Is the Right sick?? Watch this interview w/Coutler

Doc Mercer

EOG Master
Coulter on 9/11 Widows: ?I Have Never Seen People Enjoying their Husbands? Death So Much?

In her new book, ?Godless,? right-wing pundit Ann Coulter writes of the 9/11 widows:
These broads are millionaires, lionized on TV and in articles about them, reveling in their status as celebrities and stalked by grief-arazzies. I have never seen people enjoying their husbands? death so much.
She was confronted about the statement this morning by NBC?s Matt Lauer. Coulter accused Lauer of ?getting testy.? Watch it:
Full Transcript:
LAUER: Do you believe everything in the book or do you put some things in there just to cater to your base?
ANN: No, of course I believe everything.
LAUER: On the 9-11 widows, an in particular a group that had been critical of the administration: ?These self-obsessed women seem genuinely unaware that 9-11 was an attack on our nation and acted like as if the terrorist attack only happened to them. They believe the entire country was required to marinate in their exquisite personal agony. Apparently, denouncing bush was part of the closure process.? And this part is the part I really need to talk to you about: ?These broads are millionaires, lionized on TV and in articles about them, reveling in their status as celebrities and stalked by griefparrazies. I have never seen people enjoying their husband?s death so much.? Because they dare to speak out?
COULTER: To speak out using the fact they are widows. This is the left?s doctrine of infallibility. If they have a point to make about the 9-11 commission, about how to fight the war on terrorism, how about sending in somebody we are allowed to respond to. No. No. No. We have to respond to someone who had a family member die. Because then if we respond, oh you are questioning their authenticity.
LAUER: So grieve but grieve quietly?
COULTER: No, the story is an attack on the nation. That requires a foreign policy response.
LAUER: By the way, they also criticized the Clinton administration.
COULTER: Not the ones I am talking about. No, no, no.
LAUER: Yeah they have.
COULTER: Oh no, no, no, no, no. They were cutting commercials for Kerry. They were using their grief to make a political point while preventing anyone from responding.
LAUER: So if you lose a husband, you no longer have the right to have a political point of view?
COULTER: No, but don?t use the fact that you lost a husband as the basis for being able to talk about, while preventing people from responding. Let Matt Lauer make the point. Let Bill Clinton make the point. Don?t put up someone I am not allowed to respond to without questioning the authenticity of their grief.
LAUER: Well apparently you are allowed to respond to them.
COULTER: Yeah, I did.
LAUER: So, in other words.
COULTER: That is the point of liberal infallibility. Of putting up Cindy Sheehan, of putting out these widows, of putting out Joe Wilson. No, no, no. You can?t respond. It?s their doctrine of infallibility. Have someone else make the argument then.
LAUER: What I?m saying is I don?t think they have ever told you, you can?t respond.
COULTER: Look, you are getting testy with me.
LAUER: No. I think it?s a dramatic statement. These broads are millionaires stalked by stalked by griefparrazies? I have never seen people enjoying their husband?s deaths so much.
COULTER: Yes, they are all over the news.
LAUER: The book is called ?Godless: The Church of Liberalism.? Ann Coulter, always fun to have you here.

What is sad is that while you may be right, she is no more than an equivalent counterpart to you on the Right.

You guys say shit way worse than she does every single day.

What makes you any better?

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master
Shortbus said:
What is sad is that while you may be right, she is no more than an equivalent counterpart to you on the Right.

You guys say shit way worse than she does every single day.

What makes you any better?
She belittles common hardworking folk everyday - I would never do that. She is disgusting. I try to stay with the political leaders who as celebrities are fair game, I believe. Show us where I have done as she has. Every day? This ought to be good because it's impossible!

maybe I shouldn't have lumped you all together, but the latest thing I can remember is Doc's criticism of Barbara Bush...she can hardly be considered relevant to todays political world.

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master
Shortbus said:
maybe I shouldn't have lumped you all together, but the latest thing I can remember is Doc's criticism of Barbara Bush...she can hardly be considered relevant to todays political world.
Unless you blame her for Junya! Who knows - maybe it was the mailman? That way at least I could like the old man again.

Doc Mercer

EOG Master
Shortbus:

I posted Grannie Bush's disgusting comments ....

MFers from the Right are full of shit to say the least ... I remember Hume of FOX telling families burying soldiers to "get over it" and immediately the jackasses from the Right jumped in and said he "was taken out of context"

Doc Mercer

EOG Master
[SIZE=+1] Statement of September 11th Advocates Response to ?Godless? [/SIZE]

Statement of September 11th Advocates
Response to "Godless"

We did not choose to become widowed on September 11, 2001. The attack, which tore our families apart and destroyed our former lives, caused us to ask some serious questions regarding the systems that our country has in place to protect its citizens. Through our constant research, we came to learn how the protocols were supposed to have worked. Thus, we asked for an independent commission to investigate the loopholes which obviously existed and allowed us to be so utterly vulnerable to terrorists. Our only motivation ever was to make our Nation safer. Could we learn from this tragedy so that it would not be repeated?

We are forced to respond to Ms. Coulter?s accusations to set the record straight because we have been slandered.

Contrary to Ms. Coulter?s statements, there was no joy in watching men that we loved burn alive. There was no happiness in telling our children that their fathers were never coming home again. We adored these men and miss them every day.

It is in their honor and memory, that we will once again refocus the Nation?s attention to the real issues at hand: our lack of security, leadership and progress in the five years since 9/11.

We are continuously reminded that we are still a nation at risk. Therefore, the following is a partial list of areas still desperately in need of attention and public outcry. We should continuously be holding the feet of our elected officials to the fire to fix these shortcomings.

1. Homeland Security Funding based on risk. Inattention to this area causes police officers, firefighters and other emergency/first responder personnel to be ill equipped in emergencies. Fixing this will save lives on the day of the next attack. <script><!-- D(["mb","
n
n2. *Intelligence Community Oversight. *Without proper oversight, there exists no one joint, bicameral intelligence panel with power to both authorize and appropriate funding for intelligence activities. *Without such funding we are unable to capitalize on all intelligence community resources and abilities to thwart potential terrorist attacks. *Fixing this will save lives on the day of the next attack.
n
n3. *Transportation Security. *There has been no concerted effort to harden mass transportation security. *Our planes, buses, subways, and railways remain under-protected and highly vulnerable. These are all identifiable soft targets of potential terrorist attack. *The terror attacks in Spain and London attest to this fact. *Fixing our transportation systems may save lives on the day of the next attack.
n
n4. *Information Sharing among Intelligence Agencies. *Information sharing among intelligence agencies has not improved since 9/11. *The attacks on 9/11 could have been prevented had information been shared among intelligence agencies. *On the day of the next attack, more lives may be saved if our intelligence agencies work together. *
n
n5. *Loose Nukes. *A concerted effort has not been made to secure the thousands of loose nukes scattered around the world ? particularly in the former Soviet Union. *Securing these loose nukes could make it less likely for a terrorist group to use this method in an attack, thereby saving lives.
n
n6. *Security at Chemical Plants, Nuclear Plants, Ports. *We must, as a nation, secure these known and identifiable soft targets of Terrorism. *Doing so will save many lives. *
n
n7. *Border Security. *We continue to have porous borders and INS and Customs systems in shambles. *We need a concerted effort to integrate our border security into the larger national security apparatus.
n
n8. *Civil Liberties Oversight Board. *Given the President?s NSA Surveillance Program and the re-instatement of the Patriot Act, this Nation is in dire need of a Civil Liberties Oversight Board to insure that a proper balance is found between national security versus the protection of our constitutional rights.",1] ); //--></script>

2. Intelligence Community Oversight. Without proper oversight, there exists no one joint, bicameral intelligence panel with power to both authorize and appropriate funding for intelligence activities. Without such funding we are unable to capitalize on all intelligence community resources and abilities to thwart potential terrorist attacks. Fixing this will save lives on the day of the next attack.

3. Transportation Security. There has been no concerted effort to harden mass transportation security. Our planes, buses, subways, and railways remain under-protected and highly vulnerable. These are all identifiable soft targets of potential terrorist attack. The terror attacks in Spain and London attest to this fact. Fixing our transportation systems may save lives on the day of the next attack.

4. Information Sharing among Intelligence Agencies. Information sharing among intelligence agencies has not improved since 9/11. The attacks on 9/11 could have been prevented had information been shared among intelligence agencies. On the day of the next attack, more lives may be saved if our intelligence agencies work together.

5. Loose Nukes. A concerted effort has not been made to secure the thousands of loose nukes scattered around the world ? particularly in the former Soviet Union. Securing these loose nukes could make it less likely for a terrorist group to use this method in an attack, thereby saving lives.

6. Security at Chemical Plants, Nuclear Plants, Ports. We must, as a nation, secure these known and identifiable soft targets of Terrorism. Doing so will save many lives.

7. Border Security. We continue to have porous borders and INS and Customs systems in shambles. We need a concerted effort to integrate our border security into the larger national security apparatus.

8. Civil Liberties Oversight Board. Given the President?s NSA Surveillance Program and the re-instatement of the Patriot Act, this Nation is in dire need of a Civil Liberties Oversight Board to insure that a proper balance is found between national security versus the protection of our constitutional rights. <script><!-- D(["mb","
n\n
nn### nnn
n*
nSeptember 11th Advocates
n
Kristen Breitweiser ******************************<WBR>**************************
nPatty Casazza ******************************<WBR>******************************<WBR>***************************
nMonica Gabrielle
nMindy Kleinberg
nLorie Van Auken
n
n
nn

</div> </div>n\nn\n</div>",0] ); D(["ce"]); //--></script>

###

September 11th Advocates
Kristen Breitweiser <wbr>
Patty Casazza <wbr> <wbr>
Monica Gabrielle
Mindy Kleinberg
Lorie Van Auken

<table border="0" cellpadding="10" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td>
</td></tr></tbody></table>

Doc Mercer

EOG Master
Flipping thru cable ...

Good for Alan Colmes ... he would not take shit from Hannity who did a ONE ON ONE INTERVIEW WITH COULTER

WHAT A POS ... MF COULTER GOES AFTER FOLKS WHO LOST FOLKS ON 9-11

Doc Mercer

EOG Master
Olbermann slams Coulter: Shameless

The title tells it all.
Video-WMP Video-QT
(Transcript by Lynne)
Olbermann: Honestly, if you were Ann Coulter's attorney at a sanity hearing where could you possibly start? Our #2 story on the Countdown, eclipsing even Bill O'Reilly and Malmedy, the Connecticut Screech has continued her assault on 9/11 widows. After calling them "witches who acted as if the terrorist attacks happened only to them" she has now told Reuters news that they are, quote, "professional victims." All as part of the promotion of a book in which she claims *liberals* are, quote, "godless."

[Today Show interview tape]

Let's return to *this* planet. To recap Coulter's argument: The wives of those who died in the worst attack in this nation's history enjoyed their husband's deaths and profited off them, they have politicized 9/11, their positions as widows immunize them from any criticism or debate over their opinions. All of this stated by a commentator much of whose income in the last four and a half years has derived from *her* speeches and writings about the deaths of those same men on 9/11. All this stated by a commentator who has staunchly, repeatedly, and enthusiastically defended an administration that began to politicize 9/11 within a month of the nightmare and has never paused for a moment since. All of this stated by a commentator who has called those who have criticized her and her party "un-American" and now, "godless." All of this stated by a commentator who is bitching that these 9/11 widows can't be criticized while she is writing a book and going on TV and venomously criticizing them. <script><!-- D(["mb","
n
n[Tucker Carlson ninterview tape, ending with Coulter saying, "these women got paid, they ought to ntake their money and shut up about it."]
n
nThe way Ann Coulter nalways does when she's criticized.
n
nMs. Coulter's walk non the swaying tightrope of her own emotional stability did not end there. nIn her book she also wrote, "And by the way, how do we know their husbands nweren't planning to divorce these harpies? Now that their shelf life is ndwindling, they'd better hurry up and appear in nPlayboy..."
n
nAppearing in nPlayboy and getting divorced -- neither of those being scenarios that Ann nCoulter is ever going to have to deal with in *her* life.
n
nFive of the most npolitically active 9/11 widows, including Kristen Breitweiser and Laurie Van nAulken, have responded in a written statement.
n",1] ); //--></script> </span>

[Tucker Carlson interview tape, ending with Coulter saying, "these women got paid, they ought to take their money and shut up about it."]

The way Ann Coulter always does when she's criticized.

Ms. Coulter's walk on the swaying tightrope of her own emotional stability did not end there. In her book she also wrote, "And by the way, how do we know their husbands weren't planning to divorce these harpies? Now that their shelf life is dwindling, they'd better hurry up and appear in Playboy..."

Appearing in Playboy and getting divorced -- neither of those being scenarios that Ann Coulter is ever going to have to deal with in *her* life.

Five of the most politically active 9/11 widows, including Kristen Breitweiser and Lorie Van Auken, have responded in a written statement.
<script><!-- D(["mb","
n[Statement nshown]
n
nAnd lastly, back to nmy allusion about having to defend Ann Coulter in a sanity hearing, that was ninappropriate -- because it was insufficient. Imagine, in fact, defending nher on Judgment Day -- and trying to find her soul.
n
</div>n**************************
Lynne nNuibe
[EMAIL="lynne@nuibe.com"]lynne@nuibe.com[/EMAIL]
www.nuibe.com/lynne
</div>n\n</div>",0] ); D(["ce"]); //--></script>
</p> [Statement shown]

And lastly, back to my allusion about having to defend Ann Coulter in a sanity hearing, that was inappropriate -- because it was insufficient. Imagine, in fact, defending her on Judgment Day -- and trying to find her soul.

Saying this one person's one time blunder represents the entire "right" is just as unfair as using some of Al Sharpton's comments against the left, cmon Doc, you are smarter than that

Doc Mercer

EOG Master
ONE TIME BLUNDER?

She is dusgusting and best part??? Hannity seems to agree with her commentaries

Coulter has made a living out of lies and personal attacks on others and it
is that bullshit "Liberals love terrorists" crap as to why this country is
so divided right now

Doc Mercer

EOG Master
Romanowski ... of course

BOTH SIDES have good folks

This attack was way off the board and if Franken had made these comments Hannity and Limbaugh would have blown a fuse

Damn ... she is really classless and the Dems need to get smart and run with this align her commentaries with the GOP and get nasty if they plan on success in November as the only way to win right now vs the Rove Nazi Propaganda machinery is by rolling up the sleeves and reminding folks about the wonderful "Morally Superior" GOPers

Saying this one person's one time blunder represents the entire "right" is just as unfair as using some of Al Sharpton's comments against the left, cmon Doc, you are smarter than that

u are giving him way too much credit romo
<!-- / message -->

NO UNLIKE YOU I CAN ADMIT WHEN A PERSON IN MY PARTY CROSSES THE LINE..
YOU WOULD SPIN IT TO BEING A REPUBLICANS FAULT

gopherbob

EOG Dedicated
she got exactly what she wanted, hours of free primetime publicity for her new book and maybe a couple extra 50k a pop speaking engagements.
if you don't agree with her, just don't listen. if she's on tv, just change the
channel, if you see her book, don't buy it. but by talking about how outrageous she is, you're just adding to her free publicity. she is a cartoon character, she doesn't believe half the stuff that she says, but the outrageous she becomes, the more money she gets. she is one of the people that profits from our political polarity, there are many from both sides;
rush, michael moore, sean hannity, bill maher, etc.

Doc Mercer

EOG Master
KTB: You can call em what you want and that is ok ...

I DONT ATTACK VETS AND FOLKS THAT HAVE LOST KIDS OR SPOUSES

Dont throw me in with her bullshit

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master
gopherbob said:
she got exactly what she wanted, hours of free primetime publicity for her new book and maybe a couple extra 50k a pop speaking engagements.
if you don't agree with her, just don't listen. if she's on tv, just change the
channel, if you see her book, don't buy it. but by talking about how outrageous she is, you're just adding to her free publicity. she is a cartoon character, she doesn't believe half the stuff that she says, but the outrageous she becomes, the more money she gets. she is one of the people that profits from our political polarity, there are many from both sides;
rush, michael moore, sean hannity, bill maher, etc.
Welcome aboard GB! Do you think the RW will follow you over here? LOL!