Nathan's hot dog eating contest 2020

Valuist

EOG Master
I see at Bookmaker, some over money pushed Chestnut's total to 72 1/2. The under is heavily juiced to -155. Gotta go under here. There hasn't been competitive eating events for awhile. Eaters can't simulate actual contest conditions. Chestnut a heavy favorite and absolutely ZERO need to beat his own record.

For anyone offshore, how about a prop: will the Nathan's contest take place or be cancelled?

SlipperyPete

EOG Dedicated
Be careful. I am fairly certain they monkey with the size of the dogs.

Originally the contest was 12 minutes long. Its been cut to 10 for a while now however the number of dogs eaten still kept going up for a while after.
It may have "stabilized" for the last 2-3 years or so

Valuist

EOG Master
Be careful. I am fairly certain they monkey with the size of the dogs.

Originally the contest was 12 minutes long. Its been cut to 10 for a while now however the number of dogs eaten still kept going up for a while after.
It may have "stabilized" for the last 2-3 years or so

I do remember cashing an under ticket on Chestnut last year. I just really don't see the incentive for him to run up the score. And the women's favorite is expected to crush the competition. Generally records in any event are when a competitor is being pushed hard by a rival, Secretariat's Belmont notwithstanding.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
A six-inch dog or an eight-inch dog?

Big difference.

For Michele Bachmann - doesn't make a difference. She is seen her doing the only think she is good at (how "her people" let a pic like this be taken is beyond me but glad they did)MicheleBachmann - Corndog.jpg

SlipperyPete

EOG Dedicated
A six-inch dog or an eight-inch dog?

Big difference.

I stopped following this shit a while ago. Last time I went to see it in person was in 2004.

I was like 10 feet from them.

Go back two years later....couldnt get within 200 feet--- it blew up.

But I know they are messing with the size of the dogs.

I guess it is about the size of the dog...... in a hot dog eating contest

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

Valuist

EOG Master
For the record - Nathan's hot dogs don't exist in my book. Haven't for almost 2 years. The company prez has the right to do what he wants. But just like with Chick-Fil-A I have the same right to tell him TO GO FUCK HIMSELF! And I am. I didn't watch the contest last year. I won't watch it this year. I won't watch until the asshole who did this is gone from the company.

https://www.businessinsider.com/nathans-hot-dogs-faces-backlash-over-trump-fundraiser-report-2018-8

So if anyone has an opposing view of your own, it's grounds for a boycott?

Why don't we all just become liberals? We won't have to worry about election interference as their will be only one candidate. Let's follow the lead of North Korea. How has that worked?

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

Why don't we all just become liberals? We won't have to worry about election interference as their will be only one candidate. Let's follow the lead of North Korea. How has that worked?

No!

But supporting their business means I support the way they do business

I credit C-F-A for running a great operations and sticking to their beliefs in being closed on Sunday. This is costing them a TON of money. But it is the way they choose to do business so good for them. I just find it sad/hypocritical they are so Christian - yet support anti LGBTQ groups. That is their right. I, in turn, have the right to ignore them. And I do.

As for Nathan's...............the prez of that company has the right to do whatever he wants. I, in turn, have the right to tell him to take his hot dogs and shove them so far up his ass that when he sneezes hot dog parts fly out his nose.

We have the right to support (or not) who we want. I choose not to support businesses who go to extremes I do not agree with. On the other hand, there are businesses I support because their values/beliefs align with mine - and if not I would not be a customer of theirs.

To quote Bruce Hornsby: That's just the way it is. Some things will never change. That's just the way it is.

boston massacre

EOG Master
For the record - Nathan's hot dogs don't exist in my book. Haven't for almost 2 years. The company prez has the right to do what he wants. But just like with Chick-Fil-A I have the same right to tell him TO GO FUCK HIMSELF! And I am. I didn't watch the contest last year. I won't watch it this year. I won't watch until the asshole who did this is gone from the company.

https://www.businessinsider.com/nathans-hot-dogs-faces-backlash-over-trump-fundraiser-report-2018-8

A Great Guy, Doing a Great Thing, For a Great President.

In Addition, To Upsetting This Snow Flake Poster.

boston massacre

EOG Master

Don't Know, that you can just become Liberal.

Think you have to contract it.

Since, it is a DISEASE !

Bigrunner

EOG Master
No!

I credit C-F-A for running a great operations and sticking to their beliefs in being closed on Sunday. This is costing them a TON of money. But it is the way they choose to do business so good for them. I just find it sad/hypocritical they are so Christian - yet support anti LGBTQ groups. That is their right. I, in turn, have the right to ignore them. And I do.

As for Nathan's...............the prez of that company has the right to do whatever he wants. I, in turn, have the right to tell him to take his hot dogs and shove them so far up his ass that when he sneezes hot dog parts fly out his nose.

We have the right to support (or not) who we want. I choose not to support businesses who go to extremes I do not agree with. On the other hand, there are businesses I support because their values/beliefs align with mine - and if not I would not be a customer of theirs.

To quote Bruce Hornsby: That's just the way it is. Some things will never change. That's just the way it is.

That's how I feel about most people that support Trump. They're racist, bigots and Nazi's.

"Obama wasn't born in America. He's a Muslim and shouldn't be allowed to be president".
- Trump

"If I become President Muslims will be banned from coming to America".
- Trump

"MAGA people like the blacks".
- Trump

boston massacre

EOG Master
That's how I feel about most people that support Trump. They're racist, bigots and Nazi's.

"Obama wasn't born in America. He's a Muslim and shouldn't be allowed to be president".
- Trump

"If I become President Muslims will be banned from coming to America".
- Trump

"MAGA people like the blacks".
- Trump

You're a Spy.

Bigrunner

EOG Master
"Who cares that Trump looted the charity box of 3 million dollars. The current looters have caused a billion in damage".
- Nazi scumbag Trump supporter Dumb Alfie

Valuist

EOG Master
Somehow, someway, a thread about the Hot Dog eating contest was hijacked by "nazi talk". Are there any Nazis still alive? BR, do you consider any person with German ancestry a nazi? Maybe you consider non Jewish whites as nazis. Keep painting with that broad brush.

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!
Somehow, someway, a thread about the Hot Dog eating contest was hijacked by "nazi talk". Are there any Nazis still alive? BR, do you consider any person with German ancestry a nazi? Maybe you consider non Jewish whites as nazis. Keep painting with that broad brush.
Pretty fucking amazing. Maybe try an oatmeal eating thread next time.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

I can think of a few

Stephen Miller
Steve Bannon

kane

EOG master
The entire country is going to shit, and people actually give a fuck about how many hot dogs some asshole could eat, smh

kane

EOG master

Google Richard Spencer

Valuist

EOG Master
The entire country is going to shit, and people actually give a fuck about how many hot dogs some asshole could eat, smh

Some of us are trying to put betting content related threads on a sports betting forum. Apparently I forgot everything was supposed to be about a left leaning narrative.

MrTop

EOG Master

if you could get chestnut as a dog would you forget the riot news for 20 minutes and bet it ? ;)

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
if you could get chestnut as a dog would you forget the riot news for 20 minutes and bet it ? ;)

The year after he lost he opened up a dog. A decent size one. Maybe +130 or more. For him that is a decent sized dog. I took him around +130 figuring he would be seeking payback. He ended up closing at least -150 or more and DESTROYED the competition

MrTop

EOG Master
The year after he lost he opened up a dog. A decent size one. Maybe +130 or more. For him that is a decent sized dog. I took him around +130 figuring he would be seeking payback. He ended up closing at least -150 or more and DESTROYED the competition

a bet is a bet. If the world is ending a bettor still has to try and make money. Bet Gold Jerry Gold !

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
No!

I Guarantee there are gays that work at CFA, some in their upper management. Do you think we should shake down every business that doesn’t give an official stance on BLM? Do you use Uber Eats? They are waiving all fees to black-owned businesses for the rest of the year.

Valuist

EOG Master
Reminds me of an old time horse bettor said about stretch runners:

"They don't have to run as fast as they can. They just have to be fast enough to win."

Chestnut doesn't have to eat as much as possible. He just has to eat enough to win. It's already HIS record.

Valuist

EOG Master
I wonder if anyone has considered taking laxatives before the contest? As soon as the food goes in, it comes out the other way. Might be the only way to beat Chestnut.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
I Guarantee there are gays that work at CFA, some in their upper management. Do you think we should shake down every business that doesn’t give an official stance on BLM? Do you use Uber Eats? They are waiving all fees to black-owned businesses for the rest of the year.

NOPE!

I don't use any delivery service. I do that because I know the dining places lose a lot of money when someone uses a delivery service for an order.

I order from the dining place's site or call it in and go pick it up myself. If I am that far away that I driving is a hassle that is my sign I should patronize a more local place. I live within 2-3 miles of too many places to mention. I will drive the 3 minutes to Wing Stop or Panda Express or.....................

Valuist

EOG Master
NOPE!

I don't use any delivery service. I do that because I know the dining places lose a lot of money when someone uses a delivery service for an order.

I order from the dining place's site or call it in and go pick it up myself. If I am that far away that I driving is a hassle that is my sign I should patronize a more local place. I live within 2-3 miles of too many places to mention. I will drive the 3 minutes to Wing Stop or Panda Express or.....................

The CEO of Grub Hub was on CNBC this morning. 25% order markup just to break even for them, at least that's what he claims. I agree; if a place is 2 miles away or less, just go pick it up.
The restaurants need the help right now and the deliveries, via 3rd party or their own delivery people, cut into their margins.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
The CEO of Grub Hub was on CNBC this morning. 25% order markup just to break even for them, at least that's what he claims. I agree; if a place is 2 miles away or less, just go pick it up.
The restaurants need the help right now and the deliveries, via 3rd party or their own delivery people, cut into their margins.

I also do this since a place I interviewed with is part of the delivery business meaning every time I have someone deliver it they make money. I have no objection to them not hiring me since they spoke to many people so no complaints from me - but the fact these dining places give up so much is the main reason

People who need something like Mickey D's or Taco Hell delivered to them are just flat out lazy and shouldn't be eating from those places anyway

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
I also do this since a place I interviewed with is part of the delivery business meaning every time I have someone deliver it they make money. I have no objection to them not hiring me since they spoke to many people so no complaints from me - but the fact these dining places give up so much is the main reason

People who need something like Mickey D's or Taco Hell delivered to them are just flat out lazy and shouldn't be eating from those places anyway
I get if you’re working downtown. I never have used the delivery services.