Week 2 early thoughts

TheGuesser

EOG Dedicated
GB Only 5.5 over Detroit @ GB What's up wit dat?

Both Balt and KC coming off easy week 1 wins in potential lookahead spots on the road as they play each other week 3.

Last edited by a moderator:

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
The Lions blew yet another fourth-quarter lead yesterday.

They lost an NFL-high seven games last season after leading in the fourth quarter.

After leading 23-6 over the Bears, the Lions surrendered 21 points in the final quarter.

Detroit's secondary is all banged-up.

Detroit head coach Matt Patricia with a terrible call to attempt a 55-yard field goal LEADING BY 10 with four minutes left in the game.

TheGuesser

EOG Dedicated
The Lions blew yet another fourth-quarter lead yesterday.

They lost an NFL-high seven games last season after leading in the fourth quarter.

After leading 23-6 over the Bears, the Lions surrendered 21 points in the final quarter.

Detroit's secondary is all banged-up.

Detroit head coach Matt Patricia with a terrible call to attempt a 55-yard field goal LEADING BY 10 with four minutes left in the game.
That's as bad as McCarthy not kicking the FG. It's OK for a Coach to be Conservative sometime, when the situation calls for it. Punt and pin them.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Especially when missing three cornerbacks (Trufant, Okudah and Coleman).

Ugh.

No wonder Patricia is 0-5 against Nagy and the Bears.

JHU Dad

EOG Dedicated
With their receiving corps decimated by injuries, this is a great time for the San Francisco 49ers to draw the Jets. What the Jets lack in talent pales compared to what they give up every week with their coaching staff. Last season, in week two, Sam Darnold came down with mono. This year, he may get twisted into a pretzel.

choslamshe

EOG Master
49ers, Chiefs, Packers, Ravens

I may bite on the mentality that HFA means nothing and these teams are head and shoulders two scores better than their opponents.

I'm riding the Cardinal train all the way to the Super Bowl! Love this team and how they are built on both sides of the ball, especially getting Simmons to fall to them to pair up with Baker. May need one more season to truly get to an elite level, but they did about 75% of the work in this last offseason. I think it takes 3-4 games until the lines catch up to the progress they made.

JHU Dad

EOG Dedicated
I'm riding the Cardinal train all the way to the Super Bowl! Love this team and how they are built on both sides of the ball, especially getting Simmons to fall to them to pair up with Baker. May need one more season to truly get to an elite level, but they did about 75% of the work in this last offseason. I think it takes 3-4 games until the lines catch up to the progress they made.
I totally agree. I went to the game hosting the Niners last year and could see the pieces starting to fall into place. They followed that up with a heartbreaking loss in SF and a win at Seattle. Add in Hopkins and Simmons along with a good coach, and you can see they're coming.