Your Level of Concern About the Coronavirus......on a scale of 1-10

kane

EOG master
Trump was warned in January by his own health secretary during an intelligence briefing to take the virus seriously, Trump ignored that advice and didn't take it serious until March

blueline

EOG Master
I agree that China lied and held back information, and when this is all said and done there needs to be an investigation and hearings on how China fucked up. But that still doesn't excuse the president for not taking the virus as serious as he should have. By the time he got serious about it, we were behind the 8 ball

heres a crazy idea listen to the US intel

U.S. intelligence agencies were issuing ominous, classified warnings in January and February about the global danger posed by the coronavirus while President Trump and lawmakers played down the threat and failed to take action that might have slowed the spread of the pathogen, according to U.S. officials familiar with spy agency reporting.
The intelligence reports didn’t predict when the virus might land on U.S. shores or recommend particular steps that public health officials should take, issues outside the purview of the intelligence agencies. But they did track the spread of the virus in China, and later in other countries, and warned that Chinese officials appeared to be minimizing the severity of the outbreak.

The intelligence reports didn’t predict when the virus might land on U.S. shores or recommend particular steps that public health officials should take, issues outside the purview of the intelligence agencies. But they did track the spread of the virus in China, and later in other countries, and warned that Chinese officials appeared to be minimizing the severity of the outbreak.

Please explain what's wrong with having beaches open? People can easily stay a long way apart, a beach is no different than walking in a park. The true issue is one of control, how dare you want to have fun during a pandemic. There is no logic to keeping beaches closed, anymore than there is to keep golf courses closed, etc.

During spring break college students come from different parts of the country to go to a concentrated beach area full of people who are all getting drunk and after a week they disperse back to the different parts of the country where they came from.

What could possibly go wrong?

kane

EOG master
Illinois governor JB Pritzker-- "If they had started in February building ventilators, getting ready for this pandemic, we would not have the problems we have today, and frankly, very many fewer people would die."

kane

EOG master
During spring break college students come from different parts of the country to go to a concentrated beach area full of people who are all getting drunk and after a week they disperse back to the different parts of the country where they came from.

The idiotic governor of my state left the beaches open way too long, and didn't shut down spring break, I would trade him for a guy like Newsome any day. Look at how few cases a giant state like California has, and they can thank their governor for taking quick and decisive action, something the president failed to do

SlipperyPete

EOG Dedicated
Yes that is all we can ask for in a leader.

We need someone who is not necessarily ahead of the curve but close to the beginning of it

And certainly not way behind

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
Governor Cuomo certainly did his best to look and sound like a hero this morning.

"It's too early to tell, but we may be hitting the apex. NY saw it's first drop in the number of deaths in a 24 hour period. 630 Friday down to 594 yesterday,"

SERIOUSLY?? 5.7%??? IT'S THE SECOND WORST DEADLIEST DAY

And then when asked a definitive time period that should be allowed, he couldn't even give an estimate over a couple of days? He had the nerve to throw it back in the reporter's face and responded to ask a statistician.

mr merlin

EOG Master

That's different, isn't it? it's like comparing a sit down steak house to a pulsating nightclub with people elbow to elbow.

mr merlin

EOG Master
Governor Cuomo certainly did his best to look and sound like a hero this morning.

"It's too early to tell, but we may be hitting the apex. NY saw it's first drop in the number of deaths in a 24 hour period. 630 Friday down to 594 yesterday,"

And then when asked a definitive time period that should be allowed, he couldn't even give an estimate over a couple of days? He had the nerve to throw it back in the reporter's face and responded to ask a statistician.
He might be right, I hope so, deaths are not the key, it's hospital admissions, ICU admissions, etc, that's what we need to look at. If they start a steady slide, deaths will follow with perhaps a 1 week lag.

SlipperyPete

EOG Dedicated

Doubt it. Cause the number of cases are still increasing. So it could just be variance.

Btw I am starting to wonder about the effectiveness of social distancing.

NYC has been at it for over two weeks now. The number of new cases should be dropping, yet they are increasing.

HHHMMM.....

mr merlin

EOG Master
The idiotic governor of my state left the beaches open way too long, and didn't shut down spring break, I would trade him for a guy like Newsome any day. Look at how few cases a giant state like California has, and they can thank their governor for taking quick and decisive action, something the president failed to do
Nonsense, CA is simply different, mass transit and housing patterns are the key indicator. Single family housing with automoblile as the only means of transit means no massive outbreak.High risies, apartment living, mass transit means big trouble.

Valuist

EOG Master
Nonsense, CA is simply different, mass transit and housing patterns are the key indicator. Single family housing with automoblile as the only means of transit means no massive outbreak.High risies, apartment living, mass transit means big trouble.

Have you ever been on BART? Go on a weekday. It will be the biggest swarms of humanity you can imagine.

jimmythegreek

Besides New York is already at 594 for the day.

They will do another update later tonight

With more people being tested, it might be a slight sign. However, I would look to see a similar pattern over the next few days to a week at the very least.

I think the 594 was updated and included after the midnight run. Other states in earlier time zones will probably be updated as well. I last saw almost 9,100 casualties so far nationwide.

Valuist

EOG Master
What I'm wondering is, how much time will people be willing to be locked down? There likely is a specific answer. And if we get beyond it, look for complete societal collapse. Widespread crime, looting and suicide. Virginia and Maryland are locking down until June 10 or 12. Good luck with that. Don't say you weren't warned.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
What I'm wondering is, how much time will people be willing to be locked down? There likely is a specific answer. And if we get beyond it, look for complete societal collapse. Widespread crime, looting and suicide. Virginia and Maryland are locking down until June 10 or 12. Good luck with that. Don't say you weren't warned.
landlords are offering free rent for april and some may.

this doesn't continue into june though.

landlords are not that liquid.

unless mortgage companies and banks suspend payments when june hits this is going to be worse than 2008.

$1200 checks are NOT going to be used for rent. people will use this for food only.

SlipperyPete

EOG Dedicated
Is it?

I hear hospital visits are down, cause a lot of work related accidents are down.

Plus who wants to go near a hospital, nowadays? LOL

jimmythegreek

unless mortgage companies and banks suspend payments when june hits this is going to be worse than 2008.

$1200 checks are NOT going to be used for rent. people will use this for food only.

Applies to small businesses and households for at least 2 months.

The catch? You have to let them know what's going on. They'll take partial payments as the grace period progresses, but going forward you have to ketchup.

Valuist

EOG Master

Much worse than 2008. We likely are already in a Depression right now. And to be honest, nothing from 2008 was actually fixed. The Fed just printed several trillions and kicked the can down the road. Now we are tripping over the can. Bubbles eventually burst and we had a bubble economy. It just took a pandemic to prick the bubble.

ComptrBob

EOG Master
Have you ever been on BART? Go on a weekday. It will be the biggest swarms of humanity you can imagine.

BART is SF/Alameda/San Mateo/Contra Costa area only. Only 528 cases and 8 deaths in SF, similar in other counties, 537/12, 538/13, and 353/5. OTOH, 1148 cases and 39 deaths in Santa Clara county which isn't served by BART. Obviously some spill over from people who drive to a BART station (typically I drove from Marin to the Richmond station for A's games).

Contrast with LA 5,304 cases and 119 deaths.

Valuist

EOG Master
Is it?

I hear hospital visits are down, cause a lot of work related accidents are down.

Plus who wants to go near a hospital, nowadays? LOL
BART is SF/Alameda/San Mateo/Contra Costa area only. Only 528 cases and 8 deaths in SF, similar in other counties, 537/12, 538/13, and 353/5. OTOH, 1148 cases and 39 deaths in Santa Clara county which isn't served by BART. Obviously some spill over from people who drive to a BART station (typically I drove from Marin to the Richmond station for A's games).

Contrast with LA 5,304 cases and 119 deaths.

His original post was about CA doing well because they don't rely on mass transit. My point was while its true re: LA, the Bay area relies heavily on BART and Caltran. And the Bay area has done very well in this virus. There's other factors going on in NYC.

kane

EOG master

And Newsome getting out ahead of the virus by issuing social distancing and a state wide lockdown had nothing to do with it? California was one of the first states to do those things, can't be a coincidence

ComptrBob

EOG Master
His original post was about CA doing well because they don't rely on mass transit. My point was while its true re: LA, the Bay area relies heavily on BART and Caltran. And the Bay area has done very well in this virus. There's other factors going on in NYC.

The vast majority of CA people do not rely on mass transit. Even in the Bay Area, there are 20-30 minute waits on the Bay Bridge (or used to be, I haven't checked for years). IMO, mass transit in NYC/environs was a major factor.

SlipperyPete

EOG Dedicated
its baffling me how cases are still increasing in NYC .

We have been shutdown for over 2 weeks now.

It would need to have come down by now, unless the virus "lays low" for longer than they say

That's different, isn't it? it's like comparing a sit down steak house to a pulsating nightclub with people elbow to elbow.

It’s not different at all. I responded to you defending having beaches open. Were there not thousands of spring breakers on FLA beaches a couple of weeks ago?

boston massacre

EOG Master
no need for a pandemic unit when you know as much or more than the doctors :

Trump says doctors keep asking how he knows so much about the coronavirus

Trump said doctors he's come across as the administration tries to get a handle on the outbreak have been surprised about how much he knows about COVID-19. "Maybe I have a natural ability," he said. "Maybe I should have done that instead of running for president."

Trump doesn't have any Doctors speak during his Press Briefings.

More.

FAKE NEWS.

Generic statement? It's straight from the Lupus Foundation. If you have Lupus you're at higher risk of getting the virus, and if you do get it, you're at higher risk from serious complications. C'mon man, click on the link, it's a quote from their website, don't act like Raiders, where's rational thinking Merlin?
81D7ADAF-AD75-42AA-A09C-0FFF8AAB67CE.png

boston massacre

EOG Master
That's a generic statement that they say about all chronic diseases that involve the immune system or weaken the heart/lungs. Surely you're smart enough to realize that?

What are you doing complimenting this Guy ?

Smart Enough to Realize ?

He Posts FAKE NEWS all Day.

You're trying to reason with LIBERAL QUACKS, who follow FAKE NEWS all Day.

blueline

EOG Master
interesting note about this thread...not many people are reading it.....dont know how page views are tallied but the count is low

boston massacre

EOG Master

Is that You ?
Here's one thing the Idiot certainly shouldn't have done:

Trump disbanded NSC pandemic unit that experts had praised
By DEB RIECHMANNMarch 14, 2020

1 of 2
President Donald Trump takes questions during a news conference about the coronavirus in the Rose Garden of the White House, Friday, March 13, 2020, in Washington. Vice President Mike Pence, left, and Department of Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar, right listen. (AP Photo/Evan Vucci)

WASHINGTON (AP) — Public health and national security experts shake their heads when President Donald Trump says the coronavirus “came out of nowhere” and “blindsided the world.”
They’ve been warning about the next pandemic for years and criticized the Trump administration’s decision in 2018 to dismantle a National Security Council directorate at the White House charged with preparing for when, not if, another pandemic would hit the nation.
“It would be nice if the office was still there,” Dr. Anthony Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases at the National Institute of Health, told Congress this week. “I wouldn’t necessarily characterize it as a mistake (to eliminate the unit). I would say we worked very well with that office.”

The NSC directorate for global health and security and bio-defense survived the transition from President Barack Obama to Trump in 2017.
Trump’s elimination of the office suggested, along with his proposed budget cuts for the CDC, that he did not see the threat of pandemics in the same way that many experts in the field did.
“One year later I was mystified when the White House dissolved the office, leaving the country less prepared for pandemics like COVID-19,” Beth Cameron, the first director of the unit, wrote in an op-ed Friday in The Washington Post.
She said the directorate was set up to be the “smoke alarm” and get ahead of emergencies and sound a warning at the earliest sign of fire — “all with the goal of avoiding a six-alarm fire.”
It’s impossible to assess the impact of the 2018 decision to disband the unit, she said. Cameron noted that biological experts remain at the White House, but she says it’s clear that eliminating the office contributed to what she called a “sluggish domestic response.” She said that shortly before Trump took office, the unit was watching a rising number of cases in China of a deadly strain of the flu and a yellow fever outbreak in Angola.
“It’s unclear whether the decision to disband the directorate, which was made in May 2018, after John Bolton became national security adviser, was a tactical move to downgrade the issue or whether it was part of the White House’s interest in simplifying and shrinking the National Security Council staff,” Cameron says.
The NSC during the Obama administration grew to about 250 professionals, according to Trump’s current national security adviser, Robert O’Brien. The staff has been cut to about 110 or 115 staffers, he said.

When Trump was asked on Friday whether closing the NSC global health unit slowed the U.S. response, the president called it a “nasty” question because his administration had acted quickly and saved lives.
“I don’t know anything about it,” Trump said.
Earlier, when asked about it, he said: “This is something that you can never really think is going to happen.”
On Saturday, John Bolton, a former Trump national security adviser, dismissed claims that “streamlining NSC structures impaired our nation’s bio defense are false.″ In a tweet, he said global health “remained a top NSC priority, and its expert team was critical to effectively handling the 2018-19 Africa Ebola crisis. The angry Left just can’t stop attacking, even in a crisis.″
For many years, the national intelligence director’s worldwide threat assessment has warned that a flu pandemic or other large-scale outbreak of a contagious disease could lead to massive rates of death and disability that would severely affect the world economy. Public health experts have been blowing whistles too.
Back in mid-2018, Fauci told Congress: “When you have a respiratory virus that can be spread by droplets and aerosol and ... there’s a degree of morbidity associated with that, you can have a catastrophe. ... The one that we always talk about is the 1918 pandemic, which killed between 50 and 100 million people. ... Influenza first, or something like influenza, is the one that keeps me up at night.”
The White House says the NSC remains involved in responding to the coronavirus pandemic.
A senior administration official said Friday that the NSC’s global health security directorate was absorbed into another division where similar responsibilities still exist, but under different titles. The work of coordinating policy and making sure that decisions made by Trump’s coronavirus task force are implemented is still the job of the NSC.
Some lawmakers aren’t convinced.
Rep. Gerald Connolly, D-Va., and Rep. Steve Chabot, R-Ohio, have introduced a bill that would require future administrations to have experts always in place to prepare for new pandemics.
“Two years ago, the administration dismantled the apparatus that had been put in place five years before in the face of the Ebola crisis,” Connolly said. “I think, in retrospect, that was an unwise move. This bill would restore that and institutionalize it.”
Connolly said the bill is not meant to be critical of the Trump administration. He said it’s a recognition that Trump had to name a coronavirus responder just like Obama had to name one for Ebola in 2014. “We can’t go from pandemic to pandemic,” Connolly said.
The House Foreign Affairs Committee on March 4 passed the measure, which is co-sponsored by 37 Democrats and five Republicans. The full House has not yet voted on the bill.
Chabot said one of the bill’s main goals is to would require personnel to be permanently in place preparing for pandemics.
“Specifically, we need someone, preferable at the NSC, to quarterback the U.S. government’s response since that response inevitably involves several agencies across the government,” Chabot said. “Our bill would make this position permanent.”
Former Obama administration officials insist that the Trump White House would have been able to act more quickly had the office still been intact.
“I think if we’d had a unit and dedicated professionals looking at this issue, gaming out scenarios well before ... we might have identified some of these testing issues,” says Lisa Monaco, President Obama’s homeland security adviser, said at a recent forum on coronavirus. “There would have been folks sounding the alarm in December when we saw this coming out of China, saying ’Hey, what do we need to be doing here in this country to address it?”
Ron Klain, who managed the government response to contain and mitigate the spread of Ebola in 2014, agreed.
“If I were back in my old job at the White House ... I’d be pushing to have us do 30 million tests — to test people in nursing homes, to test people with unexplained respiratory ailments, to test the people who regularly visit nursing homes, to test healthcare workers,” Klain said recently at the event hosted by the Center for American Progress in Washington.

First Line.

WASHINGTON (AP) — Public health and national security experts shake their heads when President Donald Trump says the coronavirus “came out of nowhere” and “blindsided the world.”

"came out of nowhere". " blindsided the world " cause experts to Shake their heads.

So, it didn't come out of nowhere, and blindside the world.

THEN WHY THE FUCK HAVEN'T THE EXPERTS FOUND A CURE AND A VACCINE AFTER ALL THESE YEARS, IF WE WERE NOT BLINSIDED ?

The FAKE NEWS' BRAINS ARE SO FUCKIN SCRAMBLED, THEY ARE CONFUSED ON FACTS AND LIES.

Their OBJECTIVE IS TO WRITE FAKE NEWS, and it turns out to be Facts.

Sometimes, a mix of Both.

FAKE NEWS IS ALSO A VIRUS !!!!!!!!!!!!