We need a travel ban from China

MrTop

EOG Master
I disagree, walmart provides what people want for less, they have never been the enemy, they forced no one through the doors. Amazon is the enemy throwing people out of work.

amazon the 4th? biggest employer in the USA mickey d's could be 3 ... Walmart #2 .... pentagon #1

Ray Luca

EOG Master
No cases in Florida that I'm aware of, still leary of going to the gym.

I noticed on Friday a couple douche bags worked out with masks on but it got me thinking, LOL.

GovRonDeSantis has issued a public health emergency in the state of Florida. There are 2 ‘presumptive positive’ coronavirus cases in the Tampa Bay Area. Our labs just received positive tests. There is a case in Sarasota and another in Hillsborough County 10NewsWTSP

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
GovRonDeSantis has issued a public health emergency in the state of Florida. There are 2 ‘presumptive positive’ coronavirus cases in the Tampa Bay Area. Our labs just received positive tests. There is a case in Sarasota and another in Hillsborough County 10NewsWTSP

Damn, thanks Ray. It might be time I get better informed.......I don't pay much attention to this sort of stuff usually.

If someone in the gym is infected wouldn't that substantially raise and/or at the very least expose me to this virus?

If someone in the work place is infected? Someone at the game? Someone in the restaurant? Someone in the movie theater?

I'm a home body anyway but my lady friend keeps me on the move more than I prefer, maybe I got an excuse to stay home again.

howid

EOG Dedicated

TobyTyler

EOG Dedicated
Damn, thanks Ray. It might be time I get better informed.......I don't pay much attention to this sort of stuff usually.

If someone in the gym is infected wouldn't that substantially raise and/or at the very least expose me to this virus?

If someone in the work place is infected? Someone at the game? Someone in the restaurant? Someone in the movie theater?

I'm a home body anyway but my lady friend keeps me on the move more than I prefer, maybe I got an excuse to stay home again.
Just wash your hands more and stay out of the rub and tug joints

Markets are so bizarre right now. Deaths are starting to come in the US, our neighbors have confirmed cases along with over half the world now. Yet the market rips up because they think it will force the Fed to lower rates. Which makes about zero sense because yes the Fed has to lower rates, but that has zero impact on why the economy is certain to slow. The Fed will have to lower rates just because of simple laws of supply and demand, if the Fed's offering 1.5-1.75% on short term paper and the markets are pricing in 10-year US treasuries at 1% that's an imbalance that just has to be corrected. The world's funds are going to show up in US banks and flood the banks with capital they can't use because fearful businesses don't borrow money no matter how cheap it is.

Not that the market ever thinks too rationally, but last week and this week have just been a crazy frenzy of dumb reactions.

Another thing that the overhyping media just doesn't want to highlight, that as has been said by experts for quite some time now is that the deaths are almost always older people. Here is the rundown of the cases in WA, where the US deaths have occurred:

These are the new cases, according to the department:
  • A male in his 50s, hospitalized at Highline Hospital. No known exposures.
  • A male in his 70s, a resident of LifeCare, hospitalized at EvergreenHealth in Kirkland. The man had underlying health conditions, and died 3/1/20
  • A female in her 70s, a resident of LifeCare, hospitalized at EvergreenHealth in Kirkland. The woman had underlying health conditions, and died 3/1/20
  • A female in her 80s, a resident of LifeCare, was hospitalized at EvergreenHealth
  • In addition, a woman in her 80s, who was already reported as in critical condition at Evergreen, has died. She died on 3/1/2
10 other cases, already reported earlier by Public Health, include:
  • A female in her 80s, hospitalized at EvergreenHealth in Kirkland. This person has now died, and is reported as such above.
  • A female in her 90s, hospitalized at EvergreenHealth in Kirkland. The woman has underlying health conditions, and is in critical condition
  • A male in his 70s, hospitalized at EvergreenHealth in Kirkland. The man has underlying health conditions, and is in critical condition
  • A male in his 70s was hospitalized at EvergreenHealth. He had underlying health conditions and died on 2/29/20.
  • A man in his 60s, hospitalized at Valley Medical Center in Renton.
  • A man in 60s, hospitalized at Virginia Mason Medical Center.
  • A woman in her 50s, who had traveled to South Korea; recovering at home
  • A woman in her 70s, who was a resident of LifeCare in Kirkland, hospitalized at EvergreenHealth
  • A woman in her 40s, employed by LifeCare, who is hospitalized at Overlake Medical Center
  • A man in his 50s, who was hospitalized and died at EvergreenHealth
So one man in his 50s is the only concerning incident and who knows if he had other risks. Otherwise its people in their 70s and 80s, even 90s, who are getting the worst of it. Telling that story though won't keep people on the edge of their seat thinking they need to go batshit over this. People over 65 are largely the ones who die from the flu every year, this is doing the same thing. For all we can tell, younger people who are healthy could be the ones who have no symptoms or so minor a condition that its not even getting reported. From all these cases, it seems hard to believe these exposures didn't also get to younger people too.

Valuist

EOG Master
Finally a deadcat bounce in the market. The Dow up something like 1800 from Friday intraday low. But lots of gaps to be revisited and filled in there. Any rally should be sold.

the virus does not match up well vs. trump. Looks like 4 more folks.

trump -200

We are like 80% likely to be in recession by September now Mr. Top. Your indicator about people voting based on economy seems to indicate a loser here.

MrTop

EOG Master
We are like 80% likely to be in recession by September now Mr. Top. Your indicator about people voting based on economy seems to indicate a loser here.

a big trend. For the last 100 years when the economy is doing well the prez gets in. If the economy doing bad no bet or bet against trump

MrTop

EOG Master
in washington, the lines out of costco are real long buying supplies. Get your toilet paper & hand towels canned food.

dogball

EOG Master
This is off track but in fairness to Railfraud the topic and subject matter were spot on. Thread closed.
Someone make a new one where sensible discussion can unfold

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
This is off track but in fairness to Railfraud the topic and subject matter were spot on. Thread closed.
Someone make a new one where sensible discussion can unfold
I couldn’t imagine traveling overseas for business or taking a cruise right now.

Ray Luca

EOG Master
Iranian emergency room doctor in Gilan dies of coronavirus. MP says strain of coronavirus in Gilan is different than the one in China, casualties are younger.