The 2020 MLB season

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Dodgers able to use a DH makes them even nastier

What you will see is now the 9th place hitter will be someone who can help out Mookie if that batter gets on base. It will almost be like having a pair of lead-off hitters batting B2B

Of all of the teams in MLB to benefit from the DH if the Doyers are not #1 on the list they are not far from it

What you will see is now the 9th place hitter will be someone who can help out Mookie if that batter gets on base. It will almost be like having a pair of lead-off hitters batting B2B

Of all of the teams in MLB to benefit from the DH if the Doyers are not #1 on the list they are not far from it

It was preseason but they have been running out their light hitting catchers out there so far. I don't think the best move is a combo leadoff hitter like that. The lineup is too full of bashers and getting to use a DH on Pederson or Pollock just adds to that. They have enough bats they can do two sets of 1-4, with the 8th hitter being second clean up. Its pretty ridiculous what they have become, but its still just 9 guys in the field and 1 guy pitching at a given time, nothing is certain in baseball.

The Giants offense is missing like pretty much everyone. I bet if you asked even Giants fans they couldn't guess more than one or two guys who will start in the field tonight.

ejd_5277

EOG Dedicated
Lol... Angel Hernandez at it already. Calls Kendrick out on a curveball a foot outside to end the 1st.

Steaming pile of garbage. How has he survived in this league for 27 years?

cheapseats

EOG Master
Not digging this crap. Players with mask, there're being tested daily. If that's not enough, fake fans is foolish and lastly, talking about racism problems by the announcers. Blaaàah.

Lol... Angel Hernandez at it already. Calls Kendrick out on a curveball a foot outside to end the 1st.

Steaming pile of garbage. How has he survived in this league for 27 years?

It was closer than Fauci's pitch so his frame of reference was way off as always.

Ray Luca

EOG Master
Yeah supposed to be blacked out if you are in NY, national broadcasts. Get a VPN for your computer or a GPS emulator for your phone and its super easy to get around it.

Thx...I'll tell my friend. He was happy about the app anyway for the tmobile discounts. Rough time for him and his pop.

How badly do you think the Giants are trying to tank? Do they really not have a better option than a 300 pound first baseman?

kane

EOG master
How badly do you think the Giants are trying to tank? Do they really not have a better option than a 300 pound first baseman?

In fairness to them they're without Posey who's opted out, and Belt and Longoria were out last night as well, and they certainly wont be the first team to get blown out by the Dodgers. That said, they do figure to be real bad this year, they might be fighting the Marlins for the worst record in the NL. If they were smart they would look to move some of their veterans like the guys I mentioned plus Crawford, just have a fire sale and pick up as much young talent and prospects as they can, if Cueto pitches well and stays healthy he's a guy they can move at the deadline as well, just go for a total rebuild

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
In fairness to them they're without Posey who's opted out, and Belt and Longoria were out last night as well, and they certainly wont be the first team to get blown out by the Dodgers. That said, they do figure to be real bad this year, they might be fighting the Marlins for the worst record in the NL. If they were smart they would look to move some of their veterans like the guys I mentioned plus Crawford, just have a fire sale and pick up as much young talent and prospects as they can, if Cueto pitches well and stays healthy he's a guy they can move at the deadline as well, just go for a total rebuild
Is there going to be a deadline with the pandemic? I've heard yes and no.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
Can we say that kershaw is much better than May?

May throws 99 with movement.

If May isnt one of the top 5 starts how good are the rest of the guys.

That kid was throwing whiffle balls last night.

This game should have been -300 with May and how bad that lineup the Giants had out there.

Hindsight feels so good all the time.

#undefeated

Valuist

EOG Master
I don't follow or bet MLS Soccer. Maybe someone can answer this. In MLB, we know Canada would not let other teams come into Canada to play the Blue Jays, or allow the Blue Jays to return to Canada from the US. Yet there is a soccer game tonight, Orlando at Montreal? There must be something else at work.

kane

EOG master
I don't follow or bet MLS Soccer. Maybe someone can answer this. In MLB, we know Canada would not let other teams come into Canada to play the Blue Jays, or allow the Blue Jays to return to Canada from the US. Yet there is a soccer game tonight, Orlando at Montreal? There must be something else at work.

The game is being played in Orlando, not Montreal. The MLS is doing what the NBA is doing, they've got all their teams in a bubble and all games are being played in Orlando

Valuist

EOG Master
The game is being played in Orlando, not Montreal. The MLS is doing what the NBA is doing, they've got all their teams in a bubble and all games are being played in Orlando

OK, makes sense. I figured there was more to it.

TobyTyler

EOG Dedicated
Crazy how so many Philly players got the covid after being on the field with all those infected Marlins

Cuncel the season!!

Crazy how so many Philly players got the covid after being on the field with all those infected Marlins

Cuncel the season!!

Yeah, the media hype machine kinda ignore that don't they? If it doesn't feed into the fear then its not news or worthy of mentioning.

Oh, but did you hear about the one person who shopped at Target and they "think" they got it from a contaminated package they bought? Let's run that story, it sounds scary that Target is spreading the rona!!!