Celtics great Paul Pierce canned by ESPN for raunchy video

Crazy Pete

EOG Addicted
Sounds harsh.
Poor judgement on his part, & maybe there’s more to it than the headline.
But if NBA players get fired for marijuana & being around half naked women, then it’s going to be a Mormons Only league.

Maybe he was fired because the women had half their clothes ON 🤔

mr merlin

EOG Master
Sounds harsh.
Poor judgement on his part, & maybe there’s more to it than the headline.
But if NBA players get fired for marijuana & being around half naked women, then it’s going to be a Mormons Only league.

Maybe he was fired because the women had half their clothes ON 🤔
Why is it poor judgement? I assume he doesn't need the money from ESPN.

MrTop

EOG Master
Why is it poor judgement? I assume he doesn't need the money from ESPN.

agree might of not needed the salary of ESPN but he could be also losing endorsements of 2 million and other business deals.. Still you won't see him with a tin can

mr merlin

EOG Master
agree might of not needed the salary of ESPN but he could be also losing endorsements of 2 million and other business deals.. Still you won't see him with a tin can
It wouldn't surprise me if the real reason they fired him is because he violated covid protocols, Covid is a religion.

Heim

EOG Master
Pierce was horrible....many times unprepared. Disney was probably waiting for any excuse to can him.

It is Disney...

Heim

EOG Master
I remember when BOS won game 1 in MILW series and Pierce proclaimed series is over.

Naturally, MILW won the next four. :LOL::ROFLMAO:

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I thought for the briefest moment in 2008, Paul Pierce was the best player in the NBA.

Kobe on his way down and LeBron not quite there yet.

Before Kobe handed the baton to LeBron, Pierce grabbed it for the better part of one season.

I agree with HEIM: Pierce was ill-prepared as an analyst.

And that's "The Truth."

Last edited:

Brayden11

EOG Dedicated
Pierce was horrible....many times unprepared. Disney was probably waiting for any excuse to can him.

It is Disney...

Agree. He was horrible and added nothing. Have to wonder what the producers of the show were thinking. I’m sure they tried to make him interesting but couldn’t.

mr merlin

EOG Master
Agree. He was horrible and added nothing. Have to wonder what the producers of the show were thinking. I’m sure they tried to make him interesting but couldn’t.
What do most of the talking heads on ESPN add? Across the board, irregardless of the sport, it's really bad.