's no wrong way to deal with grief. Everyone is different. Altobelli and I weren't close friends but I knew him fairly well. He was a classmate and we both loved sports. I think he even went to a birthday party of mine way back. But to find out about someone after all these years like this is rough. Imagine what his older daughter is going thru.

Are you sure it's the same guy? I've only read he was born and raised the the southern California area.

Valuist

EOG Master
Are you sure it's the same guy? I've only read he was born and raised the the southern California area.

1. Same name and age
2. Guy lived for sports and was a very good athlete as a kid. I don't remember any other memories of him other than sports. He was a good athlete but I remember him being intensely competitive. Like a young Pete Rose. If anyone was likely to become a future coach, it was him.
3. Based on the recent pics, it looks like an older version of the kid I knew.
4. I knew he was one of many kids. Kevin Stott posted a link to an interview where he said he was one of 8 kids. And that he grew up as a die hard Cub fan and watched them on WGN. Now WGN became nationwide at some point, but I don't know if LA area people could have access back in early to mid 70s to it.
5. Several people I know from back then believe it is the same person.

He moved away I would guess around 1974, so any high school info would be in CA, not IL.

So is it 100%? No. Is it upper 90 percent? I think so.

boston massacre

EOG Master
1. Same name and age
2. Guy lived for sports and was a very good athlete as a kid. I don't remember any other memories of him other than sports. He was a good athlete but I remember him being intensely competitive. Like a young Pete Rose. If anyone was likely to become a future coach, it was him.
3. Based on the recent pics, it looks like an older version of the kid I knew.
4. I knew he was one of many kids. Kevin Stott posted a link to an interview where he said he was one of 8 kids. And that he grew up as a die hard Cub fan and watched them on WGN. Now WGN became nationwide at some point, but I don't know if LA area people could have access back in early to mid 70s to it.
5. Several people I know from back then believe it is the same person.

He moved away I would guess around 1974, so any high school info would be in CA, not IL.

So is it 100%? No. Is it upper 90 percent? I think so.

Keep Digging.

You'll eventually find out one way or the other.

Valuist

EOG Master
One could look at any one of the factors I cited and say its a coincidence. But when one adds them all together, could there be that many coincidences? Maybe but not likely. In any event, I understand the (Arlington Heights) Daily Herald is investigating.

Biff41

EOG Dedicated
Reporter Jim Gray said Kobe's relationship with his parents was strained.

Gray cannot help himself.

Sheesh!

Too soon, Jim, too soon.
Sleezbuckets can wait a two hours to talk about rape allegations...I'm not saying Kobe didn't have skeltons in closet but they were never proven in criminal court.

Biff41

EOG Dedicated
Born in Philadelphia and raised in Italy, according to a Fox News anchor.
here in web info;
Born in Harrisburg PA, Bryant was the son of former NBA player Joe Bryant. He attended Lower Merion High School in Pennsylvania, where he was recognized as the top high-school basketball player in the country. Upon graduation, he declared for the 1996 NBA draft and was selected by the Charlotte Hornets with the 13th overall pick;

Valuist

EOG Master
Wasn't Joe Bryant pretty much a mop up minutes guy? Of course the Sixers had some star power back then. It appears Joe was better as a sire than as a racehorse.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
The helicopter hovered over Glendale for about 20 minutes.

I wonder if the pilot was having 2nd thoughts of making this trip during this time. Had to of been.

Heim

EOG Master
Lawsuits will be popping up shortly. There is negligence here by a few parties. Kobe rented this copter. The
Kardashians used it too.

railbird

EOG Master
Christian Mauser was wife of Matt Mauser lead singer of Tijuana Dogs, who played regularly at Silky Sullivans pub in Fountain Valley

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Caron Butler with an excellent tribute to Kobe Bryant on Cuomo Prime Time tonight.

Cuomo asked Butler what Kobe would have told him about the loss.

Butler said, "Kobe's advice would be to carry on and stay goal-oriented."

O'Royken

EOG Dedicated
Once an aircraft enters conditions under which the pilot cannot see a distinct visual horizon, the drift in the inner ear continues uncorrected. Errors in the perceived rate of turn about any axis can build up at a rate of 0.2 to 0.3 degrees per second[citation needed]. If the pilot is not proficient in the use of gyroscopic flight instruments, these errors will build up to a point that control of the aircraft is lost, usually in a steep, diving turn known as a graveyard spiral. During the entire time, leading up to and well into the maneuver, the pilot remains unaware that he is turning, believing that he is maintaining straight flight. One of the most famous mishaps in aviation history involving the graveyard spiral is the crash involving John F. Kennedy Jr. in 1999.[5]
The graveyard spiral usually terminates when the g-forces on the aircraft build up to and exceed the structural strength of the airframe, resulting in catastrophic failure, or when the aircraft contacts the ground. In a 1954 study (180 – Degree Turn Experiment), the University of Illinois Institute of Aviation[6] found that 19 out of 20 non-instrument-rated subject pilots went into a graveyard spiral soon after entering simulated instrument conditions. The 20th pilot also lost control of his aircraft, but in another maneuver. The average time between onset of instrument conditions and loss of control was 178 seconds.
Spatial disorientation can also affect instrument-rated pilots in certain conditions. A powerful tumbling sensation (vertigo) can be set up if the pilot moves his or her head too much during instrument flight. This is called the Coriolis illusion.[citation needed] Pilots are also susceptible to spatial disorientation during night flight over featureless terrain

Spatial disorientation, spatial unawareness, or "Spatial-D" is the inability to determine one's position, location, and motion relative to their environment.[1] This phenomenon most commonly affects aircraft pilots and underwater divers,[2] but also can be induced in normal conditions—or reproduced in the lab with instruments such as the Barany Chair. In aviation, the term means the inability to correctly interpret aircraft attitude, altitude or airspeed, in relation to the ground or point of reference. This most commonly occurs after a reference point (e.g., the horizon) has been lost. Spatial disorientation, often referred to as 'Spatial-D' by aviators occurs when aircrew's sensory interpretation of their position or motion conflicts with reality. Spatial disorientation is often separated into 3 main categories by mishap investigators:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spatial_disorientation

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
What really saddened me about the crash was that there were children involved....my grieving process would have been different if there were only grown men and women on board...to see the photo of Kobe and his daughter and the photo of the coach and his daughter was hard to fathom...I looked at it as any father would have.....