Miami Heat

High Times

EOG Master
Still 75-1 or higher .........

Amazing value... Could possibly win the East!

Plus, Pat Riley is someone who will go out and add a good player when he sees the team has a real shot......

🤑

Last edited by a moderator:

kane

EOG master
The Heat could be a sleeper in the East, they're athletic and have a nice mix of veterans and youngsters, they're a very deep team that no one will want to meet in the playoffs, Jimmy Butler has been as good as they hoped he would be and then some, it was amazing watching them completely take apart the Rockets last night, they're the most fun Heat team to watch since the big 3 era, and they also have an outstanding coach, Spo is as good as they come. No one will pay them much attention, but this team could be very good.

kane

EOG master
The Heat currently have the fourth best record in the league, Jimmy Butler has been fantastic, Bam Adebayo is playing at an all star level, and role players like Duncan Robinson, Kendrick Nunn, Tyler Herro, Kelly Olynyk, and Meyers Leonard have been big as well. Spo has done a great job with this team and they're fun to watch, on paper they shouldn't be as good as they've been, but it's all come together for them

kane

EOG master
Wait until they go on a losing binge and he starts pointing fingers again. Happens every season
with him.

It won't happen this time, he loves it here, in the offseason he could have signed anywhere he wanted, he could have gone to a team with a better chance of competing for a title, but Miami is the place he wanted to be, he's immersed himself in Heat culture, he's been a great leader on and off the court and a major reason why a bunch of no name guys have come together and played above expectations. Butler likes teammates who show up every day and work hard, that's who the Heat are, no prima donna's, no guys with big ego's, the chemistry he's developed with his teammates was instant. I know he has a reputation as being hard on his teammates, but everything is different with this team, you'll see this as the season progresses.

kane

EOG master
After last night's win against the Sixers, the Heat are now 24-8, good for the third best record in the league and I doubt most NBA fans could name two players on the team

After last night's win against the Sixers, the Heat are now 24-8, good for the third best record in the league and I doubt most NBA fans could name two players on the team
Miami definitely has some mojo at home. Sixers did about everything possible in the last minute of 4Q to blow that game.

Sure helps when you are in a division with the 3 worst teams in the league power ratings wise.

kane

EOG master
Sure helps when you are in a division with the 3 worst teams in the league power ratings wise.

They've beaten the good teams too, they have 2 wins against Philly, and they also beat Toronto and Milwaukee on the road, but yeah their division is weak. The also have wins against Houston, Utah, Indiana, and Dallas

High Times

EOG Master
Good jinxing your team, put up a shit effort against a total dog opponent.

It's the NBA.

But it's cool rooting against the bet. It was posted because it has tremendous value. If you think otherwise you're only showing your bitterness about something. Sorry for your problems......

kane

EOG master
Good jinxing your team, put up a shit effort against a total dog opponent.

The Heat were in one of the worst spots you'll ever see in the NBA, they were coming off consecutive wins against Utah, Indiana, and Philadelphia, and all three were grinders, they won those games by 3,1,and 1, they then take to the road to face a bad Washington team missing not only their best player in Beal, but four other rotation players as well, the Wizards were playing guys they just signed from the G league, guys I've never heard of, and I can promise you the Heat had never heard of either, it was the mother of all let down spots, so it wasn't surprising that Miami didn't show up.

The Heat were in one of the worst spots you'll ever see in the NBA, they were coming off consecutive wins against Utah, Indiana, and Philadelphia, and all three were grinders, they won those games by 3,1,and 1, they then take to the road to face a bad Washington team missing not only their best player in Beal, but four other rotation players as well, the Wizards were playing guys they just signed from the G league, guys I've never heard of, and I can promise you the Heat had never heard of either, it was the mother of all let down spots, so it wasn't surprising that Miami didn't show up.

Losing by 20 against a team like that when double digit favorites is a real problem. Doesn't matter if you let down, you don't get shit canned by G Leaguers.

kane

EOG master
Losing by 20 against a team like that when double digit favorites is a real problem. Doesn't matter if you let down, you don't get shit canned by G Leaguers.

No, it's not a problem at all, it's nothing more than one bad game, and like I posted, you could see the loss coming, it was a horrific spot for the Heat, the Wizards had guys setting career highs, they'll never play that well again, the NBA is a grind, and sometimes there are situations where teams don't "show up" that was one of those games for Miami. Milwaukee, the Clippers, and the Lakers have all lost this year laying double digits, it's the NBA, and if you follow the league you should know Miami's loss wasn't that surprising. This is still the same Heat team that's beaten Philly twice, Houston, Utah, Dallas, and has wins at Toronto and at Milwaukee, they're still a good team despite laying an egg the other night.

High Times

EOG Master
No, it's not a problem at all, it's nothing more than one bad game, and like I posted, you could see the loss coming, it was a horrific spot for the Heat, the Wizards had guys setting career highs, they'll never play that well again, the NBA is a grind, and sometimes there are situations where teams don't "show up" that was one of those games for Miami. Milwaukee, the Clippers, and the Lakers have all lost this year laying double digits, it's the NBA, and if you follow the league you should know Miami's loss wasn't that surprising. This is still the same Heat team that's beaten Philly twice, Houston, Utah, Dallas, and has wins at Toronto and at Milwaukee, they're still a good team despite laying an egg the other night.

Rockets lost to Golden State too... Should we eliminate them?

For me part of the reason I made the bet was I'm counting on Reilly to get them a #2 player before the trading deadline..... Even if he doesn't the bet will have value...

Chris Paul?

High Times

EOG Master

Rockets lost to Golden State too... Should we eliminate them?

For me part of the reason I made the bet was I'm counting on Reilly to get them a #2 player before the trading deadline..... Even if he doesn't the bet will have value...

Chris Paul?

kane

EOG master

Hey Bill, do you think the Clippers have a real problem? They just got beat at home as a DD favorite by 26 points to a bad Memphis team. Or perhaps it's one meaningless game in a long grinding season and won't have any meaning when the playoffs start

I think the Heat are just not as good as their record that's all. Every team has bad games and this Clipper team I think is going to pay for their attitude towards the season.

kane

EOG master
I think the Heat are just not as good as their record that's all. Every team has bad games and this Clipper team I think is going to pay for their attitude towards the season.

If you think the Heat isn't as good as their record, that's fine, I probably agree with you, but the point of this thread is that HT thought that 75/1 to win the conference was high, and that they could possibly win the East, I also agreed that Miami could be a sleeper, and 75/1 was a great bet, the truth is I don't think they'll win the East, but that was never the point of the thread, just that Miami could be a sleeper and there was value at 75/1

If you think the Heat isn't as good as their record, that's fine, I probably agree with you, but the point of this thread is that HT thought that 75/1 to win the conference was high, and that they could possibly win the East, I also agreed that Miami could be a sleeper, and 75/1 was a great bet, the truth is I don't think they'll win the East, but that was never the point of the thread, just that Miami could be a sleeper and there was value at 75/1

Slight value at 75/1, but nothing that special. What if they are:

First -200
Second +200
Third +200
Finals +400

That's about 68/1. Add in the off chance they get a bunch of injuries and somehow miss the playoffs and 75/1 seems about right. Of course you could debate these odds round by round, but its very plausible IMO.

High Times

EOG Master
Slight value at 75/1, but nothing that special. What if they are:

First -200
Second +200
Third +200
Finals +400

That's about 68/1. Add in the off chance they get a bunch of injuries and somehow miss the playoffs and 75/1 seems about right. Of course you could debate these odds round by round, but its very plausible IMO.

You're clueless

kane

EOG master
Yeah great, a guy who has been sitting on his ass investing his money all year. Game changer! And why would the Warriors give up Draymond? Wishful thinking...

Iggy hasn't been sitting on his ass all year, he's been working out and staying in shape, and he might not be a game changer, but he's a damn good player on both ends of the floor and will be an asset to the Heat, plenty of teams were interested in acquiring him, I know the Lakers wanted him bad, great pickup by Riley. Also, HT made a mistake, it's not Draymond Green they want, it's Danilo Gallinari, not sure if that deal gets done, but you're the only one who doesn't like the Iggy signing

Iggy hasn't been sitting on his ass all year, he's been working out and staying in shape, and he might not be a game changer, but he's a damn good player on both ends of the floor and will be an asset to the Heat, plenty of teams were interested in acquiring him, I know the Lakers wanted him bad, great pickup by Riley. Also, HT made a mistake, it's not Draymond Green they want, it's Danilo Gallinari, not sure if that deal gets done, but you're the only one who doesn't like the Iggy signing

I'm not saying getting Iggy is a bad thing, I just see it being worth very little and could bring trouble to the team. And frankly I hate the message the whole Iggy situation all year enables. You get paid $17m to play ball and you act like fuck this, if I'm not on a team or a city I like, I'm not even showing up? Retire then if you don't like it, walk away from the money. Otherwise shut the fuck up and act like the professional you claim to be.

Good on the rest of the Grizz to tell him to go fuck himself and that they can't wait to play him. I hope they bring someone off the deep bench to come in and clock his smug ass, that's what he'd get for acting like a child in the NHL and the whole league would support it, especially the other players who know how to give an effort and show appreciation for the opportunity you get being a pro athlete. He's always been about looking out for myself first and foremost his entire career, good luck with that in a nicely developing locker room.

kane

EOG master
I'm not saying getting Iggy is a bad thing, I just see it being worth very little and could bring trouble to the team. And frankly I hate the message the whole Iggy situation all year enables. You get paid $17m to play ball and you act like fuck this, if I'm not on a team or a city I like, I'm not even showing up? Retire then if you don't like it, walk away from the money. Otherwise shut the fuck up and act like the professional you claim to be.

Good on the rest of the Grizz to tell him to go fuck himself and that they can't wait to play him. I hope they bring someone off the deep bench to come in and clock his smug ass, that's what he'd get for acting like a child in the NHL and the whole league would support it, especially the other players who know how to give an effort and show appreciation for the opportunity you get being a pro athlete. He's always been about looking out for myself first and foremost his entire career, good luck with that in a nicely developing locker room.

You obviously know nothing about the Heat and Heat culture, Iggy will be a perfect fit for them, he isn't a guy that will demand minutes, and even though he was good enough to be a starter, he willingly came off the bench for GS because that's what the coach wanted and thought it would give them the best chance to win, he could have complained, but he didn't. He's a well respected veteran who will fit in perfectly in the locker room, all the Heat gave up was Justise Winslow, who hasn't played much this year anyway due to injury, and with the emergence of guys like Tyler Herro and Kendrick Nunn, Winslow was expendable. At the end of games the Heat now has 3 elite defenders in Iggy, Jimmy, and Bam. And like I said, there were plenty of contending teams trying to get him, In wish I could have seen the look on LeBron's face when the news broke, I know for a fact the Lakers wanted him. Iggy is a champion, a former finals MVP and will add a lot of leadership to the team, in addition to his on court play. Again, you can poo-poo this deal all you want, but I've yet to hear any NBA analyst say this wasn't a good move by the Heat. They also agreed to a two year extension, but the second year is a team option, which means in the Summer of 2021 the Heat will have enough cap space and financial flexibility to sign a max FA (hello Giannis). Great move by the Heat and Pat Riley.

Well let's see what he does first. If anything I like the Heat getting Jae Crowder. Guy never gets enough credit for doing the little things and helping his team win. He knows better to leave the shooting to his more talented teammates.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am

True that. I really wanted Robert Covington the Third but that wasn't really plausible.

kane

EOG master
Well let's see what he does first. If anything I like the Heat getting Jae Crowder. Guy never gets enough credit for doing the little things and helping his team win. He knows better to leave the shooting to his more talented teammates.

You're right about Crowder, he's a 3 and D guy, a veteran who should fit in nicely in the locker room and could help them on the court as well, the Heat are now as deep as any team in the league. The entire trade is Winslow, James Johnson, and Dion Waiters for Iggy, Crowder, and Solomon Hill. Crowder and Hill both have expiring contracts, whereas Johnson and Waiters don't, next year the Crowder and Hill contracts come off the books which will save the Heat about 27M in salary cap space. Not only did Riley pick up a highly coveted player, he did it while also picking up two expiring contracts, and shipping out three players who weren't even in the rotation

kane

EOG master
True that. I really wanted Robert Covington the Third but that wasn't really plausible.

Assuming the Lakers don't make a move today, you know later in the season when veterans get bought out of thier contratcs, they'll be able to snag a guy or two who could help them

kane

EOG master
The Clippers just traded for Marcus Morris and Isiah Thomas, two good veteran pick ups for them

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
Assuming the Lakers don't make a move today, you know later in the season when veterans get bought out of thier contratcs, they'll be able to snag a guy or two who could help them

Was hoping to get Iggy that way.

High Times

EOG Master

Yes they were looking at him too..... The Draymond Green talk also took place. One of the San Francisco online papers were getting updates.

kane

EOG master
Yes they were looking at him too..... The Draymond Green talk also took place. One of the San Francisco online papers were getting updates.

I never heard any interest in Draymond by the Heat, I just googled it and apparently the Heat kicked the tires on trying to acquire him, but it seemed like a long shot the whole time

High Times

EOG Master
I never heard any interest in Draymond by the Heat, I just googled it and apparently the Heat kicked the tires on trying to acquire him, but it seemed like a long shot the whole time

I can get you the site that was reporting this last night if you care.

But they had reported that the Warriors asked Green if he would waive the no trade clause and he said yes. So they were talking.

But I agree with you that there wasn't much of a chance any deal would happen.