Rillito Park

blueline

EOG Master
About Rillito Park

Rillito Park is a historic racetrack and the birthplace of Quarter Horse racing.

Gates open at 10 a.m. and close after the last Simulcast race.

General Admission is $5 and Clubhouse Admission is $10.

No outside food or beverages are allowed in. Please no pets

10 dollars to get into the clubhouse for a place that has less than 1K in the double pool

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry
there is a nice youtube video on that track reopening and some of the history search around. Ill link here to it also.

blueline

EOG Master
Comparing the admission price to the daily double pool is classic.

Enjoy the day in Tucson.

Im in chicago ...just was poking around Rillito info since I may play there today hoping to snag a couple of pick 3 pools..I'll get there eventually

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Your previous travels fooled me.

Enjoy the day in Chicago.

Eighty-four degrees with bright sunshine here in beautiful Costa Rica.

blueline

EOG Master
TuP has 50 cent pick 3 and 1 dollar doubles...RIL has 1 dollar pick 3 and 2 dollar double .....go figure

blueline

EOG Master
chalk was taken for a nickle at TuP in his last....got caught up in a speed duel....impressive ride by the jockey on the winner...she could end up as the queen of the NW when she goes back up there

blueline

EOG Master
chalk was taken for a nickle at TuP in his last....got caught up in a speed duel....impressive ride by the jockey on the winner...she could end up as the queen of the NW when she goes back up there

I turn on TuP and I see her cross the wire in front at 29/1

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Never been to Rillito Park.

The good news about a lot of bush tracks is the simulcast menu.

I would be hard-pressed to visit a small racetrack without the opportunity to play elsewhere.

I plan to visit Hipódromo Presidente Remón in April.

The track in Panama City, Panama gave Laffit Pincay, Jr. his start.

In fact, Laffit's jockey school is located at the track.

Graduates include Jacinto Vaszuez, Jorge Velasquez, Alex Solis and Kentucky Derby rule-breaker Luis Saez.

blueline

EOG Master
4th race = clearly fastest number
5th race 2nd fastest number
6th = clearly fastest number

$2 pick 3 = $107
cant bet a lot on it obviously but the money is still green

Valuist

EOG Master
4th race = clearly fastest number
5th race 2nd fastest number
6th = clearly fastest number

$2 pick 3 = $107
cant bet a lot on it obviously but the money is still green

Does that software you use for thoroughbreds have numbers for quarters?

bomzee

EOG Dedicated
In the 1970's The exotic bet that used to attract my attention at Rillito was the Twin Q which was the last 2 races of the day. As I recall there would be roughly 3 to 4 thousand in the pool.

bomzee

EOG Dedicated
FWIW For many years The University of Arizona offers degrees in Race Track Industry/ management . It is either the only college that does or one of the very very few that does
thus some big names in the Horse Racing industry have attended the University Of Arizona in Tucson.

Valuist

EOG Master
FWIW For many years The University of Arizona offers degrees in Race Track Industry/ management . It is either the only college that does or one of the very very few that does
thus some big names in the Horse Racing industry have attended the University Of Arizona in Tucson.

Pletcher another Arizona grad. I believe U of Louisville has the same program. Probably Kentucky as well.

blueline

EOG Master
had a 2/6 double which would have taken the pool....nose defeat in race 1 and 2nd in race 2.....lot of bang for the buck

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

And many of the students of the RTIP at the University of Arizona work on the administrative staff at Rillito Park.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
had a 2/6 double which would have taken the pool....nose defeat in race 1 and 2nd in race 2.....lot of bang for the buck

The winning daily double combination was a gross underlay.

The $2 win parlay returned $19.60 and the $2 daily double returned only $10.60.

The daily double pool was $672.

Blue's $2 win parlay would have paid about $100 and his daily double will-pay would have paid more than $500.

blueline

EOG Master
today's 8th...an open 2K claimer 6 horse field with three 7yo mares and a 10yo gelding.....the feature a $7400 stake with the cost of $200 to pass the entry box...put up or shutup