Your Level of Concern About the Coronavirus......on a scale of 1-10

Chi_Archie

EOG Veteran
N and S Dakotas gotta be real close to herd immunity

they lead the case per population tab by a very healthy margin.

they might be the only two states that won't even need a vaccine, Churches will be packed for midnight masses on Christmas

except for the weirdo south dakotans that have caught it twice.

mr merlin

EOG Master
6 weeks ago, where we at now?

Where do we think we'll be in Dec, Jan, Feb

any chance we get over 56k again?

how high would be too high? 65k? 75k?
After nov 4th it doesn't matter, i think the spring peak in hospitalizations was 66K, the july one about 56K, that vaccine should be here in a few weeks to a month, if they do the old geezers first that should cut into it.

mr merlin

EOG Master
N and S Dakotas gotta be real close to herd immunity

they lead the case per population tab by a very healthy margin.

they might be the only two states that won't even need a vaccine, Churches will be packed for midnight masses on Christmas

except for the weirdo south dakotans that have caught it twice.
Bismark went to mandatory masks, no penalties for non compliance, and business's/churches, etc can opt out if they want. Are you happy now?

cheapseats

EOG Master
In CA them problem is generally only those peeps who feel shitty go get tested. Those without any symptoms, they stay away from testing. So what you get is slanted outcomes. There are counties begging peeps without symptoms to get tested. We're being sold a pile of shit by the govern

Bushay

NHL Expert
this is the best. one of their own admitting their incompetence till someone got to him. Let's get him on Trevers show now. the pussy would never show.

Chi_Archie

EOG Veteran
Bismark went to mandatory masks, no penalties for non compliance, and business's/churches, etc can opt out if they want. Are you happy now?
\

why would I be happy, I'm not a fan of mandates or loss of freedom

also I think North Dakota and South Dakota can give us valuable insight into our ability to approach herd immunity and other metrics

the spread there and other throw away states like Idaho, Montana, minnesota, wisconsin, Illinois can give experts valuable insight for the next real pandemic threat with a much deadlier contagion.

Chi_Archie

EOG Veteran
Midwest region hospitalizations

We got down to a low of 4,700+ hospitalized on July 4 (down from the big peak of 11k on May 4

been climbing back up over the past 6 weeks to hit 6,500

I guess we'll continue to see the Midwest have more deaths as we head towards schools opening and Flu season approaches

up to 13,661

If we can get up to 18k-20k+ by Christmas, we might get some bargains on properties soon. all these young millenials that bought or rent recently are going to go home for the holidays and rich mom and dad will convince them to move back to the burbs from their "city life" of covid closures, shootings, and riots.

meanwhile the cutting edge gentrifying neighborhoods are seeing record #'s of old minority homeowners dying. Many families are not or will not be able to pay the taxes on the home when the Patriachs or matriachs pass. lots of mid and long term opportunities there, as minorities continue their steady stream out of the city.

all these big companies currently building more high rise condos and hotels here in the West Loop :rolleyes: and it's already turned into a ghost town

https://public.tableau.com/shared/YZ4SF8HDF?:display_count=y&:origin=viz_share_link&:embed=y

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
up to 13,661

If we can get up to 18k-20k+ by Christmas, we might get some bargains on properties soon. all these young millenials that bought or rent recently are going to go home for the holidays and rich mom and dad will convince them to move back to the burbs from their "city life" of covid closures, shootings, and riots.

meanwhile the cutting edge gentrifying neighborhoods are seeing record #'s of old minority homeowners dying. Many families are not or will not be able to pay the taxes on the home when the Patriachs or matriachs pass. lots of mid and long term opportunities there, as minorities continue their steady stream out of the city.

all these big companies currently building more high rise condos and hotels here in the West Loop :rolleyes: and it's already turned into a ghost town

https://public.tableau.com/shared/YZ4SF8HDF?:display_count=y&:origin=viz_share_link&:embed=y
Which neighborhoods in Chicago?

Unrelated but check out Jon Lesters Twitter today. He is buying his fans a Miller lite as a thank you Chicago. There is a list of bars participating.

Chi_Archie

EOG Veteran
yeah that's a cool thing for Jon Lester to do! what a class act....

many of the neighborhoods that have been hot for us, still are, because they are large and the gentrification happens in piecemeal fashion block to block to enclave to enclave and it takes time for some of the bigger properties to sell out sometimes. So you still see new opportunities come up for west town, and west loop adjacent into east garfield park. Pilsen, Humboldt park, avondale, Mckinley park, Bridgeport. some of the last parts of Logan square. But the more speculative areas popping now for longer term, are still near the edges of Pilsen moving out west into Little Village and North Lawndale as long as it is near a major El stop. If you find a property near a good combination of.. hospital, park, El stop, Bus line, good grocery store, coffee shop you can be sitting on a gold mine. Even in the current climate, which has been shocking to me.

Chi_Archie

EOG Veteran
appreciate Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota continuing to put in work and make sacrifices.

I'd love to see them echew masks as much as possible. With the multitude of variables in play here, having some control over a few of the variables as much as possible on either end of the spectrum can provide some good data.

south dakota docs seem to be on the cutting edge as well, as they've identified a large number of twice infected folks. Larger than any other area that i'm aware of at this point.

could be interesting to think about how time could have impacted strains mutating there, or if they had any events that could have provided a petri's dish of strains from all over the country into one area. Epidemiologists will be studying this shit for decades

mr merlin

EOG Master
appreciate Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota continuing to put in work and make sacrifices.

I'd love to see them echew masks as much as possible. With the multitude of variables in play here, having some control over a few of the variables as much as possible on either end of the spectrum can provide some good data.

south dakota docs seem to be on the cutting edge as well, as they've identified a large number of twice infected folks. Larger than any other area that i'm aware of at this point.

could be interesting to think about how time could have impacted strains mutating there, or if they had any events that could have provided a petri's dish of strains from all over the country into one area. Epidemiologists will be studying this shit for decades
Haven't heard that about reinfections, although with all the false positives out there it's likely many people get told they have it, they have no symptoms so after 2 weeks they go on with their lives(they never get retested because there's no reason to), later on they catch it for real and it's oh my god i got it again.

I'm loving their numbers, looks like they're hitting 10K/week, if there are 2 non detected for every positive they are hitting 4% immunity/week, if it's 3 we're talking 5%. It's great IMO.

Chi_Archie

EOG Veteran
Yeah, I can't imagine many south dakotans were running out to get tested with no symptoms back in April or May.

It's not confirmed by CDC yet but again could be ground breaking stuff
Hopefully the SD health officials are recognized for their empirical stalwartness but it's shitty testing to blame. But it's very interesting stuff and could prove valuable when get an actually deadly outbreak.... Hopefully long after we arev dead.

https://www.dakotanewsnow.com/2020/...estigating-28-possible-covid-19-reinfections/

Chi_Archie

EOG Veteran
I'm loving their numbers, looks like they're hitting 10K/week, if there are 2 non detected for every positive they are hitting 4% immunity/week, if it's 3 we're talking 5%. It's great IMO.

Yeah , if they got herd immunity and drastic drop in infections around Christmas time. That would be great news, and would take the pressure off the vaccine and everywhere could realize that we can get back to normal and stop canceling shit

Also maybe "the 28" are meat Packers that got tested in those facilities and just had false positives the first time around, now that I think about it. That would be best case scenario

Then maybe a Noem/Ivanka ticket for 2024 and we would get 8 years of eye candy and prosperity. Win win win

mr merlin

EOG Master
Yeah, I can't imagine many south dakotans were running out to get tested with no symptoms back in April or May.

It's not confirmed by CDC yet but again could be ground breaking stuff
Hopefully the SD health officials are recognized for their empirical stalwartness but it's shitty testing to blame. But it's very interesting stuff and could prove valuable when get an actually deadly outbreak.... Hopefully long after we arev dead.

https://www.dakotanewsnow.com/2020/...estigating-28-possible-covid-19-reinfections/
We have 9 million positives, prob 60 million + really had it, worldwide it might be pushing 1 billion, the fact that a few hundred people worldwide might have been legitimately reinfected doesn't mean it's a real concern, it means it's NOT a concern. And all this talk of only 4-5 months immunity is BS, we're now 7-8 months on from the first wave(largely undetected) , it immunity only lasted a few months they would be getting it again, they're not.

Most likely you're fine for a couple years, after that if you catch it again it'll be milder.

mr merlin

EOG Master
Yeah , if they got herd immunity and drastic drop in infections around Christmas time. That would be great news, and would take the pressure off the vaccine and everywhere could realize that we can get back to normal and stop canceling shit

Also maybe "the 28" are meat Packers that got tested in those facilities and just had false positives the first time around, now that I think about it. That would be best case scenario

Then maybe a Noem/Ivanka ticket for 2024 and we would get 8 years of eye candy and prosperity. Win win win
Exactly, co workers got it and they all got tested, many had false positives and sat home for 2 weeks, 5 months later they're catching it for real.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
yeah that's a cool thing for Jon Lester to do! what a class act....

many of the neighborhoods that have been hot for us, still are, because they are large and the gentrification happens in piecemeal fashion block to block to enclave to enclave and it takes time for some of the bigger properties to sell out sometimes. So you still see new opportunities come up for west town, and west loop adjacent into east garfield park. Pilsen, Humboldt park, avondale, Mckinley park, Bridgeport. some of the last parts of Logan square. But the more speculative areas popping now for longer term, are still near the edges of Pilsen moving out west into Little Village and North Lawndale as long as it is near a major El stop. If you find a property near a good combination of.. hospital, park, El stop, Bus line, good grocery store, coffee shop you can be sitting on a gold mine. Even in the current climate, which has been shocking to me.
Now these are some of the highest crime areas in the city, especially Avondale, East Garland Park, North Lawndale. Where are the displaced moving to? I assume the areas you mentioned are some of the hardest hit from the May riots also. I haven't looked at any COVID city numbers lately, but I hope its stabilizing some.

mr merlin

EOG Master
Someone please tell me that the Trump administration has a FUKKIN PLAN!!
Cause that shit is coming here as well, if not here already....

He clearly fukked up the first time... not too late to act like he gives a crap!!!
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/10/29/coronavirus-variant-seen-spreading-across-europe-research-says.html

A new coronavirus variant is seen spreading across Europe, research says
Haven't you figured it out yet? They are peddling fear, their goal is to keep people scared, because scared people are easy to control.

Check out this chart and compare it to the hysterical shreiks from the media.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Someone please tell me that the Trump administration has a FUKKIN PLAN!!
Cause that shit is coming here as well, if not here already....

He clearly fukked up the first time... not too late to act like he gives a crap!!!
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/10/29/coronavirus-variant-seen-spreading-across-europe-research-says.html

A new coronavirus variant is seen spreading across Europe, research says
He has no plan for COVID and has no healthcare plan if the SC repeals Obamacare.