Tonight I saw a look on Lebron's face...

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
...like I haven't seen when it comes to all business and a full sense of urgency since the 2018 NBA Conference Finals game 7 between Cleveland and Boston.

Lebron that night played all 48 minutes and scored 35 points, grabbed 15 rebounds and handed out 9 assists in an 87-79 win.

I know this is only one win, but if it's any type of turn around to the misfortune if the season through now, this will be the game I point to if (when) they make the postseason.

Last edited by a moderator:

Heim

EOG Master
Small ball with James in the middle is working for now. It only took Vogel a third of the season to realize DeAndre Jordan has turned into Montel Jordan.

Let's see how small ball works versus winning teams, with length like Utah

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
It's the I can't believe I'm on the floor with Ariza, Bradley, & Monk look.

Wrong again.

It's the I can't believe I chose WestBrick over Held, look.

JFC, UniBron would destroy worlds if they swapped these two out.

kane

EOG master
Wrong again.

It's the I can't believe I chose WestBrick over Held, look.

JFC, UniBron would destroy worlds if they swapped these two out.
I said this very thing before the season, Hield a much better fit alongside Lebron than the brick laying Westbrook, glad you've finally come to understand this

kane

EOG master
...like I haven't seen when it comes to all business and a full sense of urgency since the 2018 NBA Conference Finals game 7 between Cleveland and Boston.

Lebron that night played all 48 minutes and scored 35 points, grabbed 15 rebounds and handed out 9 assists in an 87-79 win.

I know this is only one win, but if it's any type of turn around to the misfortune if the season through now, this will be the game I point to if (when) they make the postseason.
Good lord I don't even know where to start. Okay, first off the game you reference took place in 2012, not 2018, and he was playing for Miami, not Cleveland, and his stat line was 45, 15, and 5, and the Heat won the game 98-79, also LeBron played 45 minutes, not 48, the thing I'll remember most from that game was the look on his face before tip, I've never seen him have that look before, or since, and looking at him, I knew the C's were in trouble that night

jimmythegreek

Good lord I don't even know where to start. Okay, first off the game you reference took place in 2012, not 2018, and he was playing for Miami, not Cleveland, and his stat line was 45, 15, and 5, and the Heat won the game 98-79, also LeBron played 45 minutes, not 48, the thing I'll remember most from that game was the look on his face before tip, I've never seen him have that look before, or since, and looking at him, I knew the C's were in trouble that night
Kane, there's no reason to take this to the level of misunderstanding. I witnessed a different look last night into a game I am correctly referring to. The game I am referring to he was playing for Cleveland, and I am not going half as far in which was in 2012. I remember the game you are referring to, but I saw something different later on in the postseason when he was playing for the Cavs. If you don't believe me, I would double check the reference date with the facts in the box score if I were you.

Heim

EOG Master
Westbrook is probably first ballot HOF. Nonetheless, I can give you a list of 50 players not in the Hall better than him.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Westbrook is probably first ballot HOF. Nonetheless, I can give you a list of 50 players not in the Hall better than him.

Is it just me or did Russell Westbrook get old in a hurry?

He's 33 now.

Maybe his performance slippage is a product of going all-out in every game.

I remember a recent NBA All-Star game where Westbrook was competing a lot harder than anyone else.

I appreciate his competitive fire but it may have cost him a few years on the back-end of his career.

One thing's for certain: I never trusted his three-point shot.

Last edited:

ComptrBob

EOG Master
Kane, there's no reason to take this to the level of misunderstanding. I witnessed a different look last night into a game I am correctly referring to. The game I am referring to he was playing for Cleveland, and I am not going half as far in which was in 2012. I remember the game you are referring to, but I saw something different later on in the postseason when he was playing for the Cavs. If you don't believe me, I would double check the reference date with the facts in the box score if I were you.

Good lord, what the hell is kane smoking? Jimmy's reference to Game 7, Eastern Conf. finals, in 2018 is pretty clear although, at first, I thought you were referencing stats of last night's game. LOL

And of course, "the rest of the story" is LeBron kinda rapidly lost his sense of urgency and got blown by the Warriors 4-0 in the Finals that year.

Last edited:

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Considering what was at stake, arguably his greatest game ever

I'll always remember LeBron's effort in Game 7 of the 2016 NBA Finals.

Leading by 3, he tried to dunk the ball over Draymond Green with the shot clock winding down and only 10 seconds left in the game.

Gutsy play against a gutsy defender.

Green committed a hard foul and LeBron hit one of two free throws to give his team the necessary cushion.

Sure, Kyrie Irving hit a big 3 with the game tied at 89 and Kevin Love, for the first time in his career, moved his feet beautifully while guarding Steph Curry on the subsequent possession, but it was LeBron sacrificing his body for the sake of the team which eventually led to his third NBA title.

LeBron has four rings right now: two in Miami (2012 and 2013), one in Cleveland (2016) and one in Los Angeles (2020).

For me, the top three NBA players over the past 40 years are Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant and LeBron James, in that order.

It's nice and tidy that MJ won six rings, Kobe won five and LeBron is at four and counting.

kane

EOG master
Good lord, what the hell is kane smoking? Jimmy's reference to Game 7, Eastern Conf. finals, in 2018 is pretty clear although, at first, I thought you were referencing stats of last night's game. LOL

And of course, "the rest of the story" is LeBron kinda rapidly lost his sense of urgency and got blown by the Warriors 4-0 in the Finals that year.
First of all I only smoke the good shit. Second, I just got confused by which game he was talking about, no big deal, to me when someone mentions the look on LeBron's face, the game six in Boston with the Heat facing elimination is the one that immediately stands out, I've seen a ton of LeBron's games, I've never seen him look like he did just before tip in that game, the look on his face told me the Celtics were in for a long night, and like I said, considering what was at stake, maybe his best game ever

kane

EOG master

He's 33 now.

I remember a recent NBA All-Star game where Westbrook was competing a lot harder than anyone else.

I appreciate his competitive fire but it may have cost him a few years on the back-end of his career.

Westbrook will get worse as he ages, most veterans move farther away from the basket as they get older, they don't have the athleticism they once had, they don't have the same type of explosiveness they once had, so they become more perimeter oriented, less physicality on the perimeter as opposed to banging with the bigs at the rim means less contact and easier shot attempts. Westbrook's problem is easy to see, he's not a good shooter, so once his skills and athleticism leave him, he won't be able to drive to the rim with the reckless abandon he's played his whole career with and will have to rely more on his perimeter game, which as everyone knows is his weakness. A lot of vets age gracefully and are still very productive players, but I think once Westbrook's skills start to diminish he'll be a shell of himself, and the last few years of his career might not be pretty to watch

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Good point about Westbrook, KANE.

Another factor working against Westbrook is the NBA style of officiating.

Once an NBA player loses his star status, the whistles no longer go his way.

See Isiah Thomas and James Worthy as examples of fading superstars who struggled without the benefit of the whistle.

Heim

EOG Master

He's 33 now.

The worst thing that can happen to the Laker offense is RSW hitting his first three attempt.

You get the point.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
I said this very thing before the season, Hield a much better fit alongside Lebron than the brick laying Westbrook, glad you've finally come to understand this

STFU, you Idiot. You've never been ahead of me a day in your life.

Commie Clown.

Let's Go Brandon.

kane

EOG master
I said they were a bad fit 75 days ago, you just now said it, so go fuck yourself you lying piece of shit

jimmythegreek

Thanks Bob.
Kane and I are good. I knew what game he was referring to last decade. I just remember so much focus in what was billed to be a similar matchup 6 years after his referenced game being one of the last eventual opportunity against GS which despite their history on the court and on paper turned out to be so one sided.

jimmythegreek

Westbrook to me has always been a minutes logger and hogger who can't shoot straight even after a decent square up, but a good floor general when it comes to boards and helpers. The control and lack of discipline though in transition and in the open court produces turnovers at inopportune times, and all those triple doubles in that several year run only gets tarnished in the rest of his offensive flow or lack thereof.

Heim

EOG Master
Rumor Lakers close to acquiring Grant from DET. Why they moved Rondo.

Good #4 if they can swing it.

Ray Donovan

EOG Member
I hear them taLk on TV about Westbrook being a sure fire 1st ballot Hall of Famer. I just don't see it, Lotta empty stats, missed way too many open 3's, also aLotta missed shots in the final 5 minutes of games & never won an NBA championship...tell me from making his team better @ winning where I'm wrong☮

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
Rumor Lakers close to acquiring Grant from DET. Why they moved Rondo.

Good #4 if they can swing it.

The Rondo move was to clear a spot to sign Stanley Johnson.

They may have to move Kid Dyn-O-Mite to get Grant. WestBrick just fucks everything up.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
I hear them taLk on TV about Westbrook being a sure fire 1st ballot Hall of Famer. I just don't see it, Lotta empty stats, missed way too many open 3's, also aLotta missed shots in the final 5 minutes of games & never won an NBA championship...tell me from making his team better @ winning where I'm wrong

You're not.

Individually, he is phenomenal. As pat of a collective, he's a complete fucking disaster.... but I repeat myself.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
I said they were a bad fit 75 days ago, you just now said it, so go fuck yourself you lying piece of shit

Projection.

I said many moons ago, agreeing with FW that WestBrick was a very odd fit.

I'm not bragging about it because it's no great insight.

MrTop

EOG Master
i wonder how much he paid for the rug job. The rug installers must be pretty good in Beverly hills.

Heim

EOG Master
Westbrook so bad last 4 games they played Foreigners 'Cold As Ice' during his introduction.
last night.

0-19 from trifecta land L4.

Can you release a HOFer?

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!

Guessing he had to take a shit.