KEEP AN EYE ON CRYPTO........BITCOIN OVER $10K

What are you thoughts about the government or countries creating their own crypto coin to be used.

Someday these will matter. I'm not looking at this from the perspective of buy BTC now and wait 20-30 years to sell. I think BTC and the others should be purely a trading vehicle and largely have treated them as such putting in some money into offshores when I think prices are relatively high and then pulling money out of books into my wallet when prices are low.

MrTop

EOG Master
What are you thoughts about the government or countries creating their own crypto coin to be used.

it is coming.... but it will be from the banks...to get rid of the dollar.. a lot of regulation before it goes thru... Central banks already had talks about it

Last edited:
it is coming.... but it will be from the banks...to get rid of the dollar.. a lot of regulation before it goes thru... Central banks already has talks about it
true......... A country that has it's own crypto would be centralized and against the idea of bitcoin. Decentralized cryptos are best. Bitcoin wanted to keep the middle man out.

MrTop

EOG Master
good points. US doesn't control crypto market.

you are right but they control the people with the laws .. you will see regulation coming very soon with crypto... The IRS will be putting it on the tax forms and trump will be putting in regulation before he gets out at the treasury dept

MrTop

EOG Master
Someday these will matter. I'm not looking at this from the perspective of buy BTC now and wait 20-30 years to sell. I think BTC and the others should be purely a trading vehicle and largely have treated them as such putting in some money into offshores when I think prices are relatively high and then pulling money out of books into my wallet when prices are low.

china already beta testing it... they will force the US to do it to keep pace.. They say it will happen in the US quicker than we think. About 5 years turning to digital coins.

you are right but they control the people with the laws .. you will see regulation coming very soon with crypto... The IRS will be putting it on the tax forms and trump will be putting in regulation before he gets out at the treasury dept

Its already a law, just a matter of how much they want to enforce it. If you sell it for a gain you are required to pay tax on it like any other investment. If you hold it in an offshore account where they are not reporting your gains/losses to the IRS, then that's an offshore investment account and if you don't report it to the IRS its subject to forfeiture anyways. There is really nothing new going on here.

MrTop

EOG Master
Its already a law, just a matter of how much they want to enforce it. If you sell it for a gain you are required to pay tax on it like any other investment. If you hold it in an offshore account where they are not reporting your gains/losses to the IRS, then that's an offshore investment account and if you don't report it to the IRS its subject to forfeiture anyways. There is really nothing new going on here.

they are only asking did you buy or sell etc on 2021 forms.... yes you are required to pay but not enforcing yet... 2021 they will start setting the trap by asking

bishqqq

EOG Addicted
i bought a 2X position back into XRP 0.6228........ (I will add if it drops to .37 - .41) The "guru" that i respect, is loading up .....i don't love XRP, but gonna roll the dice into the new year........be careful, VERY VOLATILE.............................XRP it is.......................................full disclosure, my largest position is Ethereum . best of luck !

i bought a 2X position back into XRP 0.6228........ (I will add if it drops to .37 - .41) The "guru" that i respect, is loading up .....i don't love XRP, but gonna roll the dice into the new year........be careful, VERY VOLATILE.............................XRP it is.......................................full disclosure, my largest position is Ethereum . best of luck !

ETH is the way to go now that there's ETH2 which is a big improvement. XRP is nice for a banking system which is centralized. I bought XRP day one, sold most and can't find wallets where I still have some.

MrTop

EOG Master

If you like something less volatile ..you can move to Ameritrade

Grayscale Bitcoin Trust (GBTC)
Grayscale Ethereum Trust (ETHE)

These places buy a lot of crypto and know a lot about it.

Feels like this week could be the start of some bubbles deflating. Market and BTC are definitely meeting the definition of stretched valuations.

MrTop

EOG Master

China already started their own digital currency. It is in the trial stage where they gave out free money to some of it's people to test it... The us banks like chase will be coming out with their own coins... first you will probably see Facebook's coins come out ... it was called Libra... changed name to Diem and will be dollar - pegged.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
bitcoin is the future.

banks making their own coins is a joke.

but is someone going to have multiple coins based on what different stores take? no

bitcoin to a MILLION!

railbird

EOG Master
bitcoin is the future.

banks making their own coins is a joke.

but is someone going to have multiple coins based on what different stores take? no

bitcoin to a MILLION!
you will need to put it on your wrist or forhead soon. dont do that because you will go to hell if its mark beast

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
Good. I'm actually tired of dealing with banks and their traditional systems. I'm over it. Need something new implemented and QUICK like bitcoin.

bishqqq

EOG Addicted
didn't see the problems in XRP......Sold 90 % / dead wrong................Ethereum's all time high is within reach @ $ 1448..............long Status ( SNT ) $0.05655 FOR a SPECULATION PLAY, & I really like it.