Obama Gave $3.7M Grant to Sketchy China Virology Lab

MrTop

EOG Master
It has been widely reported the U.S. and Canada had helped fund the Wuhan, China, virology lab that is believed to have accidentally released the global coronavirus pandemic because of lax safety protocols, according to U.S. intelligence.

Now, it turns out that $3.7 million grant was awarded by Obama administration in 2015.

"The Obama administration gave them a grant of $3.7 million,"

Bushay

NHL Expert
It has been widely reported the U.S. and Canada had helped fund the Wuhan, China, virology lab that is believed to have accidentally released the global coronavirus pandemic because of lax safety protocols, according to U.S. intelligence.

Now, it turns out that $3.7 million grant was awarded by Obama administration in 2015.

"The Obama administration gave them a grant of $3.7 million,"
We don't know who to trust in stories like this. Of course this one sounds like it came from the right. What's the motivation is what I'm interested in knowing. Consider the source when evaluating these types of stories. ? We don't even know where the virus started or how it happened. More how than when. That may never even come out.

According to a fact-check, the $3.7 million in grants given between 2014 and 2019 by the National Institutes of Health (NIH) to EchoHealth Alliance, a global environmental health nonprofit group, helped fund research on virology in Wuhan China.
“However, not all of that $3.7 million went to the Wuhan Institute of Virology, and not all of the funding took place under the Obama administration,” reported Snopes. “Approximately $700,000 of the $3.7 million total was approved under Donald Trump.”

billysink

EOG Dedicated
Rooooty hardly a bellringer.

Eleven people in the entire world give a fukk about Rooooty.

Six of them ex-wives.

kane

EOG master
Blueline is right, strategists want her to run, but she's been resistant, and like Heisey says, who can blame her. It's a shame if she doesn't, her and Biden win the election easily, then Joe leaves after 4 years and we get Michelle for 8, a dream scenario

billysink

EOG Dedicated
Correct-Seems like she wants no further life in political office and who can blame her?

I think the Democrats roll her out at the last minute to deal Turnip a knockout blow.

She doesn't have to campaign, fundraise, put up with the media to win.

She could be nominated last minute and garner double the national vote than Turnip.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Blueline is right, strategists want her to run, but she's been resistant, and like Heisey says, who can blame her. It's a shame if she doesn't, her and Biden win the election easily, then Joe leaves after 4 years and we get Michelle for 8, a dream scenario

Dream or nightmare?

Haha.

Michele had the great line in the run-up to the 2016 presidental election, "When they go low, we go high."

Too bad none of the politicians followed her advice.

Foresthill

EOG Addicted
Michele's girls are 21 and 18.

A run in 2024 makes more sense.

She's not interested. I don't think she even wanted Barack to run, but she obviously lost that argument.

Let me draw a contrast with Hillary Clinton to emphasize the point. It was widely known in political circles that Bill would run for President first, and then, if successful, Hillary. No such agreement between the O'bama's. Barack was interested in public office -- not her. I've read where she thought he was being selfish.

I'd be shocked if she ran for the top job, let alone be 2nd fiddle (VP).