Eye on the Markets: Coronavirus Stocks/Investments thread

China has another debt problem on its hands. The nation’s hidden local government debt has swelled to more than half the size of the Chinese economy, according to Goldman Sachs.
This only would matter if they took out USD or other foreign debt. RMB debt matters to no one, just government line items. Most Chinese citizens don't put much money in banks and most of their investments are in the overvalued real estate. China will just quietly deal with Evergrande and the other developers by cooking up numbers that will be obvious bullshit, but what does it matter?

MrTop

EOG Master
EOG Resources, Inc. explores, develops, produces, and markets natural gas and crude oil. The Company operates in major producing basins in the United States, Canada, Trinidad, the United Kingdom North Sea, China, and from time to time select other international areas

I like this one..

ticker : EOG

$69.35

played it mid august
it is $81 .. energy is king right now

MrTop

EOG Master
October unfairly has a bad rap with stock market investors given its association with historic crashes. In fact September is far worse and it isn't even close, with more than half of Septembers since World War II turning in a negative return.

This one hewed to that trend, especially for tech stocks. The Nasdaq Composite lost more than 1,000 points or nearly 7% while bond yields surged to their highest level since the spring. For the month's last trading day, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell by 547 points or 1.59%. Unlike recent sessions, tech stocks held up a bit better with the Nasdaq Composite dropping by just 0.44%

MrTop

EOG Master

You Can Already Trade Bitcoin Futures Through a Commodity ETF​

• WisdomTree’s GCC has 3% in cash-settled Bitcoin futures
  • GCC is actively managed and provides exposure to commodities

Wade

EOG Master
I had to sell TSLA today at 974.69 and take profits. My average was 655.94 so I did pretty well. Hoping it drops to under 800 so I can buy back in.

MrTop

EOG Master
I had to sell TSLA today at 974.69 and take profits. My average was 655.94 so I did pretty well. Hoping it drops to under 800 so I can buy back in.

the rocket they have will become a satellite... so people will have access to the internet all over the world that needs it

MrTop

EOG Master
Will the "metaverse" be the next big thing in tech?

no anything strapped to the head.. won't work. people do not like glasses but need them cause the other choices are poor.

less and less people are using social media. facebook going down hill. It is a fad. Young people already are dropping it in schools. The best is Twitter / utube.

Market is going wild right now, no news is good news and not so good news is also good news. Probably another Santa Claus rally followed by a sobering January fall again.

MrTop

EOG Master
Market is going wild right now, no news is good news and not so good news is also good news. Probably another Santa Claus rally followed by a sobering January fall again.

agree it is crazy... whatever you push thru the window they are giving u a +% return right now.

PENN stock getting smashed based on allegations of sexual misconduct by Portnoy. Seriously people, who didn't suspect he was involved in some kind of sexual misconduct at some point? That's like a guy who would have ruled the world in the 80s and 90s, but today he's a walking lawsuit threat.

Jammer

EOG Dedicated
PENN stock getting smashed based on allegations of sexual misconduct by Portnoy. Seriously people, who didn't suspect he was involved in some kind of sexual misconduct at some point? That's like a guy who would have ruled the world in the 80s and 90s, but today he's a walking lawsuit threat.
Huge earnings miss- profits fell 40%.

MrTop

EOG Master
EOG Resources, Inc. explores, develops, produces, and markets natural gas and crude oil. The Company operates in major producing basins in the United States, Canada, Trinidad, the United Kingdom North Sea, China, and from time to time select other international areas

I like this one..

ticker : EOG

$69.35

Winner winner

EOG 96.99

Ray Luca

EOG Master
Lets just say you bought 25 Ethereum at $800 and invested $20,000

At what point do you take some money off the table? Or do you?

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
I would probably sell 5 and that would cover your investment and taxes for the sale. After that, it’s your risk tolerance. Nothing wrong with taking profit either.

Ray Luca

EOG Master
I would probably sell 5 and that would cover your investment and taxes for the sale. After that, it’s your risk tolerance. Nothing wrong with taking profit either.

I agree w the selling 5. The person holding it is waiting for 10k. Which is fine if you have disposable income. This person doesn't. Its a windfall. Greed is an unbelievable thing

no anything strapped to the head.. won't work. people do not like glasses but need them cause the other choices are poor.

less and less people are using social media. facebook going down hill. It is a fad. Young people already are dropping it in schools. The best is Twitter / utube.
Maybe not on their head but the metaverse is definitely the future. People are starting to live in these metaverses buying land, holding concerts, etc.

MrTop

EOG Master

Earn 7.12% Risk-Free on Your Savings, No Crypto or Junk Bonds Needed​

Low-risk saving just got considerably more lucrative. Forget cryptocurrencies and junk bonds, individuals can now get a whopping 7.12% direct from the U.S. government.

treasurydirect.com

Valuist

EOG Master
I see the indexes up pretty big. Then I look up a number of individual stocks. Everything down. The Dow has been worthless for awhile but now seems like can't gauge much from the S & P.

Valuist

EOG Master
Maybe the millenials will finally get to experience an all out full meltdown.

Maybe the millenials will finally get to experience an all out full meltdown.

They only care about the trend. I'm sure a lot of them will jump on the shorting train or buy a lot of puts and make money again. They have seen nothing but bubbles and crashes and don't think of the market as a place to stash money away for the future, but as a place to trade. I have had a lot of them working for me and discussed investment philosophies and for most its basically I don't think I'll ever get social security so I don't think I will ever retire, but I'll just do gigs and project work to support myself until I hit it rich with one of my trades.

MrTop

EOG Master
They only care about the trend. I'm sure a lot of them will jump on the shorting train or buy a lot of puts and make money again. They have seen nothing but bubbles and crashes and don't think of the market as a place to stash money away for the future, but as a place to trade. I have had a lot of them working for me and discussed investment philosophies and for most its basically I don't think I'll ever get social security so I don't think I will ever retire, but I'll just do gigs and project work to support myself until I hit it rich with one of my trades.

remember when we were talking about paypal. why does it exist? it has really come down off of 310. now 191 LOL

pro analyser

EOG Dedicated
What happened to draft kings ,down to 22 after reaching 74 last year. Guess spending all your money on advertising, not profitable yet,high juice on offerings caught up with them.