Malaria Drug Chloroquine No Better Than Regular Coronavirus Care, Study Finds

SlipperyPete

EOG Dedicated
If its working so good, how come the numbers are going up at the same projected rate as before?

What numbers, who's projections & working where? NYC just ordered in thousands of doses, so you might want to give them a bit of time
to administer them to patients, wait for them to recover & then collect the data. That might take a while.

mr merlin

EOG Master
That statement is a free roll, not a prediction.

If it doesnt work, he will just say, I didnt say it was gonna work.

But it does work he will be flapping his gums at all his rallies, how awesome he is... a veritable Nostradumbass of sorts
As the chosen messenger of God, perhaps he already knows it will work?

ComptrBob

EOG Master
If its working so good, how come the numbers are going up at the same projected rate as before?

The pertinent "numbers" are the recovery time/rate of treated patients vs non-treated patients from similar populations (presumably symptomatic but not on their death bed).

AFAIK these numbers aren't available for even a medium sized sample, but go ahead and post them if you have them.

railbird

EOG Master
The pertinent "numbers" are the recovery time/rate of treated patients vs non-treated patients from similar populations (presumably symptomatic but not on their death bed).

AFAIK these numbers aren't available for even a medium sized sample, but go ahead and post them if you have them.
when on death bed is when you gamble, regardless of side effects. The playbook seems small, so the chloroquine malaria cocktail is a good choice, no drugs are side effect proof.

ComptrBob

EOG Master
when on death bed is when you gamble, regardless of side effects. The playbook seems small, so the chloroquine malaria cocktail is a good choice, no drugs are side effect proof.
I would say they would have to do it before that. The death bed stage seems too late, no?

I've read some literature that chloroquine (plus antibiotic) isn't very effective in late stages partially because it needs to be used in dangerously high doses with bad side effects. Better to be used in moderate doses in early stages to help recovery and prevent severe symptoms.

railbird

EOG Master

JG

@joeygilbertinc

Replying to
@RyanAFournier
A NY Doctor shared his Hydroxy Chloroquine/Azithromycin results. 200mg 2x daily Hydroxy Chloroquine 500mg 1x daily Azithromycin 220mg 1x daily Zinc sulfate 350 patients • Breathing restored 3-4 hours • 0 deaths • 0 hospitalizations • 0 intubations

mr merlin

EOG Master
The whole idea of the drugs is to keep people out of the hospital and ICU.

IF they are effective presumable they would be standard treatment for people early on in their disease progression. Keep in mind most infected people still dont get tested and only the ones with more severe symptoms would likely go to their dr.

kane

EOG master
he must hate italy spain, france and even belgium too. Fucking god.

What state has it the worst? What state is Trump from? Connect the dots Merlin. God is raining down on us this terrible virus, he's coming at us with vengeance and furious anger. We have one last chance to set things right in November, one last chance to save humanity, either we do the right thing at the polls, or we all pay the consequnces

mr merlin

EOG Master
What state has it the worst? What state is Trump from? Connect the dots Merlin. God is raining down on us this terrible virus, he's coming at us with vengeance and furious anger. We have one last chance to set things right in November, one last chance to save humanity, either we do the right thing at the polls, or we all pay the consequnces
Trump moved to florida officially last year, obviously God is sending damnation onto that cursed city as punishment for failing to honor Gods chosen emissary.

ejd_5277

EOG Dedicated
What state has it the worst? What state is Trump from? Connect the dots Merlin. God is raining down on us this terrible virus. "And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers, and you will know my name is the LORD, when I lay my vengeance upon you.

-Jules Winfield

Fixed it for you, Kane. :)

Greatest movie of all time IMO.

"New York is moving at unprecedented speed and scale in a human experiment to distribute tens of thousands of doses of anti-malarial drugs to seriously ill patients...

With no proven treatment for the coronavirus, and infections in New York topping 30,000, health experts say the Food and Drug Administration has moved with uncommon speed to authorize New York’s sweeping plan to distribute the drugs through hospital networks.

Planning for such a complex initiative would ordinarily take up to nine months, those experts say. In New York, the U.S. epicenter of the covid-19 pandemic, that timeline has been compressed into three days."

Continued at length (very long) at:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busi...ment-its-now-being-tested-thousands-new-york/