Nathan's hot dog eating contest 2020

TonyMar

EOG Dedicated
Chestnut -1300 to win,.. too pricey for me.

Maybe take a play on the Under 72.5 hot dogs eaten +120.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
I won't bet it because this contest no longer exists in my mind. That might change on Nov 3 but right now this contest is one I don't pay any attention to of any kind.

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
Why Under ? age factor of chestnut?
No competitor a stone's throw near him. Easily the second best competitor is 15 dogs behind. Sure the satisfaction of breaking your own record is always tempting, but with the event taking place indoors and no crowd to feed off of, he'd still likely down 70 and cruise to a comfortable win without having to reverse his fortune thereafter.

MrTop

EOG Master
No competitor a stone's throw near him. Easily the second best competitor is 15 dogs behind. Sure the satisfaction of breaking your own record is always tempting, but with the event taking place indoors and no crowd to feed off of, he'd still likely down 70 and cruise to a comfortable win without having to reverse his fortune thereafter.

good point jimmy.

Valuist

EOG Master
Why Under ? age factor of chestnut?

Lack of preps. Chestnut already the record holder. Why risk possible bad side effects just to run up a big margin? Chestnut has already expressed concerns about the air conditioning having a negative effect, as the hot dogs could be luke warm, instead of hot. Also no crowd to spur him on.

blueline

EOG Master
in this he says the air conditioning could be a positive :

Joey Chestnut, who has won the Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest on 12 occasions, told TMZ Sports recently that he's looking to breaking his own world record with the conditions being a little more favorable.

"There's a little bit of a bonus 'cause we're gonna be eating in air conditioning and they're less eaters, so they're making less hot dogs so they might taste better," Chestnut said. "There's a good chance that we might have better conditions for a world record and I'ma be pushing for it."

Since 1972, the majority of the contests have been held at the corner of Surf and Stillwell Avenues, where the original Nathan's location stands. The 2020 edition will be the 104th installment of the popular eating competition.

Chestnut has a point. Sweat won't be pouring down his face like it normally is outside during the contest, so maybe he'll be a tad more comfortable inside the air conditioning.

jimmythegreek

I mean I wouldn't put it past him to achieve it, but right around the 4:00 mark or so there's the noticeable signs of slowing down and the dogs per minute plunges. The human body could consume only so much food, quite specifically one with a shitload of fat, sodium and preservatives. Dunking the bun and meat into water alone is gross to begin with if you ask me.

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!
I like the overs here because of the cooler temperatures. It's exhausting in that 90 degree heat they usually eat at where as today's event is in a controlled temp setting.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
Joey was -1250 favorite.

this should have been a value play.

-1250 favorite equates to about a -15.5 point spread.

Joey ate 75 dogs.

The second-place dude ate 42.

Joey was talking about going for the record pregame so the second-place person had to be in the 59.5 range to "cover" the spread.

Never a chance.

I thought sharps bet numbers?

Seems like this was a gift.

jimmythegreek

As soon as I saw Miki break the women's record and Joey downing 12 in the first minute, I had a feeling unders would be in trouble. Still, he considerably slowed down late but the record and over tickets were well deserved.

Valuist

EOG Master
You are wrong way more than you are right....and you seem to present yourself as an expert on many topics.

Oh really, who are you and what have you ever contributed to anything? If you want to have a 1 on 1 handicapping contest when real sports come back, bring it on.