Come on JK, clean stuff up here

The election is now two weeks in our rear view mirror. Let's clean this place up and move the political stuff to where it belongs. All you have in there is attempted scores being settled and people going off on the deep end. And while you are at it move the Covid stuff too. We have no scientists here offering anything new, it's just an extension of our political battles.

I admit to indulging in these debates but I vow to stop and hope others do the same. No need to inflame ourselves any longer. The people who set me off I have put on ignore, time for us all to move on. Let's all get back to sports and more importantly gambling related discussions.

Last edited by a moderator:

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
WildBill is right...again.

And I've always respected the views of 'RUCA and JUSTINTALK.

Sending the political nonsense to the Politics and Government forum right now.

Back to sports and sports betting.

I like UNDER in the Indiana-Ohio State game.

UNDER 66.5 is the current price at William Hill.

IU's young quarterback Michael Penix Jr. is creative and athletic but not fundamentally sound (poor footwork),

And Indiana's defense, under spirited head coach Tom Allen, is much improved over previous seasons.

Important game for both teams.

Drnkyourmlkshk

EOG Dedicated

IU's young quarterback Michael Penix Jr. is creative and athletic but not fundamentally sound (poor footwork),

And Indiana's defense, under spirited head coach Tom Allen, is much improved over previous seasons.

Well we can both win but you provided one side of the football argument. Forgot to mention Ohio state playing at top 5 pace with a QB competing for heisman stats and will be their only time vs a top 25 team rest of the slate. They will try to add style points if possible.
Also forgot to add that Ohio state started with 3 new dbs in 2020 and besides Wade arent at all top caliber yet and have surrendered a 57% completion rate albeit small sample size but Rutgers had serious drives versus their top talent in 1st half.
Nebraska ran at will on them but ultimately turned it over in rz on downs twice.

Also you while I think Pennix is a bit of a spaz he does offer some athleticism and the OL for Indiana is the biggest in the Big 10 besides Wisconsin. Also indiana does not run the ball often or well. Theyll be passing the majority of plays.
If you like under I think you like the points as well. Indiana has some playmakers in that secondary and are experienced in the f7.
Goodluck either way.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Thanks for the personnel breakdown, Drink.

About the Rutgers stats: A complete toss for me.

That's junior varsity football.

Drnkyourmlkshk

EOG Dedicated
Thanks for the personnel breakdown, Drink.

About the Rutgers stats: A complete toss for me.

That's junior varsity football.
Not this year and maybe going forward. They have some players.. been collecting them for 20 years but have a real coach and a top 10 OC.. paid too much for both but man they got more transfers in one month than the rest of the ncaa combined

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Ohio State's talented defense last season went seven straight weeks denying opponents to score more than 10 points.

The NFL confirmed OSU's talent when selecting three of its defensive members in the top 19 selections of the 2020 NFL Draft.

Last year's score in the OSU-Indiana game was 51-10, Buckeyes.

Good points about Penix. Kid's throws are all over the place because he doesn't seem to set his feet. Unless you got Mike Vick like arm strength that doesn't go well against a talented secondary.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Not this year and maybe going forward. They have some players.. been collecting them for 20 years but have a real coach and a top 10 OC.. paid too much for both but man they got more transfers in one month than the rest of the ncaa combined

Maybe not junior varsity but I was exaggerating about Rutgers to make a point.

(I like Pacheco too.)

The Rutgers quarterback is pedestrian and Schiano is not playing with a full deck.

Hell, they lost to an 0-3 Illinois team last week as a six-point favorite.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Good points about Penix. Kid's throws are all over the place because he doesn't seem to set his feet. Unless you got Mike Vick like arm strength that doesn't go well against a talented secondary.

A lefty like Vick but Vick was lightning quick.

Penix is three inches taller than Vick (only 6-feet tall) and that might be his problem right now.

His mechanics are an issue at this stage of his career.

I guess my doubts about IU are that in retrospect they haven't played good competition, just "name brands" so far. So the wins feel kind of historic, but really these are three very flawed teams they beat. Teams like this come up every season where a mid or lower tier program rises up and everyone thinks its the year, but then they get their head handed to them by the top teams in the league. This feels like that kind of situation. That being said 20.5 is a ton of points. I think the under is the right call, if OSU gets ahead they will grind the game down and IU will struggle to go up and down the field. Only situation where the over is in play is if they get into a trading scores run. Otherwise this feels like a 38-13 type final.

Drnkyourmlkshk

EOG Dedicated
Ohio State's talented defense last season went seven straight weeks denying opponents to score more than 10 points.

The NFL confirmed OSU's talent when selecting three of its defensive members in the top 19 selections of the 2020 NFL Draft.

Last year's score in the OSU-Indiana game was 51-10, Buckeyes.
Agreed last years D was unreal.. starting over with 7 new starters was my point.
Also Pennix can provide points that Ramset cant.

As far as “cleaning stuff up” there’s a multi year thread at the top of this page from the boards resident racist to bet against black coaches

fifty cint

EOG Dedicated

They are also signing top NJ coaches from top NJ programs with the hope of keeping some talent in state. Ohio St /Michigan/Wisconsin & Notre Dame are still hurting RU bigtime. Tough to compete with ND.Only time will tell

Almost Allright

GO Bucks!!!
Well we can both win but you provided one side of the football argument. Forgot to mention Ohio state playing at top 5 pace with a QB competing for heisman stats and will be their only time vs a top 25 team rest of the slate. They will try to add style points if possible.
Also forgot to add that Ohio state started with 3 new dbs in 2020 and besides Wade arent at all top caliber yet and have surrendered a 57% completion rate albeit small sample size but Rutgers had serious drives versus their top talent in 1st half.
Nebraska ran at will on them but ultimately turned it over in rz on downs twice.

Also you while I think Pennix is a bit of a spaz he does offer some athleticism and the OL for Indiana is the biggest in the Big 10 besides Wisconsin. Also indiana does not run the ball often or well. Theyll be passing the majority of plays.
If you like under I think you like the points as well. Indiana has some playmakers in that secondary and are experienced in the f7.
Goodluck either way.

Hell even Wade is playing a position he hasn’t played since high school. He hasn’t been stellar so far either. The front seven better get there this weekend. That being said I think it’s statement time for OSU. Cover and Over.

MrTop

EOG Master
The election is now two weeks in our rear view mirror. Let's clean this place up and move the political stuff to where it belongs. All you have in there is attempted scores being settled and people going off on the deep end. And while you are at it move the Covid stuff too. We have no scientists here offering anything new, it's just an extension of our political battles.

I admit to indulging in these debates but I vow to stop and hope others do the same. No need to inflame ourselves any longer. The people who set me off I have put on ignore, time for us all to move on. Let's all get back to sports and more importantly gambling related discussions.

books did not pay out .............the election goes on

MrTop

EOG Master

wildbill throwing some chin music

Biff41

EOG Dedicated
The Covid policy by W.H.O. parroted by Fauci and the "gang that could cure straight" (CDC) has been not very successful in USA and EU, and now media reports are claiming it is going to get worse.. How could anyone including sportsbettors not want to express opinions on this. I like hearing a variety of different opinions.

Don Eagleston

EOG Addicted
JK, it seems to me that you are pandering to these losing Trump bettors. I declare that BM, Pinny, and others who won't pay on the election are "SLOW PAY".

railbird

EOG Master
That's handicapping from a racist. Not one time in my entire betting career have I ever heard a capper mention the color of a coaches skin in his reasoning for betting a game, not
That's handicapping from a racist. Not one time in my entire betting career have I ever heard a capper mention the color of a coaches skin in his reasoning for betting a game, not once.
The color of your skin gets you coaching jobs, mostly blacks. Its a Leftist policy, black men with character hate the policy. End your war with God and submit to him

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
JK, it seems to me that you are pandering to these losing Trump bettors. I declare that BM, Pinny, and others who won't pay on the election are "SLOW PAY".

To be precise, Americans don't directly elect the president.

Electors gather in mid-December to make the election official.

MrTop

EOG Master
That's handicapping from a racist. Not one time in my entire betting career have I ever heard a capper mention the color of a coaches skin in his reasoning for betting a game, not once.

but did you know I subscribed to railbird sports and lost twice

:mad:

Dell Dude

EOG Master
No. The election is not over. Trump has the right to prove fraud. Media lied to us. They said Trump was unpopular. Then the election showed he gained overall votes and votes amongst numerous minority groups. Quo had to win not by riding never Trump but matching and passing Trump with his new votes. And that is what happened? I don't think so. Not for the worse and worse candidate of all time running the worse and worse campaign of all time. There was fraud and we are going to find it. Trump takes the oath. Quo takes the guilty please.