Your Level of Concern About the Coronavirus......on a scale of 1-10

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
It was 100 years ago, and has nothing to do with what Trump is doing, by him and the right calling it the Chinese virus it stigmatizes Chinese Americans who have to now be afraid of alt right scumbags and Trumptards. How would you feel if you were an Asian American and someone spit on you walking down the street?
I would call it the Wuhan Virus because it is factually correct and not racist. The people that take it out on the Chinese here are scum.

blueline

EOG Master
I read it was a slush fund for trump and his GOP pals...go figure

the gop plan

Given the Fed’s support, there is no excuse for the corporate bailout legislation that Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) are pursuing. It offers too little help to the people who need it most, and outrageous gifts to monopolists, billionaires and corporate deadbeats. Republican leaders are demanding $500 billion to distribute as Mnuchin sees fit, with no disclosure for six months, no curbs on executive compensation, no limits on shareholder giveaways, no requirements to retain workers, and no meaningful oversight mechanisms. The public would receive no share in the upside to its investment. If companies on public support go bust, we eat the losses. If they prosper, we don’t even get an interest payment.

It’s ridiculous. The terms McConnell and Mnuchin want are substantially worse than those included in the infamous 2008 bank bailout bill. The last go-round, we at least got to know where the money went. The GOP wants a blank check, to be kept secret for six months.

SlipperyPete

EOG Dedicated
After a few weeks of this. Trump still 0 plan in place.

How about you lead the way, pal!!!

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

·
Mar 22

@JBPritzker
, Governor of Illinois, and a very small group of certain other Governors, together with Fake News
@CNN
& Concast (MSDNC), shouldn’t be blaming the Federal Government for their own shortcomings. We are there to back you up should you fail, and always will be!

Valuist

EOG Master
It was 100 years ago, and has nothing to do with what Trump is doing, by him and the right calling it the Chinese virus it stigmatizes Chinese Americans who have to now be afraid of alt right scumbags and Trumptards. How would you feel if you were an Asian American and someone spit on you walking down the street?

What about the Asian flu and the Hong Kong flu strains?

SlipperyPete

EOG Dedicated
He is afraid of doing anything, yet if the States solve the problem, he would be glad to take credit.

If the States mess up, he will say "hey it wasnt me"

That is no way to lead a country in a time of crisis.

TheGuesser

EOG Dedicated
It's called the Coronavirus, or Covid-19. Stupidly adding an ethnicity to it needlessly hurts people and hurts businesses. An actual leader would understand this. A sick narcissistic traitor, who needs to shift blame anywhere and everywhere away from his pathetic early responses doesn't.

SlipperyPete

EOG Dedicated
It clear why he is doing it.

'dont blame me, I was doing a great job before this'

Hey doofus... this is why we have Presidents.

To lead during a crisis. Not when times are good

Anyone can be a Prez when times are easy

SlipperyPete

EOG Dedicated
Those on the left are going to criticize whatever the President does. 20/20 vision is perfect. What should the President do right now?

How about doing something... not just let the states handle it on their own.

Nothing is getting done. No ventillators being produced, not even masks.

He might as well go golfing, he is useless

TheGuesser

EOG Dedicated
Finally, the Idiot may be getting it. This is a good start. Hardly undos the damage he has caused, but if he puts out THIS message often enough, maybe the sick cultists will get it: He should get on TV and say he regrets calling it any kind of ethnic virus. But that would entail the Idiot admitting his mistake, and so far, he's been incapable of that.

Trump says U.S. must "totally protect" Asian Americans from coronavirus blame

Ursula Perano

Photo: Tasos Katopodis/Getty Images.
President Trump wrote in a tweet Monday that the U.S. must "totally protect" Asian Americans from being blamed for the coronavirus outbreak amid allegations that his use of the term "Chinese virus" has led to discrimination.
"It is very important that we totally protect our Asian American community in the United States, and all around the world. They are amazing people, and the spreading of the Virus is NOT their fault in any way, shape, or form. They are working closely with us to get rid of it. WE WILL PREVAIL TOGETHER!"​
Why it matters: The New York Times on Monday interviewed nearly two dozen Asian Americans who said that they were afraid to leave their homes and have been yelled at or spit on in public during the coronavirus pandemic.
  • The Times called it a "sudden spasm of hate that is reminiscent of the kind faced by American Muslims and other Arabs and South Asians after the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001."
  • World Health Organization guidelines advise against the use of "Chinese" or "Wuhan" virus to describe COVID-19, but that hasn't stopped Trump or many of his Republican allies from using the term in an effort to assign blame to the Chinese government.

How about doing something... not just let the states handle it on their own.

Nothing is getting done. No ventillators being produced, not even masks.

He might as well go golfing, he is useless
Millions of masks are being produced. Ventilators are being produced. Trump inherited a broken system. No one saw this coming.

Pete - you are posting fake news and misleading statements. Trump doesn't have a crystal ball. His opinion will change based on new data. Stop complaining and tell us what should be done.

SlipperyPete

EOG Dedicated
what I would do?

I would reopen once I know I can treat the treatable cases.

That means plenty of ventillators and available beds

I agree that we cant be under a lockdown for ever.

Corona virus is here to stay, we may have to accept some deaths

what I would do?

I would reopen once I know I can treat the treatable cases.

That means plenty of ventillators and available beds

I agree that we cant be under a lockdown for ever.

Corona virus is here to stay, we may have to accept some deaths
I agree with you that we should open after the 15 day period. No one knows when we can treat all since we don't know how many will be sick.

SlipperyPete

EOG Dedicated
I agree with you that we should open after the 15 day period. No one knows when we can treat all since we don't know how many will be sick.

I wouldnt open before I was very certain I could treat the treatable ones.

You cant take a chance on overflowing hospitals ----if it can be avoided

SlipperyPete

EOG Dedicated
I would reopen after the 15 day period. After that, leave it up to the governors and give them whatever they ask for. The President's job is now to figure out how to pay those that lost money.

Not quite.

This shit will spread all over the country, they will need one person in charge, not 50