The 2020 MLB season

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Limited travel during the 60-game MLB season.

Looks like 40 of the 60 games will be within the division with the other 20 games against teams from the same division in the other league (AL East v NL East, AL Central v NL Central and AL West v NL West).

Play ball!

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
I hope that extra innings rule with a runner at second and one out is only for this season. Expect a lot of run line visitor bets to be back-doored.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
How do you figure runners help an under?

Now a home run in extras almost guarantees 2 runs.
Due to the strategy.

Runner on 2nd with no outs means the lead off batter is going to bunt him to third.

Now runner on third with one out means a sac fly or ground out gets that run in .

The idea of a big inning has some of the air taken out if it.

MonkeyF0cker

EOG Dedicated
Due to the strategy.

Runner on 2nd with no outs means the lead off batter is going to bunt him to third.

Now runner on third with one out means a sac fly or ground out gets that run in .

You think that changes for the bottom of the inning? Putting free runners in scoring position never helps an under.

kane

EOG master
Due to the strategy.

Not necessasarily, it depends on who's batting and who's on deck, years ago I would agree with you, in today's game the batter is more likely to swing away I think

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
Not necessasarily, it depends on who's batting and who's on deck, years ago I would agree with you, in today's game the batter is more likely to swing away I think
The facts are that if a lead off batter got on bunting him over to second actually lowers your win percentage.

Bunting a runner from 2nd to 3rd with no outs increases your win percentage.

Take notice which managers fk this up for live betting situations.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
You think that changes for the bottom of the inning? Putting free runners in scoring position never helps an under.
Second guessing myself.

Runner on 3rd with one out is going to bring the infield in some.

Plus the pitcher facing a minimum of 3 batters could have favorable situations for the offense.

Ill have my thoughts but wont be rigid in my thinking to change quickly.

kane

EOG master
The facts are that if a lead off batter got on bunting him over to second actually lowers your win percentage.

Bunting a runner from 2nd to 3rd with no outs increases your win percentage.

Take notice which managers fk this up for live betting situations.

Like I said, it depends on who's batting, if Giancarlo Stanton is up with a runner on second and no outs, you're bunting him? Would you bunt with Mike Trout in that spot? A lot of factors go into weather or not a bunt is called for. Also, you're just assuming the bunt will work, as often as not the guy bunting pops it up, especially if it's a guy not used to laying one down

kane

EOG master
Second guessing myself.

Runner on 3rd with one out is going to bring the infield in some.

Plus the pitcher facing a minimum of 3 batters could have favorable situations for the offense.

Ill have my thoughts but wont be rigid in my thinking to change quickly.

Again, it depends on who's hitting and who's pitching, many times a team will walk the bases loaded in that spot

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Women's college softball has employed the rule (a runner on second to start extra innings) for many years.

The ninth hitter in the batting order (player who made the last out) is placed on second base.

Are designated pinch-runners allowed?

Bring back Herb Washington!

Wouldn't it be great to see Usain Bolt rounding third and coming home with the game-winning run?

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
Like I said, it depends on who's batting, if Giancarlo Stanton is up with a runner on second and no outs, you're bunting him? Would you bunt with Mike Trout in that spot? A lot of factors go into weather or not a bunt is called for. Also, you're just assuming the bunt will work, as often as not the guy bunting pops it up, especially if it's a guy not used to laying one down
Ok i didnt think you needed to go to those examples. Those are the exceptions.

waco

EOG Dedicated
Here is a very interesting prop at the Wesrgate:
MOST COMPLETE GAMES AS A PITCHER
O 1.5. + 330
U 1.5. - 400

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
30 man rosters will further discourage these odds. Fun prop on the over given its a better than 3 to 1 take back.

Last edited:

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
Everything is going to be weird to witness. Cant imagine betting big money on any of this shit. Its going to get interesting when a player gets covid or his entire family one day and decides to leave the team.

skinny

EOG Addicted
It will be interesting to see if the hatred for the Astro's still exists.
That was the big storyline during spring training, how many Astro players were going to get thrown at. I believe some sports books even put out props on that.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Would have been a great time for some sort of a one-off MLB tournament.

You preserve the legitimacy of the World Series and treat the season separate from seasons past.

Hell, everyone involved could take a reduced payday and then donate most of the proceeds to charity.

The fans no doubt would have supported the charity idea.

It's a much better look than millionaire players and billionaire owners arguing over a limited pot in these crazy times.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
i am hoping MLB &NBA plays, gives us some hope the NFL plays.

I think the chances the NHL plays are much better than these 2. There is a lot of contact in the NHL but players are covered in equipment from head to toe - except for their legs. I also think you will see almost all - if not 100% - of players wearing a FULL ace shield as opposed to just a visor.

MrTop

EOG Master
I think the chances the NHL plays are much better than these 2. There is a lot of contact in the NHL but players are covered in equipment from head to toe - except for their legs. I also think you will see almost all - if not 100% - of players wearing a FULL ace shield as opposed to just a visor.

but no mask

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
The sports that are going to succeed are the ones played outside.

Covid 19 is destroyed by sunlight.

The nhl and nba are going to have serious problems in playing inside.

Covid 19 will shut these sports down as the cases of players being infected isnt going to stop.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
The sports that are going to succeed are the ones played outside.

Covid 19 is destroyed by sunlight.

The nhl and nba are going to have serious problems in playing inside.

Covid 19 will shut these sports down as the cases of players being infected isnt going to stop.
Personally I thing all team sports will have a problem.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Due to the strategy.

Teams can also walk the batter, setting up a chance at a double play.