There is only one black coach left in the NFL….

Wade

EOG Master
this is bad for the fade black coaches system. they might as well fire Tomlin to make it 100% white coaches.

Heim

EOG Master
Rooney rule not exactly providing equal opportunity.

Resumes probably in paper shredder after interview.

mr merlin

EOG Master
Roger Goddell has to be embarrassed…considering that 79% of the league is black…
Would you agree that black representation in the NFL is far too high, that there needs to be far fewer black players to better approximate the country as a whole?

You just cant act like having 80% black players is fine and dandy but 3% being a head coach is bad.

IMO there's plenty of both.

Sleepy

EOG Master
Would you agree that black representation in the NFL is far too high, that there needs to be far fewer black players to better approximate the country as a whole?

You just cant act like having 80% black players is fine and dandy but 3% being a head coach is bad.

IMO there's plenty of both.

I remember when I was a kid watching the Vikings

The starting RB's were Bill Brown and Dave Osbourn

The defensive secondary was all white guys

howid

EOG Dedicated
well, Jesse HIJACKson and hoodrat Al Sharpton are too long in the tooth to take up the cause, and no one really there to take on the gig.

Too much easy BLM extortion cash.

Barry too busy planning and scheming in the Hampton's to notice...

Crazy Pete

EOG Addicted
This situation will not last very long.
Flores is 💯 going to be a head coach somewhere.
Probably very soon, it’s just a question of the size of the contract.
He ain’t no quota hire either: he’s bonafidely good.
I’d also note that he’s not African American.
I knew very little about Culley. I did know that the Houston situation was a dumpster fire . At first the postmortems sounded to me to be very unfair that he got fired; however from what I read -and I may be wrong- but it sounded like he was guilty of insubordination.
That, if true, is a 💯very legitimate reason to fire him .

Crazy Pete

EOG Addicted
I remember when I was a kid watching the Vikings

The starting RB's were Bill Brown and Dave Osbourn

The defensive secondary was all white guys
I’m old enough to remember those teams, and yes, they were very white.
I recall 3 of the 4 defensive secondary were white, not all 4. The black guy, as I recall, was a superb kick blocker. Can’t remeber his name.
Racism?
Those teams were often NFC Champs, so they were very good, so no it wasn’t racism.
The pool of talent, college admission, and scouting was different then.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Proponents for diversity and inclusion were pleased with the NBA this past off-season.

Seven of the eight head coaching vacancies were filled by black men.

There are now 15 white head coaches and 15 minority head coaches in the NBA.

But who's counting?

Prediction: In my favorite league, the WNBA, the white male coach will be extinct in a few years.

Bill Laimbeer and Walt Hopkins no longer are roaming WNBA sidelines as both men were replaced by females.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Here's a bold prediction: In the coming years, we will see co-head coaches.

This move would provide more opportunities for minorities and collaboration is a buzzword on the left.

Woodrow Wilson

EOG Dedicated
As previously mentioned, with currently about half the NFC DC's being black, eventually NFL coaching staffs will more resemble the NBA.

I remember when Byron Scott decided to hire all black assistants in New Orleans.

The team was trash, but never mind that, EDI is more important in modern sports.

I don't really watch NBA now, but I'll tune in if I decide to gamble a bit during the playoffs.

Maybe the EDI people should address the current lack of white defensive players throughout the NFL.

mr merlin

EOG Master
As previously mentioned, with currently about half the NFC DC's being black, eventually NFL coaching staffs will more resemble the NBA.

I remember when Byron Scott decided to hire all black assistants in New Orleans.

The team was trash, but never mind that, EDI is more important in modern sports.

I don't really watch NBA now, but I'll tune in if I decide to gamble a bit during the playoffs.

Maybe the EDI people should address the current lack of white defensive players throughout the NFL.
Exactly, white people dont watch the NBA anymore.

Ray Donovan

EOG Member
Proponents for diversity and inclusion were pleased with the NBA this past off-season.

Seven of the eight head coaching vacancies were filled by black men.

There are now 15 white head coaches and 15 minority head coaches in the NBA.

But who's counting?

Prediction: In my favorite league, the WNBA, the white male coach will be extinct in a few years.

Bill Laimbeer and Walt Hopkins no longer are roaming WNBA sidelines as both men were replaced by females.
I don't Like the idea of co - Head Coaches in basketball, need to have 1 main voice in the huddle, whether female, Male, blac, brown, red or white