Some of my favorite pandemic phrases

kane

EOG master
You can say that about many professions. But the reality is plenty aren't.

Al Franken not an idiot or criminal. I have many other examples if you're interested.

Franken is great, a politician who actually cared about the people he was serving. The guy makes one little mistake trying to be funny and his career is over, sad

Bucky

EOG Dedicated
I did not vote for President Trump but I respect the election. America voted. There is a chance to vote again in the near future. Whoever is elected I will support.

This is a war we are in and I feel the best chance we have is to be good soldiers, so to speak. Otherwise, we have a dysfunctional army! People are busting their butt to help win this war against the virus. To not support the government is very unpatriotic and disrespectful to all the workers/caregivers battling for me, you, everybody without any questions on our political beliefs.

Bigrunner

EOG Master
I did not vote for President Trump but I respect the election. America voted. There is a chance to vote again in the near future. Whoever is elected I will support.

This is a war we are in and I feel the best chance we have is to be good soldiers, so to speak. Otherwise, we have a dysfunctional army! People are busting their butt to help win this war against the virus. To not support the government is very unpatriotic and disrespectful to all the workers/caregivers battling for me, you, everybody without any questions on our political beliefs.

The federal government is not helping with their lies. It doesn't help that the president holds a daily briefing and for over 2 hours he makes it all about himself, including a reelection propaganda video funded with taxpayers dollars. Thats morally wrong and illegal. But the RepubliCons and his soldiers are letting him do it.

This is not a war and we're not soldiers. Hitler would have loved a so called good soldier like you.

waco

EOG Dedicated
I LOVE HE SAID OUR TV RATINGS ARE AS BIG AS "THE BACHELOR" BUT LETS MAKE THEM BIGGER BY TUNING ON ALL YOUR TV'S TO HIS PRESS CONFERENCE

Last edited by a moderator:

kane

EOG master
I LOVE HE SAID OUR TV RATINGS ARE AS BIG AS "THE BACHELOR" BUT LETS MAKE THEM BIGGER BY TRUNING ON ALL YOUR TV'S TO HIS PRESS CONFERENCE

We're in the middle of a world wide crisis, and this fucking idiot is actually bragging about his ratings, he's beyond pathetic

Bucky

EOG Dedicated
I hear what you guys are saying but he is what he is. He is what we have. There is nothing we can do right now to change that.

Let’s not cut our noses off in spite of our faces!

You know Trump can be manipulated by the American people! Those democratic governors are standing up for their states. Incompetence can be pointed out and public opinion does get his attention. But, declaring war on Trump does not solve anything. We do not want him to have the attitude of why help these people when they do not appreciate it anyway.

Bigrunner

EOG Master
I hear what you guys are saying but he is what he is. He is what we have. There is nothing we can do right now to change that.

Let’s not cut our noses off in spite of our faces!

You know Trump can be manipulated by the American people! Those democratic governors are standing up for their states. Incompetence can be pointed out and public opinion does get his attention. But, declaring war on Trump does not solve anything. We do not want him to have the attitude of why help these people when they do not appreciate it anyway.

The RepubliCons are letting him do it. The good soldiers are defenfing him.

"What he did was wrong and shameful. I think he'll learn. I vote not guilty ".
- RepubliCon Senator Susan Collins

"What he did was wrong and criminal, I vote not guilty".
- RepubliCon Sen. Lamar Alexander

"What he did was criminal, I vote guilty".
- RepubliCon Senator Mitt Romney

Bigrunner

EOG Master
Btw Romney was the only Senator ever to vote to convict a President from his own party. Ever! But it wasn't enough to stop the RepubliCons from letting Trump continue to committ crimes.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Good line from New Jersey governor Phil Murphy today: We must move as quickly as we can BUT as safely as we must.

Valuist

EOG Master
How about herd mentality?

Wasn't the whole point of social distancing to flatten the curve so the initial surge didn't cause an overflow at hospitals? So there wouldn't be a shortage of beds and ventilators? Aren't many in the medical community saying that a decent chunk of the population will get the virus, or eventually test positive for the antibodies? There's going to come a time when we have to let the chips fall as they may. I don't believe the vaccine will be the cure all. What if the vaccine only has a 60% success rate? We can't live on egg shells for another year waiting for that. Those that already have the antibodies won't stand for that, and those in decent condition won't either.

fifty cint

EOG Dedicated
Good line from New Jersey governor Phil Murphy today: We must move as quickly as we can BUT as safely as we must.

Murphy has done as good a job as possible.His state has a lot of moving parts ,A tireless worker and genuine good man. RESPECT

Last edited by a moderator:

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Studies have shown he speaks at a fourth grade level, the lowest of any president

And not well-read.

Trump's historical viewpoint dates back to 2008.

One plus: Trump is smarter in 2020 than he was in 2016.

Another plus: He's above-average at exchanging barbs with the hostile media.

Bigrunner

EOG Master
Gaffe machine.

And it's only going to get worse.

Biden is 77 going on 87.

God bless Joe's current wife.

You're a very tough judge. I think he does just fine considering the massive spotlight he's under. Joe has had so much tragedy in his life. In 1972 he lost his wife and 13 month old daughter in a car accident on their way to buy a Christmas Tree. Joe's 4 & 3 year old sons Beau and Hunter were also in the car and badly injured. Then in 2015 Joe son Beau, former Attorney General of Delaware, lost his battle with cancer at the young age of 46. Great article about Joe's character attached below.

https://medium.com/@JoeBiden/i-know-joe-biden-rabbi-michael-beals-29efe01d81e1

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
You're a very tough judge. I think he does just fine considering the massive spotlight he's under. Joe has had so much tragedy in his life. In 1972 he lost his wife and 13 month old daughter in a car accident on their way to buy a Christmas Tree. Joe's 4 & 3 year old sons Beau and Hunter were also in the car and badly injured. Then in 2015 Joe son Beau, former Attorney General of Delaware, lost his battle with cancer at the young age of 46. Great article about Joe's character attached below.

I like Joe.

I simply don't agree with his worldview.

kane

EOG master

He was also a stutterer when he was younger, sometimes even today you can see examples of it when he misspeaks