What a Good NBA All-Star Game...

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
The league and those in power finally got it right.....and the kids make money.....Had my interest the whole fourth quarter....
Great watching the stars play hard in the final quarter....

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Love the strategy involved with target scoring.

On the playground, hoopsters are accustomed to playing to a target score (11 or 15 or 21) with no clock involved.

Anthony Davis hit the "game-winner" in anti-climactic fashion when knocking down the second of two free throws.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Players wearing either numbers 2 or 24 threw me off.

Sometimes the league gets too cute with its tributes.

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!
Was incredible to watch the 10 best players in the world play ultra hard down the stretch. It was great watching all the different head to head mtchups. It's too bad the refs did everything in their power to fuck the whole game up.

kane

EOG master
The NBA got it right, the fourth quarter was awesome, the play on the court wasn't great, but that's because those guys were playing defense on every possession. Like Ray said, 10 of the best players in the world playing hard, playing to win, and it came down to the final shot, can't ask for anything more

Dell Dude

EOG Master
There is no innocent reason Illinois is as blue as California. All of that from Chicago? I don't think so. Detroit Basketball doesn't affect Michigan that much. We are talking 20% or higher every election for Democrats.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
There is no innocent reason Illinois is as blue as California. All of that from Chicago? I don't think so. Detroit Basketball doesn't affect Michigan that much. We are talking 20% or higher every election for Democrats.
Politically, Illinois is like Michigan. Roughly 10 counties in Illinois are D, all downstate is R unless it has a bigger city. Illinois seems to be more influenced by D’s though.

Dell Dude - my county in Mich (Berrien) has been R since 1936.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
How about Trae Young's half-court shot to end the first half?

Amazing.

These guys shoot from distance with fabulous ease.

LeBron tried to end the game with a 35-footer and the score in his team's favor at 154-153.

What an ending that would have been!

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Was incredible to watch the 10 best players in the world play ultra hard down the stretch. It was great watching all the different head to head mtchups. It's too bad the refs did everything in their power to fuck the whole game up.

Not sure if I'm more disappointed in the three refs from Sunday night or the five Slam Dunk judges from Saturday night.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
The two nonprofit organizations (Chicago Scholars and After School Matters) selected by NBA Charities could have used the betting markets to hedge their position.

During the fourth quarter of the All-Star Game, a total of $300,000 was on the line for the two groups.

Of course, house limits would have been a problem.

Maybe they shook hands before the final quarter?

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
The Greek Freak is reaching his prime.

He doesn't turn 26 until December.

Will Kevin Durant return 100% next season to go toe-to-toe with Antetokounmpo?

A ruptured Achilles tendon is usually the beginning of the end for an NBA player.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
The only star player missing from the NBA All-Star Game aside from Durant was the red-hot Damian Lillard.

MrTop

EOG Master
No NbA wednesday. Bunch of slackers. Load management. Never happened with MJ. Played with 115 degree flu. Meanwhile brick takes a load management day with his 98.7 flu and is caught by TMZ & ESPN shopping downtown miami wide posse friend wade.

Last edited:

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
I thought it was incredible in the 4q watched the best players in the world matchup and play with the intensity of an NBA Final. Gamebred won't like this but the Greek abused the King.

I almost felt sorry for Brick.....

I only watched bits and pieces, was turning it back and forth but seems like Brick was getting his shot blocked and/or smoked on defense every time I watched....

Once falling helplessy to the ground as the guy he was "guarding" flew past.

The end was almost symbolic for the Laker season and what we've seen and expect to see going forward, past and present.....

Davis waiting, watching patiently as Brick tried 1, 2, 3 times to end the game, finally stepped in calmly and won it for the West as it got too close for comfort.

Lakers only go as far as Davis carries them, just a stud on both ends of the court.

Great 4th quarter all around.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
I didn't need to check but I did so anyway.....

Brick with 6 turnovers led the way for everyone in the game on both sides.

In fact he had more than the entire starting 5 for the West combined!

Played 18 minutes and had 6 turnovers, turned it over every 3 minutes on the court, he simply can't compete with quality players around him at his age.