Northwestern & Indiana Football....

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
We'll soon find out who's for real. But gotta love that NW defense & IU offense.

Not sure I trust IU's offense against a quality defense.

What about Indiana's defense?

Much improved over past editions of the team.

Credit head coach Tom Allen with an excellent job of turning around the moribund program.

Heim

EOG Master
Not sure I trust IU's offense against a quality defense.

What about Indiana's defense?

Much improved over past editions of the team.

Credit head coach Tom Allen with an excellent job of turning around the moribund program.

Urban Meyer was very complimentary of Allen yesterday since he knows him well.....Meyer throws around
compliments as often as manhole covers.

Biff41

EOG Dedicated
Indiana has an impressive QB in Penix but i don't think they have any chance next week against Ohio St. Buckeyes (-20) who will i expect try to show they can win on the run alone and Golden Boy Justin may not be a key to victory. The Chair-throwers may try to exploit Buckeyes week def secondary but they have too many weaknesses themselves that the Buckeye coach is no doubt already targeting. Maybe a moneyline spread with -14 on Ohio St would make sense in case IU tries to keep it close.

Last edited:

Heim

EOG Master
Give NW Fitzgerald credit not many athletes on defense but defense always formidable every season, on the other hand, the offense...well...

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Give NW Fitzgerald credit not many athletes on defense but defense always formidable every season, on the other hand, the offense...well...
But a lot of his offensive players have been drafted and spent a little time in the NFL. Honestly don't know how they do it. That program is all Fitz.

Heim

EOG Master
But a lot of his offensive players have been drafted and spent a little time in the NFL. Honestly don't know how they do it. That program is all Fitz.

They've never been able to get the blue chip Qb. Of course you have to have the grades, which is a hindrance but even the 4 star transfers never seem to do anything at NWU.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
They've never been able to get the blue chip Qb. Of course you have to have the grades, which is a hindrance but even the 4 star transfers never seem to do anything at NWU.
It's tough when you actually have to go to class. NIU probably outrecruits them when it comes to OL.

choslamshe

EOG Master
Indiana showed something with their 2nd half - not too much as I think the takeaway is more that Ohio State isn't really National Championship caliber at the moment. I was swayed back and forth on this total and decided to pass.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Indiana showed something with their 2nd half - not too much as I think the takeaway is more that Ohio State isn't really National Championship caliber at the moment. I was swayed back and forth on this total and decided to pass.
Agree. No shame in allowing 35 at Columbus to that offense (besides the defensive score). Pretty easy to pack up the gear, down three scores.

In other B10 news, Penn St is 0-5 for the first time in their history.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Agree. No shame in allowing 35 at Columbus to that offense (besides the defensive score). Pretty easy to pack up the gear, down three scores.

In other B10 news, Penn St is 0-5 for the first time in their history.

Since when is Penn State more excited about basketball than football?

Luckily for James Franklin, the Nittany Lions end the regular season with road games against Michigan and Rutgers and a home game against Michigan State.

It may also help Franklin that the bizarre 0-5 start happened in the bizarre year of 2020.

kane

EOG master
Since when is Penn State more excited about basketball than football?

Luckily for James Franklin, the Nittany Lions end the regular season with road games against Michigan and Rutgers and a home game against Michigan State.

It may also help Franklin that the bizarre 0-5 start happened in the bizarre year of 2020.

Since when is Indiana more excited about football than basketball?

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I like good LB's....Northwestern is solid

Paddy Fisher and Blake Gallagher get all the publicity but I like the little madman Chris Bergin.

He's fearless and runs sideline-to-sideline.

He's a former walk-on which makes his underdog story even better.

1606445121171.png

Last edited: