Officially change the name registered with the NFL as the "Redskin Potatoes"

Get some sort of potato like mascot

Keep all the merch of Redskins

As that is just shortened version of the name

bomzee

EOG Dedicated
Are the democrats going to force
The Chicago WHITE Sox
And the Boston RED Sox to change their name too ?

blueline

EOG Master
"If we get it done it time for the season, it would be awesome," Rivera told the newspaper Saturday. "We came up with a couple of names -- two of them I really like."

The former Carolina Panthers head coach, who was hired by the Redskins in January, said it's important that a new team name respects Native American traditions and culture, while also paying tribute to the military.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Can all this madness possibly help Biden and the democrats in November.
I think not.

I will simply say this..............I don't think this will impact the election in any way unless either candidate is dumb enough to say they think the name should stay the same - and neither is that stupid.

Foresthill

EOG Addicted
they did have a say 9 in 10 were not offended.

How about a source for this assertion?

Also, notice
It's a pejorative used way back in the day to describe and dehumanize Native Americans so white settlers could justify killing them, and then take the natives land. Hey, how about paying for the land, and, if they don't want to sell, tough.

That's history. I really don't care what uninformed current Native Americans think. That's not the point. If in their ignorance they are fine being called a pejorative that's their problem. But there is no denying the history I site in post #25 in this thread. Let's respect all people and learn from the mistakes of history instead of repeating that history. And, at the same time debunk illogical arguments.

Foresthill

EOG Addicted
overlooking the obvious - ''washington'' itself is offensive.

No it's not. Washington's praised not because he was a slave owner, but despite it.

He was praised in history as President for putting the Nation's interest first, not his own, and setting a positive example for how President's should act.

Last edited:

Foresthill

EOG Addicted
if you want the biggest warmonger of all time vote for kamala. trump has kept us out of more wars than any president in 100 yrs

First, I have news for you. Kamala lost, she's not going to be the nominee.

Second and way more important. In the history of U. S. Presidents, Jimmy Carter's presidency had ZERO combat casualties. Carter's is the only one. Trump's is not even close to zero casualties.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
No it's not. Washington's praised not because he was a slave owner, but despite it.

He was praised in history as President for putting the Nation's interest first, not his own and setting a positive example for how President's should act.
If Duckworth is the VP, she is open to the possibility of removing all George Washington statues. That, and the defund the police movement are two big obsticles.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
I will simply say this..............I don't think this will impact the election in any way unless either candidate is dumb enough to say they think the name should stay the same - and neither is that stupid.

Didn't take long to be proven wrong

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Foresthill

EOG Addicted
Is Chiefs any better than Redskins or Mohicans or Iroquois?

Redskins is a pejorative as explained in Posts #25 and #93 of this thread.

The other three are not. The Mohicans is the name of a Native American tribe and the Iroquois is the name of a Native American confederacy comprising five tribes, known as the Five nations -- the Mohawk, Onondaga , Oneida, Cayuga, Senaca. Later, when another tribe was added it became known as the Six Nations. Chiefs would not be as it's a term for a leader, similar to presidents.

Source: Wikipedia

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Redskins is a pejorative as explained in Posts #25 and #93 of this thread.

The other three are not. The Mohicans is the name of a Native American tribe and the Iroquois is the name of a Native American confederacy comprising five tribes, known as the Five nations -- the Mohawk, Onondaga , Oneida, Cayuga, Senaca. Later, when another tribe was added it became known as the Six Nations. Chiefs would not be as it's a term for a leader, similar to presidents.

Source: Wikipedia
I agree with you about the Chiefs, but I hear a lot of complaints about that name. The warriors would be more offensive IMO. I'm a little surprised there hasn't been more talk about Golden State. I guess its who the sponsors want these days.

TonyMar

EOG Dedicated
They want to get Rid of Indians.

Didn't They Fight The Cowboys ?

Murderers.

Jerry's Team Offensive.

March, Demonstrate, Protest.

Cowboy Lives Matter.

That is right.

See ya Cowboys.

Also, bye bye Steelers. That is racist to you know according to the leftist libtard freaks.

Many blacks could not cut it in that industry.
Hurt feelings.

boston massacre

EOG Master
That is right.

See ya Cowboys.

Also, bye bye Steelers. That is racist to you know according to the leftist libtard freaks.

Many blacks could not cut it in that industry.
Hurt feelings.

Leftist Libtard Freaks.

That Will Never Change.

When You See Disease Carrying Flakes.

You Call Them That.