Staff member
The virus makes the timeline.

I first heard Dr. Fauci say it.

Makes sense.

Besides, I love pithy sayings.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
The cure cannot be more damaging than the sickness.

Trump offered this beauty last week though he was less eloquent.

This phrase also makes sense.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
"One day, like a miracle, it will go away on its own"

Kane, am I right to assume the virus would have disappeared more quickly, albeit with far more deaths, had we not practiced social distancing in the United States?

See Italy.

Last edited:

kane

EOG master
Kane, am I right to assume the virus would have disappeared more quickly, albeit with far more deaths, had we not practiced social distancing in the United States?

See Italy.

If not for social distancing, the virus would be here a long time

Last edited by a moderator:

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Behave like you have the virus.

CNN's Sanjay Gupta has relied on this refrain for more than two weeks.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Our weapon is social distancing.

It takes people to move the virus.

If people don't move, the virus doesn't move.

Not sure who offered the above advice.

Simple and effective.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
This virus is very good at what it does...it kills vulnerable people.

---New York Governor Andrew Cuomo

Last edited:

ComptrBob

EOG Master
This virus is very good at what it does...it kills vulnerable people.

---Governor Andrew Cuomo

In the world of 11 to 10, the virus is horrible at what it does, as of today around 82,000 deceased out of 7.8 billion people = 0.0011%. BTW, around 57,000,000 died of all causes in 2015 alone.

Last edited:

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
The poor residents of a nursing home in Kirkland, Washington never had a chance.

The coronavirus claimed the lives of 37 people from a resident population of 120.

That's a hit rate of more than 30%.

Of course, the virus had some help from horrible public health measures at the nursing home.

railbird

EOG Master
In the world of 11 to 10, the virus is horrible at what it does, as of today around 82,000 deceased out of 7.8 billion people = 0.0011%. BTW, around 57,000,000 died of all causes in 2015 alone.
Spainish flu was much more efficient than this chyna virus

ejd_5277

EOG Dedicated
If not for social distancing, the virus would be here a long time

Incorrect.

If the virus were allowed to circulate unchecked, it would be gone much more quickly, as a "herd immunity" would be built up.

Of course, there would be dramatically more cases/deaths.

This is represented on any of those "flat curve vs. steep curve" graphs you see.

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
Viruses cause "community level outbreaks".

"Someone has to collect the garbage, deliver the foods and medicines, and keep basic services running, no matter what."

"We're all in this together". "So who's with me?" (not many these days)

"We don't have time for double talk. We need straight talk."

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Slick move by Trump to assign Pence as the leader of the task force.'

Pence's gubernatorial experience helped him to communicate well with some of the Democratic governors.

I chuckle every time Pence holds up the laminated flyer which details the various methods to "Stop the Spread."

unluckysob

EOG Dedicated

See Italy.

See Italy.
June 15 is a key date. Virus will have maxed out. Less new cases each week. It will take 4 months to become a NON factor. Oct.15.

Crazy Pete

EOG Addicted
Headline:
“Over 16,000 Covid deaths in the USA!”

Alternative headline you’ll never see:
“Less than 1 person in 20,000 in USA has died”*

*mostly elderly or people with pre-existing medical conditions

Bigrunner

EOG Master
That's the liberal playbook.

"Its the media's fault" is straight out of the right wing playbook". Isn't it ironic?

Remember Hurricane Katrina and the many pictures of rich white people on their roofs yelling for help. I don't, they were poor people. Because poor people pay the highest price during disasters. But we know you blamed Hurricane Katrina on the media. Isn't ironic?

cheapseats

EOG Master
"Its the media's fault" is straight out of the right wing playbook". Isn't it ironic?

Remember Hurricane Katrina and the many pictures of rich white people on their roofs yelling for help. I don't, they were poor people. Because poor people pay the highest price during disasters. But we know you blamed Hurricane Katrina on the media. Isn't ironic?
Yup, the main stream liberal media controlled by the dnc. Bunches of tards.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
"The poor always pay the highest price".

That's the conversation on the south side of Chicago right now where a disproportionally-high number of COVID-19 deaths are coming from the African-American community.

The mayor of Chicago is citing institutional racism as the leading cause of the problem.

My question for Mayor Lori Lightfoot: Is the white man responsible for the black man's diabetic condition?

Bigrunner

EOG Master
That's the conversation on the south side of Chicago right now where a disproportionally-high number of COVID-19 deaths are coming from the African-American community.

The mayor of Chicago is citing institutional racism as the leading cause of the problem.

My question for Mayor Lori Lightfoot: Is the white man responsible for the black man's diabetic condition?

Ever hear of slavery? Redlining? Levittown, implied racism, misappropriation of government funds, food deserts. Environmental racism? Obviously not.

There's a strong argument about reparations to the African Americans. I think it has to do with the white mans responsibility towards the plight of the black man.

There's also the plight of the farmer. 50 billion in government reparations in a 3 year stretch.

Last edited:

Bigrunner

EOG Master
We need to save lives in order to save livelihoods.

---Illinois Governor J.B. Pritzker

The cure can't be worse than the disease.
- Right wingers throughout the nation

What's funny is the right wingers had no idea what the cure was. They think it's the media's fault and tore up the pandemic response playbook.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

There are a lot of reasons for that - from poorer health to service jobs, and using public transportation. I was called a racist on FB for that answer (or course from a libtard).

I think Mayor Lightfoot has done a very good job so far, I would hate for her to play the race card. I will knock down her score a few points if so.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
The cure can't be worse than the disease.
- Right wingers throughout the nation

What's funny is the right wingers had no idea what the cure was. They think it's the media's fault and tore up the pandemic response playbook.
As much as you hate Trump, the best leaders are fighting the same battle here with basically the same results. Until there is a vaccination, the virus will be in the lead.

The poor will always pay the price - sad but true, no matter who is in charge.

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
"We learn more in crisis than in comfort"

"There is a big difference between "America first" and "American's first".

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
As much as you hate Trump, the best leaders are fighting the same battle here with basically the same results. Until there is a vaccination, the virus will be in the lead.

The poor will always pay the price - sad but true, no matter who is in charge.

The best leaders are fighting the virus....somebody should tell Trump to join them.....

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
There are a lot of reasons for that - from poorer health to service jobs, and using public transportation. I was called a racist on FB for that answer (or course from a libtard).

I think Mayor Lightfoot has done a very good job so far, I would hate for her to play the race card. I will knock down her score a few points if so.

Pritzker and Lightfoot criticize Trump every day of the week.

I prefer Pritzker over Lightfoot.

Lightfoot is truly radical.

Trump held an excellent press conference today.

He hammered CNN's Jim Acosta near the end of the briefing.

Bigrunner

EOG Master

This news after a Judge already ordered Trump to payback the millions he stole from charity. And after getting sued for stealing hundreds of millions from students.

Why would anyone support or defend anything Trump does? Isn't stealing millions from charity an automatic disqualifier. I just don't get the mentality and lack of morality of some Christians. 😂

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Most? Like 90%? How many of that 90% do you think stole millions from charity and hundreds of millions from students and consumers?

Most every Illinois and Louisiana governor over the past quarter-century could be labeled a thief.