Miami Marlins Clubhouse Infected...Home opener cancelled

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Wish I was holding a Marlins Under win total ticket, if they continue playing God only knows what their lineup will look like
Chances are it would be void as they will never get their games in. I was hoping my book would offer O/U winning percentage instead of wins, and place a minimum number of games played - say 48-50 games.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
No talk about season shutdown

Imo Atl who played the Marlins 21st and 22nd who then played the Mets
Now Mets in Boston and Atl in Tampa so u can see how fast this can get outta control
Cubs play the Reds this week, the Reds have had their own COVID issues.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
I am calm but sometimes when you really think about what's going on you start to panic. Its much bigger than baseball. You have to think about everybody else including family members, hotel staff and guests, other teams including the Phillies. Why are they even playing? Is this a corona circus? Explain to me how football happens? Would you convince me things will go as planned?

You want to keep playing because of greed and money, fine. But dont recklessly infect others.

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
Season for now will go on but now there's talk of Yankees/Phillies possibly postponed for Tuesday night as well. Yankees were informed that visitor clubhouse was meticulously disinfected after Marlins series concluded.

mr merlin

EOG Master
I am calm but sometimes when you really think about what's going on you start to panic. Its much bigger than baseball. You have to think about everybody else including family members, hotel staff and guests, other teams including the Phillies. Why are they even playing? Is this a corona circus? Explain to me how football happens? Would you convince me things will go as planned?

You want to keep playing because of greed and money, fine. But dont recklessly infect others.
Weak people panic, stop being weak. You ask how can they play, you play, that's how. The PGA is letting players that still test positive play, apparently in the PGA they use science, not fear to guide their decisions.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
Ad revenue though. Greedy mofos.

When you look at Freddie Freeman you can tell it took its toll on him. Many just want to remain optimistic or completely ignore the fact America wont be the same again for quite some time.

Maybe I should get into the cocaine business and destroy communities further. At this point anything goes.

kane

EOG master
Chances are it would be void as they will never get their games in. I was hoping my book would offer O/U winning percentage instead of wins, and place a minimum number of games played - say 48-50 games.

MLB could force them to use minor leaguers to get through the season, I guess we'll see what happens

mr merlin

EOG Master
MLB could force them to use minor leaguers to get through the season, I guess we'll see what happens
it'll only be 10 days -2 weeks, and they'll be healthy when it happens to a different team later, they might catch up that way?

mr merlin

EOG Master
Manfred just announced that pending further test results, the marlins will resume playing on wednesday. I assume that means unless a whole shitload more players test positive.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
it'll only be 10 days -2 weeks, and they'll be healthy when it happens to a different team later, they might catch up that way?
I think the rule is 2 back to back negative tests. So ideally this could mean a person tests positive on Monday, tests negative on Tuesday, tests negative on Wednesday and be back to play Thursday.

Not sure if the second negative test is done if they could play that day.

mr merlin

EOG Master
I think the rule is 2 back to back negative tests. So ideally this could mean a person tests positive on Monday, tests negative on Tuesday, tests negative on Wednesday and be back to play Thursday.

Not sure if the second negative test is done if they could play that day.
In golf they have to be symptom free for a period of time, I think 10 days, after that they can play even if they still test positive - it happened just this week.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
In golf they have to be symptom free for a period of time, I think 10 days, after that they can play even if they still test positive - it happened just this week.
This make sense for golf.

You might miss one tourney, possibly 2.

Baseball having someone miss 9-10 games is a monster part of the season. I think that is why the two negative tests in a row is what they are using.

Ad revenue though. Greedy mofos.

When you look at Freddie Freeman you can tell it took its toll on him. Many just want to remain optimistic or completely ignore the fact America wont be the same again for quite some time.

Maybe I should get into the cocaine business and destroy communities further. At this point anything goes.

Frankly I don't care if they finish the baseball season or not, I'd miss out on some bets but there is always something else to bet on. But I do care that the narratives don't get hijacked like this nonsense that you spout off on a regular basis. One person's opinion means little in the grander scheme of things, but people in the media and those with a voice that the wider public hears are going on about not only worst case scenarios, but theoretical scenarios that haven't even happened yet. And then the little minded people of this sad sack country jump on that bandwagon and do stupid shit like taunt and try to shame others going about their lives. If players didn't want to play, they had a choice to stay out. Same for coaches and team staff. But they all stuck around knowing this very well could happen, but they could do what they could to prevent it.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
We have a baseball team who flies in and out of cities who decided to play a game not in their city knowing they had a couple infected players which grew to at least 14 which might even be more pending more test results and mlb doesnt skip a beat with playing games today. You don't find anything wrong with that? Its business as usual because money is king.

Am I the only sane and compassionate one in all of this?

E$

EOG Dedicated
They should just infect everyone and go from there

There is no point in trying to stop it or even slow it down.

Should just let it run its course.

People that want to lock themselves in their house are free to do so (just as they have always been.)

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
We have actual scientists explaining the severity of this virus and people still want to pretend like nothing is wrong. It absolutely boggles my mind and is exactly what's wrong with this country and why we suck as a whole.

mr merlin

EOG Master
We have actual scientists explaining the severity of this virus and people still want to pretend like nothing is wrong. It absolutely boggles my mind and is exactly what's wrong with this country and why we suck as a whole.
The scientists cant be trusted, look at Fauci, a total fraud, dont wear a mask, then wear a mask, then he doesn't, the experts are either politically motivated or in the pocked of the drug co's. How come NONE of the players testing positive in all these sports get sick? because the virus is fake, that's why, unless if you're very old with conditions you should be living a normal life. A life without testing too.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
Whatever is proven to work I will get as should everybody else. I want things to return to normal but not at the cost of the health of other humans.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
More states are making people from other states who visit quarantine before going out but baseball can go on. The show must go on. Fuck it.

kane

EOG master
The scientists cant be trusted, look at Fauci, a total fraud, dont wear a mask, then wear a mask, then he doesn't, the experts are either politically motivated or in the pocked of the drug co's. How come NONE of the players testing positive in all these sports get sick? because the virus is fake, that's why, unless if you're very old with conditions you should be living a normal life. A life without testing too.

Tell that to Freddie Freeman, his fever reached over 104 and he prayed to God for his life, he was afraid to fall asleep thinking he might not wake up again. Tell that to Eduardo Rodriguez who had Covid and is now dealing with a heart issue preventing him from playing. The reason why athletes aren't getting sick isn't because the virus is fake, it's due to them being young, healthy, in great shape and having healthy immune systems. The biggest problem for an athlete is getting the virus and then passing it onto his family