Kobe Bryant killed in a helicopter crash

mr merlin

EOG Master
The helicopter carrying basketball superstar Kobe Bryant and eight others crashed into a Calabasas, California, hillside with a "high energy impact," the National Transportation Safety Board said TuesdayAs federal investigators wrapped up operations at the crash site, the NTSB's Jennifer Homendy said preliminary information suggests the helicopter descended rapidly and was likely in one piece before it slammed into the hill..The descent rate for the helicopter was over 2,000 feet a minute, so we know that this was a high energy impact crash," Homendy said. "This is a pretty steep descent at high speed. So it wouldn't be a normal landing speed."

they say it is a hill.. where do you read it fell out of the sky in another article?
Cmon, California is hilly, but it didn't hit a "mountain' nor did it even hit near the top of a hill..

High Times

EOG Master
If you haven’t heard Shaq’s take on the death of Kobe Bryant, then stop what you are doing and listen....right from the heart.....

Dude did you even listen to what Shaq said? He said he hasn't talked to Kobe for 4 years. They were not friends at all except on camera. Total joke how they all talked about him. None of them talked to Kobe and were not close to him at all.

Just a pathetic we loved Kobe show.....

mr merlin

EOG Master
Dude did you even listen to what Shaq said? He said he hasn't talked to Kobe for 4 years. They were not friends at all except on camera. Total joke how they all talked about him. None of them talked to Kobe and were not close to him at all.

Everyone who dies gets praised, nothing wrong with that, but to take every expression of grieving and loss as evidence of true love is ridiculous.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

Guess we have different views of what we heard....

O'Royken

EOG Dedicated

Shaq's work ethic the opposite of Kobe.

One of the most memorable moments from John Kelly's show is when he had a guest on who played poker with Jerry Buss. He commented that Buss talked about Shaq on the poker table saying he can't pay the maximum to someone who won't work to get better. Shaq didn't even try to get better at the free throw line in the offseason so Buss let him walk.

boston massacre

EOG Master

A Lot of Fake Sympathy ?

railbird

EOG Master
Christina Mauser was a 5th grade teacher, Kobe doubled her salary so she would quit her teaching job to become a mamba affiliated aau coach full time. turned out to be a bad move.

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
Despite several apologies, Matt Gutman, an ABC news correspondent has been indefinitely suspended by the network after incorrectly reporting that initially all 4 of Kobe Bryant's daughters were killed after the helicopter crash.

Probably the same scumbag that loused up the report on Rick Fox perishing as well.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Despite several apologies, Matt Gutman, an ABC news correspondent has been indefinitely suspended by the network after incorrectly reporting that initially all 4 of Kobe Bryant's daughters were killed after the helicopter crash.

Probably the same scumbag that loused up the report on Rick Fox perishing as well.

Never made sense.

Vanessa at home while all four girls boarded the helicopter with Kobe?

Vanessa was going to be with the seven-month old baby.

KevinStott11

EOG Veteran
You were right Valuist. Your logic made perfect sense.
Respect to the Daily Herald for digging for Truth.

Love the Altobelli story. All intent. The man loved the game so much and only had so much skill, so he found ways like getting the most Walks to thrive in his craft. Getting on base is sheer genius. And then to make a career out of your passion coaching?

Bless John Altobelli and his precious daughter. They will be missed.

boston massacre

EOG Master
You were right Valuist. Your logic made perfect sense.
Respect to the Daily Herald for digging for Truth.

Love the Altobelli story. All intent. The man loved the game so much and only had so much skill, so he found ways like getting the most Walks to thrive in his craft. Getting on base is sheer genius. And then to make a career out of your passion coaching?

Bless John Altobelli and his precious daughter. They will be missed.

The Boston Paper had a Big Tribute on His Time Coaching here for a few years in the Summertime Cape Cod Baseball League.

His Son is a Scout for the Boston Red Sox.

Valuist

EOG Master
After all this time, I find out only a single degree of separation from two singular named characters: Kobe and Railbird.

Its a small world.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
The thing about Kobe’s death is that the man upstairs took him away from the world at 41 years of age, way too early....the mass celebrations all over the world would not have been that big if he lived a full life and died in his 70s...Kobe had just begun his life as a full time father and husband...he left friends still playing and those who recently retired....he died a tragic death with his daughter and friends....the message I took out of his death was to put your friends and family on a pedestal and let them know how much they are loved everyday because the man upstairs does not guarantee tomorrow ever comes...just my take on all this.....I did email my daughter after I heard about this and to my surprise my daughter sent me an email at almost the exact same time....that picture of Kobe and his daughter will always be n the back of my mind because of the bond between father and their siblings....

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
Everyone who dies gets praised, nothing wrong with that, but to take every expression of grieving and loss as evidence of true love is ridiculous.

I got nothing against the guy but constantly hearing him referred to as a "hero"??

He was a dedicated and ridiculously talented athlete that was great in hoops. But a hero?

Around the corner at firehouse #9 there's a dozen guys I'd call heroes before Kobe.......

And a lot more in police stations, military barracks (past and present) just to name a few.

I love sports, loved playing, love watching, love watching some of the most gifted athletes in the world......

But with rare exceptions none of that makes them heroes in my book.

We move on.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I got nothing against the guy but constantly hearing him referred to as a "hero"??

He was a dedicated and ridiculously talented athlete that was great in hoops. But a hero?

Around the corner at firehouse #9 there's a dozen guys I'd call heroes before Kobe.......

And a lot more in police stations, military barracks (past and present) just to name a few.

I love sports, loved playing, love watching, love watching some of the most gifted athletes in the world......

We move on.

I appreciate the five-day break before the rant.

Solid timing.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
I appreciate the five-day break before the rant.

Solid timing.

Yeah I didn't want to pile on too early, heck I don't even dislike a lot of the media attention, but hero?

Maybe to his girls, and that's the way it should be. But a hero to anyone else? Not to an old fuck like me.

This guy never got along with his father, settled out of court with a young lady he was accused of raping.........

And when asked threw Shaq under the bus, said he spent more $$$$ keeping women silent than he did.

The cat from Arizona, the safety that got shot would qualify more so than Kobe if inclined to use the hero word.

Kobe on the court, he was the man. Kobe off the court? Closer to Zero than Hero.

One man's opinion.

RIP!!

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
LeBron took the microphone before tonight's game at Staples Center.

He ended with this line, "So in the words of Kobe Bryant, 'Mamba out.' But in the words of us, 'Not forgotten.' Live on, brother."

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

We move on.

Lots of accolades you can use, but I agree hero is not one of them....Only young children can get away with calling athletes their hero...

common guy

EOG Senior Member
I never pay attention to Laker games,but had a long drive last night down 101 from Central CA. so I tuned in to John Ireland and Mychal Thompson. My takeaways....
1. Those were mountains I drove by at Las Virgenes-or really big hills unlike any others near a freeway in SoCal. 2. LeBron had a crappy game 3. The media missed the real story that Kobe and Dame Lillard were very close.