Only Good Acts of Humanity During Riots Posted Here

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
There are more great people in this situation than what the news is reporting.

This thread is for only posting good acts by people that you find online or on social media.

I'll start with this story. What is the reason someone would defend a bank? The bank has insurance and will be for sure made right if anything happens. Why do you defend a bank? Because it sends a message not to fuck with the neighborhood.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...nte-tries-stop-bank-robbery-Santa-Monica.html

Drnkyourmlkshk

EOG Dedicated
I joined the cleanup volunteer crews at civic center park today.. 95 degrees was not what I wanted but we carried on for 6 hours until the protests began. Today is a peace march so theres hope we won't be there again tomorrow at the same site as theres plenty of sites that need help still but it was fulfilling and probably my favorite day of 2020 so far. I posted a pic on my twitter but will add more throughout the week of only good folks, doing great things during this time.

I saw a woman who didnt appear to afford much bringing new socks to the homeless camps on park Avenue & 20th a month ago during the height of covid in the city. It was incredible how much joy she brought.

TobyTyler

EOG Dedicated
Toby. Only good vibes in this thread.
I thought the officer did an amazing job of restraint, deserving of mention in this thread. If you watch closely, the deranged animal charged his car from the front. The officer, already low on patience after a long day of dodging rocks, water bottles, molotov cocktails, etc, could have chosen to repave that part of the road with this animal's body. But he didn't! Heroic indeed.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
I thought the officer did an amazing job of restraint, deserving of mention in this thread. If you watch closely, the deranged animal charged his car from the front. The officer, already low on patience after a long day of dodging rocks, water bottles, molotov cocktails, etc, could have chosen to repave that part of the road with this animal's body. But he didn't! Heroic indeed.
I see your point. Could have been much worse?

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
I joined the cleanup volunteer crews at civic center park today.. 95 degrees was not what I wanted but we carried on for 6 hours until the protests began. Today is a peace march so theres hope we won't be there again tomorrow at the same site as theres plenty of sites that need help still but it was fulfilling and probably my favorite day of 2020 so far. I posted a pic on my twitter but will add more throughout the week of only good folks, doing great things during this time.

I saw a woman who didnt appear to afford much bringing new socks to the homeless camps on park Avenue & 20th a month ago during the height of covid in the city. It was incredible how much joy she brought.
How many showed ?

I hope you can report a mix of people working together. And by mix i dont mean old white guys and young white guys.

Drnkyourmlkshk

EOG Dedicated
How many showed ?

I hope you can report a mix of people working together. And by mix i dont mean old white guys and young white guys.
I'd say 300 or so at the Capitol at 9 am to help. I didnt take a poll on age, race and or women/man.
I'd guess average age was 30 its denver so mostly white although I was helped on the steps by a older black couple and a high school student all who were really nice.

A former cop was in another group and bought some paint remover with his own money. He wanted to say some words of wisdom before we left. He was pretty upset about the events of the past few nights.

The parks and rec crews were across the street cleaning up large walls of graffiti and left well before us with the job hardly done.
I've done a lot of trail restoration and the volunteer crew I worked with today was much more determined overall.

Tomorrow will be the 16th street mall I'm sure and that's in much worse shape than the Capitol area.

If you are asking who's in the protest crowds. I only attended Saturday for 2 hours but I'd say 70% white conservatively. I dont remove my mask as I have zero immune system and am not afraid to admit am terrified of covid. As the crowd grows, I'll be safely at home.

I'll post some more pics to my Twitter page for all.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
I'd say 300 or so at the Capitol at 9 am to help. I didnt take a poll on age, race and or women/man.
I'd guess average age was 30 its denver so mostly white although I was helped on the steps by a older black couple and a high school student all who were really nice.

A former cop was in another group and bought some paint remover with his own money. He wanted to say some words of wisdom before we left. He was pretty upset about the events of the past few nights.

The parks and rec crews were across the street cleaning up large walls of graffiti and left well before us with the job hardly done.
I've done a lot of trail restoration and the volunteer crew I worked with today was much more determined overall.

Tomorrow will be the 16th street mall I'm sure and that's in much worse shape than the Capitol area.

If you are asking who's in the protest crowds. I only attended Saturday for 2 hours but I'd say 70% white conservatively. I dont remove my mask as I have zero immune system and am not afraid to admit am terrified of covid. As the crowd grows, I'll be safely at home.

I'll post some more pics to my Twitter page for all.
Great news Drink.

I want to add that my questions to you are not looking for a hardlined answer. I know that the idea is to get there and work. I was looking for your impression of what you notice in terms of who is doing the cleaning up.

300 people sounds fantastic. I hope this number grows when it comes to helping clean up the mall.

I would hope this type of community would get more time on national TV to show the world there is more good in people than the constant video of rioting and beating up of people that TV uses as fuel to scare people. Just a disgusting display by people.

My question about this clean up. Is there a central person/group that is organizing this clean up or are people just showing up and finding something to clean up/fix and begin working. So is there someone from the Denver city government organization that is there direct people on what to clean/fix.

Just a general question. Good luck today if you go to the mall. When you take a break for a "drink" work on your photography skills to show some before and after or just progress pictures.

Thanks man and get that vitamin D and zinc in that body to help build the immune system.

kane

EOG master
I'm glad you posted this. I saw this before and couldn't find it again (found it on twitter).

This is pure evidence there is good in all in this country.

The fact is, there have been hundreds of instances where things like this have happened, but it doesn't sell, no one wants to hear about the good stories, it doesn't get ratings, the news has to show the fires and bashing of windows and all the looting because that's what drives up their ratings, and when I say the news, I mean all of them. CNN, MSNBC, and Fox would all rather show the violence and destruction as opposed to a feel good story about a group of black men surrounding a white officer to protect him, Guesser has done a great job pointing out a lot of these feel good type stories, unfortunately they don't get the high ratings that the fires and looting do. People don't watch races to see the cars drive around in a circle, they watch for the crashes and the cars that flip over and catch fire. This was a really good idea for a thread, Kudos to you.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
Good idea Sport, and props to everyone participating.

This stuff is the ENEMY of the Winky, BR and Javy types.

They don't want middle ground, they don't want intelligent dialogue, they don't want solutions.

Until people quit seeing sides and start seeking solutions nothing of substance will ever change.