EOG's Grand Challenge presented by BetDSI (NOWSHESMYRUCA is our March contestant)

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Oregon State - Loyola Chicago
Handicap – FT – NCAA
Oregon State +6.5

Mississippi State - Louisiana Tech
Total – FT – NCAA
Under 134.5

A win and a loss graded at about the same time.

'RUCA stands at 14-12.

A four-game winning streak is necessary to conquer EOG's Grand Challenge.

'RUCA has hit four straight wagers many times in his gambling career.

#NoMoreMistakes

ComptrBob

EOG Master
Just another tidbit that I can't resist posting: The ACC has not had a losing NCAA tournament record since 1987.

This year they had 7 bids. Five got bounced in R1, Virginia, VaTech, GT, NC, and Clemson. They have 3 wins thanks to 11th seeded Syracuse with 2 and 4th seeded FSU with 1. Record so far is thus 3-5.

Getting back to 50% is heavily dependent on FSU winning against Colorado.

Just to update: FSU beat Colo, Syracuse loses to Houston in the Sweet 16 so the ACC record is 4-6 with only FSU alive. FSU needs 3 wins and get to the championship game to avoid an ACC losing record for the tourney.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Rules:

1. Contestant will post 30 plays in 30 days (one play per day) starting the first of the month.
  2. Games must be played within a 30-day time frame.
  3. Major North American team sports only: NFL, NCAAF, NHL, NBA, NCAAB, MLB, MLS, CFL and WNBA.
  4. Full-game sides and totals -110 or LOWER.
  5. Contestants are graded against Pinnacle numbers at the time of post.
  6. Must hit 60% or better to be declared a winner of the $1,000 prize.
  7. Cannot play both sides of the same game.

ComptrBob

EOG Master

I beg to differ. Dogs like +122 have been used many times in this contest. In this case, its not the best option, why not bet FSU +2 -102 and win if it lands on Michigan by 1?

Any + ML odds is lower than -110. The rule is intended to eliminate favorites of more than -110. (Edit: I forgot Ruca already had a play on FSU.)

Last edited:
I beg to differ. Dogs like +122 have been used many times in this contest. In this case, its not the best option, why not bet FSU +2 -102 and win if it lands on Michigan by 1?

Any + ML odds is lower than -110. The rule is intended to eliminate favorites of more than -110.
I already have FSU +2.5. My thinking was if I need to win 4 in a row might as well try for a 2 for 1.

I hear what your saying though if it was a hockey ML at +122 it would have been accepted.

ComptrBob

EOG Master
I already have FSU +2.5. My thinking was if I need to win 4 in a row might as well try for a 2 for 1.

I hear what your saying though if it was a hockey ML at +122 it would have been accepted.

Oh, my fault., but there should be an explicit rule that you can't bet the same side with a derivative play like ML, run line, puck line, etc.

pete mcmeat

EOG Senior Member
bob must be a real hoot at parties.....

drunk guy having fun........whoot whoot ive had 6 beers and 3 shots i'm feeling good....let's party

bob....well, drunk fun guy i was counting and the 6 drinks you had were 5 beers and 1 wine spritzer....and you are counting that double shot as 2 shots and that's not allowed..

host....thank you for all you do bob

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
'RUCA could not overcome a shaky start.

He was solid in the middle of the month.

Next up is TRYTRYTRY.

I give him a 33% chance of hitting 60%.

:)

TobyTyler

EOG Dedicated
Rules:

1. Contestant will post 30 plays in 30 days (one play per day) starting the first of the month.
  2. Games must be played within a 30-day time frame.
  3. Major North American team sports only: NFL, NCAAF, NHL, NBA, NCAAB, MLB, MLS, CFL and WNBA.
  4. Full-game sides and totals -110 or LOWER.
  5. Contestants are graded against Pinnacle numbers at the time of post.
  6. Must hit 60% or better to be declared a winner of the $1,000 prize.
  7. Cannot play both sides of the same game.
I motion for MLB 1H plays