Broncos waive Joe Flacco

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Are you talking about Flacco? There is no way he should be allowed in Akron, let alone Canton. A good 4 game run does not make one worthy.

100% agree. Flaccid would be in the "Hall of So-so"

He is done. He was actually DONE last year. He was actually DONE in 2018

As for Stidham there is a 0% chance the Pats start the season with him. I have some Dalton +500 to be Game 1 starter and I like my chances

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
Winston, Dalton, and now Flacco available on the NFL starting QB market. Should be interesting as we approach draft day.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Winston, Dalton, and now Flacco available on the NFL starting QB market. Should be interesting as we approach draft day.

Flaccid is DONE! If he signs with anyone it will be as a backup at Min Wage. With all going on in the World I think he is DONE! He will not be hurting for money.

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
Flaccid is DONE! If he signs with anyone it will be as a backup at Min Wage. With all going on in the World I think he is DONE! He will not be hurting for money.
I disagree. I think there still might be a couple of NFL teams out there that could use his services as a starter for another year or two. Not sure if Locke is ready, and Denver's play calling under center has been subpar for several years now.

Elway sucks as gm. hasnt signed a decent qb since Tebow and that wasnt his idea

Lol, yeah Manning was a total piece of shit. Since he didn't pray to Rail's bullshit deity every 5 seconds he's nothing.

I can't believe anyone would want Flacco. Go ask Madame Tussaud to make you a 6'6 wax statue of a guy that kind of looks like a football player to put under center and you'd only lose about 10% on accuracy and win just as many games. And bonus, you'd get as much emotion out of it as Flacco.

Bucky

EOG Dedicated
He had a winning football player in Tebow and did not figure out how to use him long term. All he had to do was platoon Tebow with another QB that could run like the current crop. But, he is hung up on the only way to win is the prototype drop back passer.

He would have got rid of Mahoney, Jackson, et.al.

Bucky

EOG Dedicated
He had a winning football player in Tebow and did not figure out how to use him long term. All he had to do was platoon Tebow with another QB that could run like the current crop. But, he is hung up on the only way to win is the prototype drop back passer.

Hey, meant to say Mahomes and spell check must not know that spelling

kane

EOG master

Tebow wasn't good enough to be a starting QB, in hindsight the best way to have used him would have been the way Payton uses Taysom Hill, but Tebow didn't have a good enohg or accurate enough arm to be a starter

So signing Manning was a failure? The record setting offense, the two trips to the Super Bowl and the title, all the publicity the team got when Manning was in Denver was all a bad thing?
Tebow was shipped out right away and had plenty of opportunities to find this magical coach who could figure out what to do with him.

Bucky

EOG Dedicated
Oh, I agree with both comments but, I guess Tebow might have bee his own worst enemy if he thought he was a starting QB. I think he would have been worth gold as a part time player but apparently, he did not want to do that.

Instead of shipping hm out I would have tried to save him. But, that is the qb position - all or nothing with one guy.

Neveragain

EOG Dedicated
Flacco (Ravens), Jay Cutler (Bears), and Brock Osweiler (Texans) were 3 of the worst QB contract signings of all time.

All the worst deals were either more recent or before the rookie salary cap. This might have been among the worst ever, up there with Jamarcus

CINCINNATI — Akili Smith agreed to a seven-year contract with the Cincinnati Bengals on Monday, ending an impasse that caused him to miss most of training camp and two exhibition games.
Smith, chosen third overall behind quarterbacks Tim Couch and Donovan McNabb, was the last unsigned member of the celebrated quarterback class of ’99.
The seven-year deal includes a $10.8 million signing bonus and will pay Smith as much as $56 million if he reaches various performance goals along the way.
The deal contains one voidable year, meaning it will automatically shorten to six years if he’s in for 35 percent of the plays in his first year or 45 percent any following year.