Your Level of Concern About the Coronavirus......on a scale of 1-10

blueline

EOG Master
Boris Johnson has been moved to intensive care after his condition worsened, Downing Street has said.
The prime minister has asked Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab to deputise for him "where necessary".
A Number 10 spokesman said: "Over the course of this afternoon, the condition of the prime minister has worsened and, on the advice of his medical team, he has been moved to the intensive care unit at the hospital.

"The prime minister has asked Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab, who is the First Secretary of State, to deputise for him where necessary.

"The prime minister is receiving excellent care, and thanks all NHS staff for their hard work and dedication."

kane

EOG master
Today is the best news we've had in a month, yet the headlines are all negative. I wonder why they do that?

Why give people a false sense of security? If things are actually getting better and the worst of it is behind us, then let's be happy, but still keep doing what we've been doing. Tell people it's getting better, and they'll ignore the social distancing, they'll ignore taking it seriously. I haven't even turned on my TV yet, so I don't know if what you're saying is right or not, but assuming you're right, we can't start taking this thing lightly, not now, we're still a long ways away from normalcy

mr merlin

EOG Master
Why give people a false sense of security? If things are actually getting better and the worst of it is behind us, then let's be happy, but still keep doing what we've been doing. Tell people it's getting better, and they'll ignore the social distancing, they'll ignore taking it seriously. I haven't even turned on my TV yet, so I don't know if what you're saying is right or not, but assuming you're right, we can't start taking this thing lightly, not now, we're still a long ways away from normalcy
We do have a long way to go, like 6 weeks. Every decision thus far has been made on doom and gloom projections that said the system was getting overwhelmed, now those same projections have been vastly reduced , enormously so. You cant just ignore that, in a couple 3 weeks it will be obvious if the projections are right are not, if they are it's time to stop the madness, get back to work.

MrTop

EOG Master
If its "only" a bad recession, we are ahead of the game. I've heard numerous calls for a Depression.

well i don't know if Jamie dimon is right but one thing for sure he knows what the biggest bank in the USA credit cards situation looks like at this time.

20 states and US territories had 0 or 1 death today.

mr merlin

EOG Master
BRUSSELS - Austria and Denmark on Monday became the first European countries to announce plans to reopen their societies after coronavirus lockdowns, hoping they may have already weathered the worst of the first wave of the pandemic.

Belgium, France, Spain and others are similarly examining how they will loosen some of the restrictions on public life. But European leaders are cautious because some countries that have sought to return to normal, such as Singapore and Japan, have seen waves of new infections.

Both Austria and Denmark plan to lift restrictions in stages. In Austria, small shops are slated to reopen April 13, with larger stores to follow on May 1. Restaurants, hotels and schools may be able to reopen in mid-May - though that decision will be assessed at the end of April. Strict rules about masks, social distancing and the number of people allowed into a store at any one time will remain in place, but public events may resume in July.

In Denmark, the plan is for nursery and primary schools to reopen April 13, while companies will resume business gradually.

Austrian Chancellor Sebastian Kurz credited his country's early response - it imposed a national lockdown on March 16, earlier than some of its neighbors.

"We reacted faster and more restrictively in Austria than in other countries and were therefore able to prevent the worst from happening so far," Kurz said, removing a blue surgical mask to speak at a news conference. "The quick and restrictive reaction now also gives us the opportunity to get out of this crisis faster."

boston massacre

EOG Master
Today is the best news we've had in a month, yet the headlines are all negative. I wonder why they do that?

Another Great Presser by Trump.

Called out some more FAKE NEWS PUNK REPORTERS.

Reporter stated that an Inspector General survey of Hospitals said they were not getting enough Testing. Trump Disputed Survey, stating

we have done more Testing than any country in the world. over 1.8 Million.

Trump wanted the I.G.'s NAME.

Reporter did not have a NAME.

Reporter came back 10 minutes Later with the NAME.

Trump asked who she was appointed by.

Reporter did not know who she was appointed by.

Reporter came back and said She was appointed by the Previous Administration.

THAT'S THE ANSWER I WAS LOOKING FOR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Trump Stated.

Appointed by the HUSSEIN OBAMA ADMINISTRATION.

MORE.

FAKE NEWS TRUMP STATED.

Great Job Trump.

KEEP EXPOSING THESE PHONY LYING MOTHERFUCKING FAKE NEWS REPORTING PUNKS.

mr merlin

EOG Master
It was a terrible briefing, he needs to shut up, he says the same thing everyday, the reporters ask the same question every day. I'm so sick of it, he should take maybe 10 questions and give quick answers instead of bickering with reporters for 5-10 min per question while he blathers on. Sure, I like Trump but his briefings are going downhill fast, other than the good news we may be near a peak, they talked for 2+ hours and gave almost no new info.

boston massacre

EOG Master
It was a terrible briefing, he needs to shut up, he says the same thing everyday, the reporters ask the same question every day. I'm so sick of it, he should take maybe 10 questions and give quick answers instead of bickering with reporters for 5-10 min per question while he blathers on. Sure, I like Trump but his briefings are going downhill fast, other than the good news we may be near a peak, they talked for 2+ hours and gave almost no new info.

He has to make sure that He gets through to these FAKE NEWS REPORTERS.

He wants it DRILLED into their Heads.

He also needs to stay VISIBLE, otherwise FAKE NEWS will REPORT more FAKE NEWS.

LIKE, TRUMP MISSING FOR DAYS WHILE WORLD FIGHTS PANDEMIC.

They'd write LIES Like that without Hesitation.

FAKE NEWS IS ALSO A VIRUS.

Last edited:

Trump isn’t doing anything differently in these pressers than what he’s been doing for four years. He’s up there to feed his ego and to continue to bullshit his way through something he has no grasp of. You’re a smart dude, Merlin I think the reason you’ve been upset about his performances is because the stakes are much higher now and he’s being exposed on a bigger platform.

trump has been making endless false statements about the crisis while making a lot of excuses. Excuses are the last thing this country wants to hear while it’s suffering.

mr merlin

EOG Master
He shouldn't call on the worst ones. instead he calls on one, gets mad and bickers with them, then 20 min later he calls on the guy again. Plus i dont want to hear about the god dam wall, I dont want to hear about how great a telephone call was in the morning, it's awful.

mr merlin

EOG Master
Trump isn’t doing anything differently in these pressers than what he’s been doing for four years. He’s up there to feed his ego and to continue to bullshit his way through something he has no grasp of. You’re a smart dude, Merlin I think the reason you’ve been upset about his performances is because the stakes are much higher now and he’s being exposed on a bigger platform.
I agree, I dont mind his usual bluster and even a little bickering, but i dont want to watch it for an 1 1/2 hours every single day.

mr merlin

EOG Master
Tucker just had some interesting and very good news. He said they had a blood drive in italy, in the hardest hit region. 60 healthy people showed up and 40 of them tested positive, meaning the virus is all over - those people also had no symptoms at all.

That's wonderful, because it means many more people are infected than thought, and the end is that much sooner.

boston massacre

EOG Master

trump has been making endless false statements about the crisis while making a lot of excuses. Excuses are the last thing this country wants to hear while it’s suffering.

A TRUE BIG TIME FAKE NEWS POSTER.

I agree, I dont mind his usual bluster and even a little bickering, but i dont want to watch it for an 1 1/2 hours every single day.

He sees the TV ratings and thinks people are tuning him because they like him. What he doesn’t realize is many are tuning in to watch a big car crash similar to Nascar viewers.

mr merlin

EOG Master
He sees the TV ratings and thinks people are tuning him because they like him. What he doesn’t realize is many are tuning in to watch a big car crash similar to Nascar viewers.
He should talk for 10 min, let the experts talk, then answer questions for 20 min or so, the whole thing should take 45 min tops. people would love that.

Whoson1st

EOG Dedicated
Why do the experts say ' THIS will be the worst week'? I can see maybe if their models predict NY, but as we know there are other states. If possible don't go to the grocery THIS week., but they don't add the words "in the NY area"... I'm hopefull but concerned. Picked up my mail today and even the 2 seniors that I saw in the mail room downstairs had masks on!

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR

Hang in there Kane, tomorrow a new day.