Getting a colonoscopy

kane

EOG master
Tomorrow morning I get a colonoscopy, I've never had one before and I'm not looking forward to it at all. I know a lot of guys who have had it done and they all say the procedure is no big deal, they put you to sleep and afterwards you don't feel any pain or discomfort, they all say the prep the day before is way worse than the actual procedure. Starting at 5:00 I have to mix some powder with water and drink it, then at 7:00 I have to do the same thing along with taking 4 laxative pills, then at 3:00 AM I have more powder to mix and drink. I can't eat anything today except for orange jello, and after midnight I can't eat or drink anything, so It looks like I'll be spending the majority of time running back and forth to the bathroom all night, can't wait till this is all over, not a fun experience.

Sleepy

EOG Master
That shit they make you drink tastes like piss.

That's the worst part of the whole ordeal.

They give you juice and cookies when you wake up! (y)

Crazy Pete

EOG Addicted
My experience echoes Sleepy’s: my God that liquid mixture tasted horrific😱🤮
Hopefully they improved the taste. Imo once you’re done with the preliminaries, you’re past the worst part.
You don’t really feel any pain, or anything at all, during the procedure.
Today is the worst part.
Tomorrow is a relative breeze.

mr merlin

EOG Master
They've been pushing me to do that since I turned 50, I turn it down everytime, instead I do the fecal occult blood test where you shit on a towel and stick a swab in.

Those dr's are a bunch of sadists.

boston massacre

EOG Master
Tomorrow morning I get a colonoscopy, I've never had one before and I'm not looking forward to it at all. I know a lot of guys who have had it done and they all say the procedure is no big deal, they put you to sleep and afterwards you don't feel any pain or discomfort, they all say the prep the day before is way worse than the actual procedure. Starting at 5:00 I have to mix some powder with water and drink it, then at 7:00 I have to do the same thing along with taking 4 laxative pills, then at 3:00 AM I have more powder to mix and drink. I can't eat anything today except for orange jello, and after midnight I can't eat or drink anything, so It looks like I'll be spending the majority of time running back and forth to the bathroom all night, can't wait till this is all over, not a fun experience.

Hopefully you get the same Results that President Trump Received.

His Procedure started over 3 Years ago, and it's still ongoing.

And They continue to find Nothing !

MrTop

EOG Master

going tomorrow myself. As long as you don't see the doc and the nurse dressing after you wake up you will be fine.

kane

EOG master
My experience echoes Sleepy’s: my God that liquid mixture tasted horrific😱🤮
Hopefully they improved the taste. Imo once you’re done with the preliminaries, you’re past the worst part.
You don’t really feel any pain, or anything at all, during the procedure.
Today is the worst part.
Tomorrow is a relative breeze.

This is what everyone has told me, that the day before is a bitch, but the procedure is the easy part

kane

EOG master
They've been pushing me to do that since I turned 50, I turn it down everytime, instead I do the fecal occult blood test where you shit on a towel and stick a swab in.

Those dr's are a bunch of sadists.

I've seen those commercials on TV, where you send them a stool sample, I wish I could have done that, but since I have diverticulitis my Dr said I need a colonoscopy

kane

EOG master
getting away from the liquid. This is a new drink.. 2 of them. real easy cannot eat though

All I'm allowed to eat is orange jello, and nothing to eat or drink after midnight. I have three pouches of powder that I have to mix with water, hope it tastes somewhat decent at least

mr merlin

EOG Master
I've seen those commercials on TV, where you send them a stool sample, I wish I could have done that, but since I have diverticulitis my Dr said I need a colonoscopy
I get it right from the clinic, you take it home, lay a special towel in the toilet, crap on it and then stick in this little swab and put it in a bottle they give you, take it back the next day and a day later you get the results. They push you to do the whole shebang because they claim if they see something they can do a biopsy or remove polyps, etc right then, which is true, but it's also probably an unneeded test which costs your ins thousands.

i get a kick out of how everyone who's had it done says "yea, go do it", misery loves company,LOL.

kane

EOG master
GL Topper, a couple weeks ago I got a hair cut and I told my barber about my pending colonoscopy, he then told me a story about the time a few years ago when he got a colonoscopy, he said right after he felt fine, but a couple hours later he didn't feel so good, long story short the Dr perforated his colon and he ended up in the hospital for almost two months, the Drs thought he would die, but eventually he pulled through, not exactly the story I wanted to hear.

MrTop

EOG Master
GL Topper, a couple weeks ago I got a hair cut and I told my barber about my pending colonoscopy, he then told me a story about the time a few years ago when he got a colonoscopy, he said right after he felt fine, but a couple hours later he didn't feel so good, long story short the Dr perforated his colon and he ended up in the hospital for almost two months, the Drs thought he would die, but eventually he pulled through, not exactly the story I wanted to hear.

WOW !!! it could happen. good luck.

kane

EOG master
I get it right from the clinic, you take it home, lay a special towel in the toilet, crap on it and then stick in this little swab and put it in a bottle they give you, take it back the next day and a day later you get the results. They push you to do the whole shebang because they claim if they see something they can do a biopsy or remove polyps, etc right then, which is true, but it's also probably an unneeded test which costs your ins thousands.

i get a kick out of how everyone who's had it done says "yea, go do it", misery loves company,LOL.

I got a call from someone at the hospital and they said the cost would be $150, not sure how much my insurance covers, but a buck fifty seems cheap enough

Valuist

EOG Master
I had it done a few years ago and Sleepy is correct in that the drink is the worst part. Not only the taste but the incredible volume that you have to drink.

Having said that, you should have the procedure done. Had an ex girlfriend die from colon cancer about 5 years ago. Not many beat it.

unluckysob

EOG Dedicated
Always wondered about that. Afraid they will puncture my gut. I am probably the oldest guy here. Heart bypass about 8 years ago. Only doctor I see is a cardiologist. If I had a general doctor, he would probably insist on colonoscopy.

richsox24

EOG Master
The procedure is literally nothing Kane. You're asleep for like 20 minutes, and when you wake up, you don't even realize anything was done.

The shit you have to drink tonight is pretty bad and you'll be running to the bathroom every 10 minutes but you'll also probably lose 5 pounds today in water weight.

Funny story too, I've had 1 colonoscopy in my life and they did an edoscopy at the same time which is a camera down your throat.

Before the doc put me out, he asked if i wanted them to use the same camera for both ends....I obviously said no.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
I am getting one at the end of March. Had one many years ago

All saying the shit you gotta drink is the worst are correct. It is a tasteless, odorless liquid that tastes and smells awful

The actual procedure is nothing. When I had mine done I recall going on the table, Seeing the Doc getting ready to shove a camera up my ass and then the next thing I knew I was being woken up and being told time to go home

The actual colonoscopy is nothing. The prep for it is bruuuuuuuuuuuutal

kane

EOG master
I am getting one at the end of March. Had one many years ago

All saying the shit you gotta drink is the worst are correct. It is a tasteless, odorless liquid that tastes and smells awful

The actual procedure is nothing. When I had mine done I recall going on the table, Seeing the Doc getting ready to shove a camera up my ass and then the next thing I knew I was being woken up and being told time to go home

The actual colonoscopy is nothing. The prep for it is bruuuuuuuuuuuutal

Winky, if it's tasteless and odorless, than why would it taste and smell awful

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Winky, if it's tasteless and odorless, than why would it taste and smell awful

No idea but by the end you are sick of the smell of it and sick of the taste of it

I compare it to getting a Polygraph: It is the most physically demanding things one can do that is not 1% physically demanding

dogball

EOG Master
Much ado about nothing except you will be shitting your brains out tonight. Once that stops tomorrow is a breeze.

mr merlin

EOG Master
I got a call from someone at the hospital and they said the cost would be $150, not sure how much my insurance covers, but a buck fifty seems cheap enough
You're talking for the whole colonoscopy, or that test I did? i think ins should cover a colonoscopy since it's considered a preventative exam after age 50.