UniBron 2020/21... I think I know what we are watching

Heim

EOG Master
Fun watching him trying to get to the hoop against Trent Jr. the other night.

He looked like a turtle trying to get around a cheetah.....

Last edited by a moderator:

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
The Golden State Warriors want to claim the title as the NBA's best team ever.

The 2015-16 Golden State Warriors finished the season 73-9, most regular season wins ever.

One season later, the Warriors blitzed the playoff field by going 16-1, best postseason record ever.

And those 1990's Bulls team were pretty good, too.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
The Lakers opened the season 2-2.

They're currently tied with Golden State for last place in the Pacific Division of the Western Conference.

Clippers, Suns and Kings all 3-1.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I like the upside of young Talen Horton-Tucker.

So does LeBron.

"THT" turned 20 last month.

He was a second-round draft pick last year so he'll be an unrestricted free agent once this season is complete.

Played high school ball at Simeon High School in Chicago where his team won three city championships.

Stayed in college for only one season at Iowa State.

choslamshe

EOG Master
Barring injuries, no reason finals shouldn't be a repeat of 2002 finals.

Remember the likes of Keith Van Horn, Kerry Kittles and a young Richard Jefferson? I remember how bad those finals were.

The 2020 Nets would likely sweep the 2002 Nets as well

Heim

EOG Master
I like last years team better. This is a hodge podge of round pegs in square holes. Matthews, Gasol....waste.

Harrell can't play with AD....Schroder needs the ball, not with Lebron in the lineup.

lol at best ever

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
The question is will you bend down when Kyrie lifts the trophy this year?

JFC. This fucking guy again. You are as stubborn as a Mule. Fuck Kyrie.

I like last years team better. This is a hodge podge of round pegs in square holes. Matthews, Gasol....waste.

Harrell can't play with AD....Schroder needs the ball, not with Lebron in the lineup.

lol at best ever

Why? At full fitness and they get time together. Who the fuck is beating them 4 in 7, past or present?

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Barring injuries, no reason finals shouldn't be a repeat of 2002 finals.

Remember the likes of Keith Van Horn, Kerry Kittles and a young Richard Jefferson? I remember how bad those finals were.

The 2020 Nets would likely sweep the 2002 Nets as well

A four-game sweep in favor of the Lakers.

In 2002, the Lakers were starting Shaquille O'Neal at center.

The Nets starting center?

Todd MacCulloch.

1609353362547.png

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
I like the upside of young Talen Horton-Tucker.

So does LeBron.

"THT" turned 20 last month.

He was a second-round draft pick last year so he'll be an unrestricted free agent once this season is complete.

Played high school ball at Simeon High School in Chicago where his team won three city championships.

Stayed in college for only one season at Iowa State.

THT is....

1609353631900.png

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am

lol at best ever

I;m not saying they will have the best winning % at the end of the year, what I'm saying is that after the 2021 Finals are complete, I think you may be able to argue that this was the best team ever assembled. Tough to argue since they will have only played a year together and future changes may be made but their potential is scary as fuck.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
The Lakers this season were scheduled to go 49-23 or thereabouts.

CRIS offered the Lakers win percentage at 68.5%, one point below the Milwaukee Bucks at 69.5%.

Heim

EOG Master
Defense won it for them last year. I haven't seen the same intensity yet. But it's early.

Heim

EOG Master
You're smart enough to know how important defense is to winning a championship, but you think the Nets win it all this year, hmm

In the words of the broadcasting team yesterday in OU/FLA game, good offense beats good defense nowadays.

kane

EOG master
In the words of the broadcasting team yesterday in OU/FLA game, good offense beats good defense nowadays.

In college football yes, but unless I'm mistaken, no team has ever won an NBA championship without a top 10 defense, and I don't see where the Nets will finish anywhere near the top 10, I guess we'll see

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
10 games in, let's take a quick look under the hood:

7-3 albeit an easy schedule. Plugging in 5 new rotation pieces while working different concepts on both ends of the floor. Offensively, they can be fascinating to watch and defensively they are not really game planning for any of these teams, rather working the same scheme, night in night out.

Grade: A

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Lakers improve to 8-3 after dismantling the Rockets, 120-102.

Did you see the contributions from Talen Horton-Tucker?

He could be L.A.'s secret weapon in the postseason.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
Lakers improve to 8-3 after dismantling the Rockets, 120-102.

Did you see the contributions from Talen Horton-Tucker?

He could be L.A.'s secret weapon in the postseason.

This is a great teaching moment actually.

If you want to see how a player can have a massive impact on a game while being quiet in the Boxscore, I give you this game as Exemplar A,

Capt. America, AKA The Bald Mamba, AKA The Meme GOAT, AKA The CaruShow, AKA The Clipper Killer, AKA Alexander the Great, AKA AC Fresh, AKA Big Balder Brand, showed the fuck out.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
Fun watching him trying to get to the hoop against Trent Jr. the other night.

He looked like a turtle trying to get around a cheetah.....

At your trial, last year, I didn't pardon you, I washed my hands of the whole thing and kicked it up to the very top.

The GOAT King pardoned you and this is how you thank him?

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am

lol at best ever

That's why their Season Win Total is the same as it was last year despite playing 10 less games this year. Let me tell you something, their better than LY.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
AD coming in last year and taking a non-playoff team to the title was a story for the ages!

Love that kid's game! SEC, SEC, SEC!!

Help me out here. Did AD win 4 or 5 times more playoff series in his first season w/ the GOAT KING then he did his entire career before playing w/ The Goat King?

Help me out here, who won Finals MVP?

Thank you.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
AD coming in last year and taking a non-playoff team to the title was a story for the ages!

Love that kid's game! SEC, SEC, SEC!!

I know it was one of the two, but which one is the only man in history to lead 3 different teams to Titles?

Thank you again and also thank you for the oppurtunity to point all this out.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
I know it was one of the two, but which one is the only man in history to lead 3 different teams to Titles?

Considering AD has only played for 2 teams I'm going to guess it isn't him. :)

Not sure why you upset? Thought you were an AD fan as well?

What he has done in LA is one of the best stories of 2020!!

Not even play-off quality, AD steps in town and they win it all!!!

This kid has heart, he's not going to the Finals and choking repeatedly. Not in AD's DNA!!

Some might need to shop around the NBA to find enough talent to win it all, lot of teams.....

Some win multiples on the same team, Jordan for example 6 titles in 6 tries and never left Chicago.

Some leave town in the middle of the night to stack a team in order to win.....

Solve by inspection.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
Considering AD has only played for 2 teams I'm going to guess it isn't him. :)

Well done. I'm surprised I didn't think of that myself.

Not sure why you upset? Thought you were an AD fan as well?

I like Boogie better than him but AD is the perfect partner for LBJ; he's phenomenal but far from one of my favorite players.

I thought I knew when they got together it was done and done. No one knows anything for sure but that was about as sure as it gets if they stayed healthy. But wait, they didn't, they fucking played the entire playoffs w/out their starting 5 and 2. They were down 40% of their starting lineup and still burned down the fucking LG.... like I said they would before the season even started :)

What he has done in LA is one of the best stories of 2020!!

If you say so.

Not even play-off quality, AD steps in town and they win it all!!!

LBJ, the Finals MVP, led a team that hadn't been to the Playoffs forever to a Title and he takes guys, like AD, who had never been past the first round, all the way. That is part of his brilliance.

This kid has heart, he's not going to the Finals and choking repeatedly. Not in AD's DNA!!

LBJ toughened him up.

Some win multiples on the same team, Jordan for example 6 titles in 6 tries and never left Chicago.

That;s much easier than what LBJ has done. He's the only man in the History of the World to lead 3 different teams to The Promise Land.

Some leave town in the middle of the night to stack a team in order to win.....

KD is a Bitch, we agree on that.

Solve by inspection.

Do you even know what this means?

Once again, thank you for the oppurtunity to shine light on both LBJ's and Bred's brilliance.

Please, come again.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
The Lakers improved to 6-0 on the road this season with a 117-110 over the struggling Houston Rockets last night.

L.A. won two games in three nights against the Rockets in Houston and both games were blowouts.

The Lakers sported leads of 27 points on Sunday and 30 points last night before winning by 18 and 17 points, respectively.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
I think there is room for defense in the playoffs, especially in the finals. Those uncontested shots in February are contested in June.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
another 10 games down puts us 20 games in, let's take a quick look.

14-6. 3rd in the West.

The Defense has come along quicker than expected but I guess we shouldn't be too surprised considering Vogel is probably the best defensive coach in B-ball.

I thought the offense would be a little farther along but considering how deep they are and how many line combos they run out there, I'll remain patient. Vogel has got to be a little better here, IMO, but he get's a lot of rope w/ me (a lot of guys deserve minutes) and that may turn into a noose if UniBron doesn't develop into a Big 3 by years end, no reason they shouldn't (not that they need it because they are so deep) .

Capt. America, AKA The Bald Mamba, AKA The Meme GOAT, AKA The CaruShow, AKA The Clipper Killer, AKA Alexander the Great, AKA AC Fresh, AKA Big Balder Brand, is presently the best 3-pt shooter in the LG.

LBJ is MVP (what's new).

Games 11-20 Grade: B

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
I'm so disappointed with AD, seriously. Losing by 15 to Detroit!!? That sounds like the Laker team before you arrived!

Very disappointed AD!!