Trump Should Worry About His Approval Rating

MonkeyF0cker

EOG Dedicated
And you can't prove that statement right or wrong.

So what's your point?

If you think that theft, arson, or any other crime only occurs when someone gets caught, you're entirely too naive to be arguing about mail-in voter fraud.

kane

EOG master
https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/494189-lets-put-the-vote-by-mail-fraud-myth-to-rest

"Vote fraud in the US is exceedingly rare, with mailed ballots and otherwise. Over the past 20 years, about 250 Million votes have been cast by a mail ballot nationally. The Heritage Foundation maintains an online database of election fraud cases in the US and reports that there have been just over 1,200 cases of vote fraud of all forms, resulting in 1,100 criminal convictions, over the past 20 years. Of these, 204 involved the fraudulent use of absentee ballots, 143 of these resulted in criminal convictions

Let's put that data into perspective. 143 cases of fraud using mailed ballots over the course of 20 years comes out to 7-8 cases per year, nationally.

MonkeyF0cker

EOG Dedicated
How do you feel about computer voting machines that don't have any paper trail?

If there's a voter ID or cryptographic key associated with the voter where their registration and voting record can be entered and validated by the voter themselves later, I don't have a problem with computerized voting.

MonkeyF0cker

EOG Dedicated
https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/494189-lets-put-the-vote-by-mail-fraud-myth-to-rest

"Vote fraud in the US is exceedingly rare, with mailed ballots and otherwise. Over the past 20 years, about 250 Million votes have been cast by a mail ballot nationally. The Heritage Foundation maintains an online database of election fraud cases in the US and reports that there have been just over 1,200 cases of vote fraud of all forms, resulting in 1,100 criminal convictions, over the past 20 years. Of these, 204 involved the fraudulent use of absentee ballots.

Let's put that data into perspective. 143 cases of fraud using mailed ballots over the course of 20 years comes out to 7-8 cases per year, nationally.

Again, trying to argue that it only occurs when someone gets caught. Give it up. You have no idea how frequently it happens.

If there's a voter ID or cryptographic key associated with the voter where their registration and voting record can be entered and validated by the voter themselves later, I don't have a problem with computerized voting.

That does nothing to prevent hacked flipping of votes

SlipperyPete

EOG Dedicated
Voting process could be made absolutely proof.

You want a picture ID? Just put a picture on everyone SS card.

Republicans dont want them...casuse that would cost too much--- about 10 bill or so I heard

Yeah in the land of trillion dollar bailouts, 10 billion doesnt seem that much

kane

EOG master

Republicans dont want them...casuse that would cost too much--- about 10 bill or so I heard

Pete, we both know why the GOP has such a hard on for picture ID's. Hmm, I wonder if blacks voted republican if they would feel the same about picture ID's? And we both know the answer to that question as well

MonkeyF0cker

EOG Dedicated
And those machines are pretty easy to hack for those that know what they're doing

Let me know the first person that has hacked the Bitcoin blockchain. If you think it's easier to hack a cryptographic cypher than it is to modify or forge a mail-in ballot, you shouldn't be partaking in this discussion.

kane

EOG master
Again, trying to argue that it only occurs when someone gets caught. Give it up. You have no idea how frequently it happens.

Okay, if there's an average of 7-8 cases of mail in voter fraud per year, let's say for everyone who gets caught, 10 don't, of course I'm just making up a number, but if there's 10 not caught for every 1 that is, that means an average of 70-80 cases of voter fraud by mail per year. Is that a number that we should really worry about?

kane

EOG master

And how many cases of voter fraud by mail are by republicans? There is such a small amount it isn't even worth discussing, but of the extremely miniscule amount of fraudulent votes, how many are republican?

SlipperyPete

EOG Dedicated
If it would be so bad, Republicans would have done something about it by now. (or even Democrats)

talking heads spewing crap, and internet conspiracy theory peddlers dont count
They are just riling up the base

MonkeyF0cker

EOG Dedicated
And how many cases of voter fraud by mail are by republicans? There is such a small amount it isn't even worth discussing, but of the extremely miniscule amount of fraudulent votes, how many are republican?

So it matters more who does it than whether it's preventable or not?

MonkeyF0cker

EOG Dedicated
If it would be so bad, Republicans would have done something about it by now. (or even Democrats)

talking heads spewing crap, and internet conspiracy theory peddlers dont count
They are just riling up the base

Are you disagreeing with the experts in kane's articles and claiming that it doesn't open the door to more fraud?

MonkeyF0cker

EOG Dedicated
what article are you referring to?

Justin Levitt, a law professor at Loyola Marymount University and voter fraud expert, told us that while he is not aware of any valid statistics on the prevalence of fraud in mail-in ballots, “I do collect anecdotal reports, and it is clear (and I think most observers from across the political spectrum agree) that misconduct in the mail voting process is meaningfully more prevalent than misconduct in the process of voting in person.”

One of the problems with tracking the prevalence of mail-in voting fraud is that “It’s really hard to find,” Atkeson said in a phone interview. “The fact is, we really don’t know how much fraud there is.”

There are two features of mail-in voting that make it “slightly less secure” than in-person voting, Minnite said.

First, she said, “the ‘chain-of-custody’ of the ballot is broken with mail-in voting because the ballot is released by election authorities into the U.S. mail, and voters, therefore, are unsupervised when they vote, they do not record their votes in the presence of election officials.”

Second, she said, “this creates an opening for illegal activity by political operatives that would not otherwise exist if all voting was conducted in-person at official polling sites.”

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

I don’t think you’re supposed to carry your SS card around anymore. Your DL or State ID should have your voter registration on it.

kane

EOG master
Justin Levitt, a law professor at Loyola Marymount University and voter fraud expert, told us that while he is not aware of any valid statistics on the prevalence of fraud in mail-in ballots, “I do collect anecdotal reports, and it is clear (and I think most observers from across the political spectrum agree) that misconduct in the mail voting process is meaningfully more prevalent than misconduct in the process of voting in person.”

One of the problems with tracking the prevalence of mail-in voting fraud is that “It’s really hard to find,” Atkeson said in a phone interview. “The fact is, we really don’t know how much fraud there is.”

There are two features of mail-in voting that make it “slightly less secure” than in-person voting, Minnite said.

First, she said, “the ‘chain-of-custody’ of the ballot is broken with mail-in voting because the ballot is released by election authorities into the U.S. mail, and voters, therefore, are unsupervised when they vote, they do not record their votes in the presence of election officials.”

Second, she said, “this creates an opening for illegal activity by political operatives that would not otherwise exist if all voting was conducted in-person at official polling sites.”

Slightly less secure than in person voting

MonkeyF0cker

EOG Dedicated
Pretty great how you just skip over the part of...

“I do collect anecdotal reports, and it is clear (and I think most observers from across the political spectrum agree) that misconduct in the mail voting process is meaningfully more prevalent than misconduct in the process of voting in person.”

MonkeyF0cker

EOG Dedicated
And the part of...

kane

EOG master
Sorry Monkey, but we've been hearing about supposed voter fraud by mail for years from the right, it's a tired talking point, it's been proven that voter fraud by mail is so rare that it isn't even worth talking about anymore, nothing but a tired right wing conspiracy talking point. Let me know when Trump finds those 5 million illegal votes that were cast for Hilary

kane

EOG master
And the part of...

Well, the studies that have been done have shown a miniscule amount. 7-8 cases of voter fraud a year isn't going to keep me up at night, if it bothers you, well, that's on you

MonkeyF0cker

EOG Dedicated
You know more than someone who devoted their life to the subject and can't quantify the prevalence themselves.

I get it already.

kane

EOG master

"Vote fraud in the US is exceedingly rare, with mailed ballots and otherwise. Over the past 20 years, about 250 Million votes have been cast by a mail ballot nationally. The Heritage Foundation maintains an online database of election fraud cases in the US and reports that there have been just over 1,200 cases of vote fraud of all forms, resulting in 1,100 criminal convictions, over the past 20 years. Of these, 204 involved the fraudulent use of absentee ballots, 143 of these resulted in criminal convictions

143 cases of voter fraud over a 20 year study, even if you add a handful that didn't get caught, it's still a number so small that it's meaningless, except of course to those on the alt right who have a hard on for this tired conspiracy

MonkeyF0cker

EOG Dedicated
Guy still can't comprehend this part...

Amazing.