Another no-hitter

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
not every pitcher can throw a football well, not every qb can throw a baseball well. im surprsied there hasnt been many that played both, colin kapernack is the only 1 i can think of. russ wilson and elway were not pitchers.

The White Sox drafted Archie Manning in the third round.

Valuist

EOG Master
OK some clarification needed. What is the statute of limitations on dating a "cheerleader"? I happen to know someone who dated a woman in her late 30s who, in her past, was a cheerleader.

Asking for a friend.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
OK some clarification needed. What is the statute of limitations on dating a "cheerleader"? I happen to know someone who dated a woman in her late 30s who, in her past, was a cheerleader.

Asking for a friend.

Hehe.

Statue of limitations?

No limits on my fantasies.

Wait.

Age limits, of course.

I'll delete this post now.

Wade

EOG Master
bumgarner with a 7 inning no hitter because of the doubleheader. not sure if that counts.

mr merlin

EOG Master
It does not count...has to go nine innings....
It's a no hitter but it doesn't count, it's like a rain shortened game that ended a no hitter - I assume there have been a few of those.

Baseball has a lot of problems, cheapening the rules to pump up the stats will only make it worse.

mr merlin

EOG Master
I hope and expect that the 7 inning double headers will end next year, which is even more reason to disallow a shabby no hitter.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
"According to the Elias Sports Bureau, Major League Baseball's official statistician, neither a team nor an individual pitcher will be credited with a no-no in a scheduled seven-inning game of a doubleheader -- unless that game goes to extras. If the contest extends to at least nine innings and that pitcher (or a team's group of pitchers) has still not allowed a hit, then it goes down in the history books as a no-no."

Source: cbssports.com

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
"According to the Elias Sports Bureau, Major League Baseball's official statistician, neither a team nor an individual pitcher will be credited with a no-no in a scheduled seven-inning game of a doubleheader -- unless that game goes to extras. If the contest extends to at least nine innings and that pitcher (or a team's group of pitchers) has still not allowed a hit, then it goes down in the history books as a no-no."

Source: cbssports.com
No one can appreciate a 7-inning no-no like a little league legend.

mr merlin

EOG Master
I wonder how many guys pitched beyond 9 innings in the old days and lost no hitters in extra innings? Must have been a few.

Brayden11

EOG Dedicated
Pirates pitcher Harvey Haddix lost a perfect game in extra innings.

I only know this since it happened against the Milwaukee Braves and the Braves second baseman at the time, Johnny Logan was a customer when I worked at a shop that repaired speedometer while I was going to college. Johnny was a repeat customer who had a drinking problem and got many speeding tickets but somehow avoided drunk driving tickets lol. He had some great stories about his playing days with the Braves but told this one often. Haddix took a perfect game into the 13th inning.