Nick Saban

Heim

EOG Master
Amazingly...fucker has become likeable.

Dude had moved with the times offensively too...

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Saban earned $9.3 million in 2020.

He'll make $9.5 million in 2021.

Saban is under contract at Alabama through the end of the 2025 season.

He turned 69 last October.

Last edited:

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Nick Saban was 15-17 in two seasons (2005-2006) with the Miami Dolphins.

He also served four seasons as defensive coordinator of the Cleveland Browns from 1991-94.

Saban refers to his years with the Browns as the "worst four years of my life."

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Some believe the birth of Saban’s (offensive) revolution came when quarterback Johnny Manziel was lighting up the scoreboard for Texas A&M. When his team nearly defeated Alabama in 2013, Manziel passed for 464 yards. The Crimson Tide defense yielded a combined 79 points in losses to Auburn and Oklahoma at the end of that season, and Alabama gave up 630 yards to Auburn in the Iron Bowl rivalry game in 2014.

Saban has suggested he reconsidered his approach because Hugh Freeze, then the coach at Mississippi, had used high-powered offenses to beat Alabama in 2014 and 2015.

Source: The New York Times

lastyle7

EOG Veteran
Nick Saban was 15-17 in two seasons (2005-2006) with the Miami Dolphins.

He also served four seasons as defensive coordinator of the Cleveland Browns from 1991-94.

Saban refers to his years with the Browns as the "worst four years of my life."

94 Browns in the playoffs...I'm pretty sure he didn't get along with Belichick...seem to have the same attitude.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Saban earned $9.3 million in 2020.

He'll make $9.5 million in 2021.

Saban is under contract at Alabama through the end of the 2025 season.

He turned 69 last October.

Never thought I would say this about someone making as much as he is: He is UNDERPAID!

As much money as that program brings to the university - he is underpaid. The football program at Bama pays for practically every other program on campus. Non-revenue sports such as men's/women's track, lacrosse, tennis and sports like that - only exist because of the money Football brings in. Basketball might be self-sufficient but that is it for most big time D1 schools. See Notre Dame, THE Ohio State, Penn State, LSU, Meeechigan and a few other big name ones - Clemson (for now).