And that's why black athletes should take a knee during National Anthem

Bigrunner

EOG Master
I believe we're going to see a large amount of NFL players taking a knee this football season. I've read there's some major in fighting amongst the New Orleans Saints. Drew Brees said in total disregard to the murder of George Floyd "always respect the flag". Like taking a need is so called disrespecting the flag. LOL. NFL star, offensive player of the year Mike Thomas basically told Brees we don't care what you think!

I thought Teddy Bridgewater was better than Brees last season. New Orleans will regret trading Teddy B. Or letting him get away.

Heim

EOG Master
I believe we're going to see a large amount of NFL players taking a knee this football season. I've read there's some major in fighting amongst the New Orleans Saints. Drew Brees said in total disregard to the murder of George Floyd "always respect the flag". Like taking a need is so called disrespecting the flag. LOL. NFL star, offensive player of the year Mike Thomas basically told Brees we don't care what you think!

I thought Teddy Bridgewater was better than Brees last season. New Orleans will regret trading Teddy B. Or letting him get away.

Drew Brees is a super human being.....he had family fight in the wars. I get his position. So kneeling is the only option now because a ignorant, racist cop went nuts?

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

i agree, especially on veteran teams.

Bigrunner

EOG Master
Drew Brees is a super human being.....he had family fight in the wars. I get his position. So kneeling is the only option now because a ignorant, racist cop went nuts?

Fuck what Drew Brees has to say. Kneeling isn't disrespecting the flag. Why would Drew Brees pick and choose? President Piece of Shit uses the flag as a prop in a photo op is way more disrespectful than taking a knee during the national anthem. BTW, most of us but the Trump's have had family members serve the country.

Trump hugging the American Flag in a photo op is one of the most disrespectful things imaginable and that I've witnessed. Right up there with placing the American Flag on a national stage side by side with the Kim Jung Un flag, for the world to see.

Wow Heim? You're pretty sad to turn a blind eye to some of the most disrespectful things Trump has used the American Flag for. Shame on Drew Brees for also turning a blind eye!

kane

EOG master
Who cares if a football player takes a knee during the Anthem, if it upsets you to see it, then change the channel and go back two minutes later

MonkeyF0cker

EOG Dedicated
It doesn't bother me but it might bother others.

If everyone else, like announcers, are supposed to tip-toe around what they say and can't say things like, "All lives matter", then why should NFL players get carte blanche on what they get to do or say?

Who cares if a football player takes a knee during the Anthem, if it upsets you to see it, then change the channel and go back two minutes later
Because it's disrespectful to the Nation. They know they are pissing people off but don't care.

Bigrunner

EOG Master
Probably not the best business decision to let your players make political statements using your business as a platform.

Self-defeating. And when is the line drawn?

Why is taking a knee a political statement? Trump disrespecting the flag by hugging it and using it as a prop for a photo op is definitely a political statement. Come on guys, I'm running circles around you.

Raiders says he loves Trump for looting millions from charity and students. Then he says the current looters should all be tear gassed.

Fair Warning says the protesters should be arrested for curfew violations but he complains about Dems arresting law abiding church goers. Slobadan spewing nonsense and than he post a statement from Far Right Wing political hack Ted Cruz and claims Ted just nailed it. Slobadan you are funny!

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Probably not the best business decision to let your players make political statements using your business as a platform.

Self-defeating. And when is the line drawn?
Good question: I have seen a decent amount of people demanding businesses to make an official stance on this. The same people are trying to stage boycotts of businesses who won’t comply. These people can fuck off. The other group that is really annoying now are the ones that are going far out of their way to support the blacks. I give these frauds two weeks tops.

MonkeyF0cker

EOG Dedicated
Why is taking a knee a political statement? Trump disrespecting the flag by hugging it and using it as a prop for a photo op is definitely a political statement. Come on guys, I'm running circles around you.

Raiders says he loves Trump for looting millions from charity and students. Then he says the current looters should all be tear gassed.

Fair Warning says the protesters should be arrested for curfew violations but he complains about Dems arresting law abiding church goers. Slobadan spewing nonsense and than he post a statement from Far Right Wing political hack Ted Cruz and claims Ted just nailed it. Slobadan you are funny!

LOL. You're so fucking stupid.

Heim

EOG Master
Fuck what Drew Brees has to say. Kneeling isn't disrespecting the flag. Why would Drew Brees pick and choose? President Piece of Shit uses the flag as a prop in a photo op is way more disrespectful than taking a knee during the national anthem. BTW, most of us but the Trump's have had family members serve the country.

Trump hugging the American Flag in a photo op is one of the most disrespectful things imaginable and that I've witnessed. Right up there with placing the American Flag on a national stage side by side with the Kim Jung Un flag, for the world to see.

Wow Heim? You're pretty sad to turn a blind eye to some of the most disrespectful things Trump has used the American Flag for. Shame on Drew Brees for also turning a blind eye!

I don't get what Trump has to do with Brees. I support Trump's position on immigration only. His little jaunt the other day to the local church was a complete joke. He's just getting bad advice. Brees OTOH is far from racist and understands what taking a knee means. He just chooses to think it's
disrespectful. This guy was on the show Undercover Boss. He is part owner of some sports bars down there. He gave 5k to a black employee and sat
and talked to him how much he appreciated his work. He does have compassion, Trump has none.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

I don’t remember saying about arresting anyone for curfew violations. Having one is far better than the NYC model, but you probably liked that one.

MonkeyF0cker

EOG Dedicated
Good question: I have seen a decent amount of people demanding businesses to make an official stance on this. The same people are trying to stage boycotts of businesses who won’t comply. These people can fuck off. The other group that is really annoying now are the ones that are going far out of their way to support the blacks. I give these frauds two weeks tops.

It's all lip service. That's what's so pointless about all of it. If anyone ACTUALLY wants change, they should be going down to their city council meetings and being active in their community.

Bigrunner

EOG Master
I don't get what Trump has to do with Brees. I support Trump's position on immigration only. His little jaunt the other day to the local church was a complete joke. He's just getting bad advice. Brees OTOH is far from racist and understands what taking a knee means. He just chooses to think it's
disrespectful. This guy was on the show Undercover Boss. He is part owner of some sports bars down there. He gave 5k to a black employee and sat
and talked to him how much he appreciated his work. He does have compassion, Trump has none.

If you don't get what President Trump using the flag as a prop in photo ops has to do with Drew Brees complaining that players kneeling during the anthem is disrespectful you have a serious problem. Trump hugging the flag and using it as a prop in photo ops to make political statements is way more disrespectful to the flag. But I guess I'm the only one that sees this hypocrisy. Oh well. Those photo ops where Trump had the US Flag flying side by side with the North Korean flag, one of the most inhumane counties in the world, for the world to see was totally disrespect to the flag and to the nation. It was a stunt and the flag was a prop.

Right wing idiots just don't get something so basic and simple. Oh well I'm running circles around them!

kane

EOG master

The idea to have him pose in front of the church was Ivanka's according to reports, terrible idea and terrible optics

boston massacre

EOG Master

FUCK What You have to say.

Police Officer.

Football Player.

2 Different Professions.

Don't Mix that Shit Together.

You Anti-American Antifa Twat.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
If you don't get what President Trump using the flag as a prop in photo ops has to do with Drew Brees complaining that players kneeling during the anthem is disrespectful you have a serious problem. Trump hugging the flag and using it as a prop in photo ops to make political statements is way more disrespectful to the flag. But I guess I'm the only one that sees this hypocrisy. Oh well. Those photo ops where Trump had the US Flag flying side by side with the North Korean flag, one of the most inhumane counties in the world, for the world to see was totally disrespect to the flag and to the nation. It was a stunt and the flag was a prop.

Right wing idiots just don't get something so basic and simple. Oh well I'm running circles around them!
Yes I saw it and actually agree with your point. I’m not going to post it over two years though. Tell us again about Trump and charities, we haven’t heard it enough.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
Instead of kneeling (or at least in addition) where are they? Now would be a good time to be out in the community trying to make a difference.....

I'm sure a few are, I just don't see the massive effort from the committed athletes who felt so strongly on these issues during the season.

Bigrunner

EOG Master
This should be in the post about good things thread. (y)

Wow. Markets on a nice run. Its up 30% over the last 3.5 years after being up 200% the previous 8 years. And I think Trump and former Wall Street lobbyist have used every short tool to keep the Wall Street crooks happy. I think 5 to 10 trillion liquid has been used to keep wall Street a float. I can't imagine this ending well. But stock markets way to complicated for most. I just known trillions and trillions have been funnelled to Wall Street via the Fed and Treasury. Accounting for the 9% annual gain over the last 3.5 years. Very pathetic.

Last edited:

TheGuesser

EOG Dedicated
Wow. Markets on a nice run. Its up 30% over the last 3.5 years after being up 200% the previous 8 years. And I think Trump and former Wall Street lobbyist have used every short tool to keep the Wall Street crooks happy. I think 5 to 10 trillion liquid has been used to keep wall Street a float. I can't imagine this ending well. But stock markets way to complicated for most. I just known trillions and trillions have been funnelled to Wall Street via the Fed and Treasury. Accounting for the 9% annual gain over the last 3.5 years. Very pathetic.
I agree with all that, but as a holder of lots of mutual fund $$$, I'm just glad that my 35% losses of a month or 2 ago, have been pared to about 10%. And I'm getting money out on the spikes so that when it collapses again, and it will, as the actual underlying economy is and will be in shamble for the foreseeable future, at least I'll have protected my money. People like Billy were smart enough to get 100% out before 2020. I'm taking gradual steps to join him.