Cry me a (Philip) Rivers

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
After 16 seasons with the bolts, it looks like Rivers is officially out at LA. Still a stench of Brady money coming in and perhaps rearing its ugly head.

Last edited:

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Mutually agreed to 'part ways'.

No. Unless you are saying the Chargers said to leave and Rivers agreed to do so. I am sure he would have loved to stay for at least 1 more season and then maybe retire. Sorta like what Brady should do with the Pats - and I think that happens

jimmythegreek

No. Unless you are saying the Chargers said to leave and Rivers agreed to do so. I am sure he would have loved to stay for at least 1 more season and then maybe retire. Sorta like what Brady should do with the Pats - and I think that happens
Yes. According to Adam Schefter's tweet this was the case. Story is also available on ESPN contrary to popular opinion. He will enter free agency in 2020.

kane

EOG master
FWIW, every mock draft I've seen has the Chargers taking Herbert at #6. Don't know what to think of him, there are times where I think he'll be really good and other times when I think he'll be a bust

bmiller

EOG Addicted
He played 14 years without missing a game and even played in a championship game with a torn ACL .. Rivers was true competitor

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
I think Herbert +500 has some value

Chargers will be moving into a brand new 70,000+ seat stadium. They had trouble filling a place less than half that size. They are gonna need to put BIS and saying Herbert will start is the way to do that. Tyrod Taylor doesn't sell seats. Herbert will

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
FWIW, every mock draft I've seen has the Chargers taking Herbert at #6. Don't know what to think of him, there are times where I think he'll be really good and other times when I think he'll be a bust
How the Chargers are constructed now, they should go after a veteran. I would see what the Lions want for Stafford.

papa 5

EOG Veteran
I'm leaning bust.

KevinStott11

EOG Veteran
I would rather have Herbert than Tua. Tua may end up being like Kevin Brown (Dodgers) or Kyrie Irving (Celtics) and never play as much as a perceived star, starter and high-paid athlete should. He will probably be playing scared both physically and mentally in early NFL games. I doubt he can be a rushing threat in NFL like he was at Bama before the first injury. Having adjectives before injuries is never a good thing, especially for a 21-year-old Rookie.

I will be a instant fan of whomever draft Jerry Jeudy.

My big Old Man theory the L5 years with players' potential destinations is that THE WIFE ALWAYS MAKES THE DECISION. Media never chirps about this reality. Giselle Bündchen won't want to move and they have kids and she probably already knows Brady will stay with Pats. Maybe Gronk returns also.

Last edited:

jimmythegreek

Given last season, Tampa would almost be like a trade-off. Also, would Indianapolis bble willing to part with Brissett in return for another year or 2 at most?

E$

EOG Dedicated
I can’t imagine anybody will have any interest in him as bad as he looked at the end of the year

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
Wonder if Brady is looking at real estate in San Diego. With that offense, he can do wonders. As long as they get some o line protection.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
Patriots ess in a way.
Gordon/Eckler behind him
K.Allen and Mike Williams beasts on outside
He will have his beast of a TE too in Henry.

You have to imagine he is seriously thinking about it.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
Chargers are probably setting shit in motion. They will franchise tag Henry. Pitch Brady with a lot of money even though he doesnt need it. Assurance they get somebody to secure that offensive line as well. Its a wrap.

But he can turn out to be loyal and just retire a Patriot. He wont get another SB with that offenae in NE. He would put up massive numbers with the Chargers.

TheGuesser

EOG Dedicated
Can only see Rivers with TB or Carolina. Can only see Brady with NE(Strong favorite), LAC or LVR. I think the odds are right.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
Charger coach giving props to Tyrod Taylor...says he could be number one....

Lynn dogging his own grave if they don’t draft Herbert or Tua....

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Charger coach giving props to Tyrod Taylor...says he could be number one....

Lynn dogging his own grave if they don’t draft Herbert or Tua....

He has to say that since Taylor is the only QB on the roster who could start. If San Diego (and they will always be SD to me) drafts Herbert you start him in Week 1

jimmythegreek

The NFL is becoming what MLB and the NBA already is. Let's team up after free agency and become superheroes before time runs out and we risk not winning any hardware

The only advantage of signing Brady is to sell tickets-Brady’s lost his fastball. Oakland is going to sell out every game so that makes no sense. Gruden is overly infatuated with veterans and I’d thought he’d learned his lesson with AB.