EOG's Grand Challenge presented by BetDSI (MRBOWLING300 is our August contestant)

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
Obviously it differs from sport to sport but in general I believe you need to beat the closer about 80% of the time to hit 55% over the long haul.

Good luck my man
Thank you very much! Trying very hard to beat the challenge. Currently a rain delay in downtown Detroit. Im 15 miles north and it is sunny skies, hot and humid, 87 degrees.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Play #29: Detroit Tigers / Toronto Blue Jays under 9.5 -109 Pinnacle

Final score: 2-1, Blue Jays.

A loud strike.

Now here comes the money ball.

This bowling analogy was fun and interesting.

"300" told us his career strike percentage was 60%, the rate needed to conquer EOG's Grand Challenge.

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
Final score: 2-1, Blue Jays.

A loud strike.

Now here comes the money ball.

This bowling analogy was fun and interesting.

"300" told us his career strike percentage was 60%, the rate needed to conquer EOG's Grand Challenge.
Been there before, front 11 strikes. Next shot is a $1,000 ball. Win, lose or draw, i appreciate this opportunity to participate, many thanks to BetBSI and to my friend John Kelly. It has been fun!

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
This month has been highly entertaining.

We will have a story, no matter what happens Monday.

Either MRBOWLING300 will roll another strike and EOG contributors will celebrate his impressive performance.

Or "300" will fail to strike and EOG's resident heel RAILBIRD will arrive with an "I told you so" dagger.

Gotta love the Internet.

Last edited:

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
"300" stands at 17-12 with one selection outstanding.

Here's hoping it's an outstanding play.

Last edited:

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
This month has been highly entertaining.

We will have a story, no matter what happens Monday.

Either MRBOWLING300 will roll another strike and EOG contributors will celebrate his impressive performance.

Or "300" will fail to strike and EOG's resident heel RAILBIRD will arrive with an "I told you so" dagger.

Gotta love the Internet.

Like I said, win or lose, this has been a ball (no pun intended), and I appreciate JK and BetDSI for the opportunity! The month of August was so fast moving, I can't believe the 30th selection is already here and it is amazing that I still have a chance. There was many distractions to my selections, such as going to Washington DC for a long weekend with a Sunday wedding in Philly (one of my selections came from the Pennsylvania Turnpike, lol), as well as my step-son's wedding this past weekend, and many other things going on during the month. I intended to mix up my plays with WNBA and some NFL preseason and CFL, but as Chico Escuela once said, "Baseball been berry, berry good to me!"

also a shout out to the Taylor, MI team for winning the little league world series! Taylor, MI is in the Detroit area, and have been the talk of the town.

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
tigers best pinch hitter ever was kirk gibson
Gibby was a regular outfielder for the Tigers, not a pinch hitter. Gates Brown was our best pinch hitter.

That being said, Gibby probably had the most memorable pinch hit of all time in the 1988 World Series, his walk off HR off Eckersley, it was Gibby's only AB of the series as he was injured.

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
The shame of it, I was so concentrated on getting the best number, I passed on under 9 on the Detroit/Minny gane because it wasn't the best number after adjusting from 9.5. At 9.5, the under was greater than -110

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
8 runs in, 3rd inning isn't complete, one of those games where it just wasn't my day. I cannot see tbis going scoreless the rest of the way. With the front 11, came up with a solid 7 pin tap for 299

17-13 was a good run, but not good enough.