We need a travel ban from China

Screw Andrews

EOG Dedicated
I flew from Chicago to San Jose, Costa Rica two days ago.

Caught an infection in my right eye during the flight but I blamed it on contact lenses.

When I heard about the Chicagoan with the corona virus, my heart skipped a beat.

I cannot expire before I make a six-figure score at the racetrack.

1/5 to live to 100 plus....:D

mr merlin

EOG Master
the state of oregon has the virus now.
It's everywhere, we just dont know it. Supposedly they've only done a few dozen tests in the entire country this week(due to their dumbass testing rules). they have now changed everything and will allow many , many labs to test themselves, thousands of tests will be done per day starting next week.

This is going to explode.

MrTop

EOG Master
It's everywhere, we just dont know it. Supposedly they've only done a few dozen tests in the entire country this week(due to their dumbass testing rules). they have now changed everything and will allow many , many labs to test themselves, thousands of tests will be done per day starting next week.

This is going to explode.

you are probably right.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
How's this for mockery?

Trump appears at one of his standing-room-only rallies with a surgical mask.

The crowd would go wild.

mr merlin

EOG Master
The Dems would love to see Trump contract coronavirus.
Have you seen the pope? he;s very sick, coincidentally the iranian ambassador to the vatican just died of corona virus(probably unrelated), other members of the iranian govt are sick.

Congressman and senators are going to get it, along with everyone else, bernie and biden are walking dead men.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
It is all what the people talk about here in Thailand.....arguments on both sides of how serious it is....numerous sporting events are being cancelled....

blueline

EOG Master
from an article a week ago :

California, Nebraska and Illinois are the only U.S. states that can currently test for coronavirus, the Association of Public Health Laboratories (APHL) told Reuters on Friday.

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) last week said some of the testing kits sent to U.S. states and at least 30 countries produced “inconclusive” results due to a flawed component.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

California, Nebraska and Illinois are the only U.S. states that can currently test for coronavirus, the Association of Public Health Laboratories (APHL) told Reuters on Friday.

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) last week said some of the testing kits sent to U.S. states and at least 30 countries produced “inconclusive” results due to a flawed component.

And that is on Trump. There is no reason not to be proactive on this.

mr merlin

EOG Master

yes, but supposedly they are now allowing local labs at various hospitals/universities, etc to do their own tests, without sending them to atlanta(which takes several days). So testing should ramp way up.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
You don’t hear much news from China about this anymore, did they shut off the news to the rest of the world?

mr merlin

EOG Master
You don’t hear much news from China about this anymore, did they shut off the news to the rest of the world?
They report roughly 500 cases and 50 deaths a day, so the 'theory" is it's on the wane. however they're economy is not picking up, most large cities are still largely void of traffic and activity.

So we really have no idea.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
They report roughly 500 cases and 50 deaths a day, so the 'theory" is it's on the wane. however they're economy is not picking up, most large cities are still largely void of traffic and activity.

So we really have no idea.
The market hates uncertainty and you can’t trust Chinese news. I don’t believe those numbers at all.

mr merlin

EOG Master
The market hates uncertainty and you can’t trust Chinese news. I don’t believe those numbers at all.
The chinese PMI numbers came in last night, a total disaster, MFG pmi came in at 35, non mfg was expected to be 50(no growth) it came in at 29. We're setting up for a black monday.

I expect a market intervention by the fed and world banks, possibly before they open on monday.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
The chinese PMI numbers came in last night, a total disaster, MFG pmi came in at 35, non mfg was expected to be 50(no growth) it came in at 29. We're setting up for a black monday.

I expect a market intervention by the fed and world banks, possibly before they open on monday.
How long can China shut down before the world REALLY feels it? Also how long will it take them to get up and running when that time occurs?

mr merlin

EOG Master
How long can China shut down before the world REALLY feels it? Also how long will it take them to get up and running when that time occurs?
Not long, up till now things have been in the pipeline, they said yesterday that empty shelves will start appearing at walmart and target soon as chinese products run out.

China numbers are all BS, but up till now they were expected to have 5-6% growth, a week or so ago the idiots at goldman/morgan stanley said this would lower 1st qtr growth in china to 2. NO, they're going to be -30% in the first qtr, maybe more, second qtr still -20.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Personally I would love to see a lot of empty shelves at Walmart. They helped stick it to the American worker, now they can deal with the mess in China.

mr merlin

EOG Master
Personally I would love to see a lot of empty shelves at Walmart. They helped stick it to the American worker, now they can deal with the mess in China.
I disagree, walmart provides what people want for less, they have never been the enemy, they forced no one through the doors. Amazon is the enemy throwing people out of work.

Valuist

EOG Master

Quite a few tech companies did Ok yesterday, leading one to think the supply chain disruption portion is on decline.

mr merlin

EOG Master
Quite a few tech companies did Ok yesterday, leading one to think the supply chain disruption portion is on decline.
Cook of Apple said the factories are reopening, but not at capacity, apparently workers cant get there or are refusing to show up. And they're a huge important co with power and leverage, tens of thousands of smaller chinese co's are up shit creek.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
I disagree, walmart provides what people want for less, they have never been the enemy, they forced no one through the doors. Amazon is the enemy throwing people out of work.
Trust me, Walmart started it. I’ve dealt with Walmart in a wholesale level.

mr merlin

EOG Master
Trust me, Walmart started it. I’ve dealt with Walmart in a wholesale level.
I know, I'm not in love with them, but it's not personal, it's business.

Walmart came into rural america and put a few hardware stores and grocery stores out of business in each town(the weak ones). Amazon is putting all kinds of stores out of business all over america, a far greater effect.

mr merlin

EOG Master
I knew a woman that worked for target, she said everyone runs down walmart, and maybe target is better, but they paid her the same as the walmart down the street paid. So is Target really "better"?

MrTop

EOG Master
big press day: all under control. The economy going strong and adjusting. The VP doing a fine job with virus.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
I know, I'm not in love with them, but it's not personal, it's business.

Walmart came into rural america and put a few hardware stores and grocery stores out of business in each town(the weak ones). Amazon is putting all kinds of stores out of business all over america, a far greater effect.
Wall mart demanded manufacturers to lower their prices by 20-30% or lose the account. This they had to go to China for cheap labor instead of their Buy American slogan. Since WalMart and Meijer basically put everyone out here, I’ll buy from amazon.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
No cases in Florida that I'm aware of, still leary of going to the gym.

I noticed on Friday a couple douche bags worked out with masks on but it got me thinking, LOL.