Eye on the Markets: Coronavirus Stocks/Investments thread

MrTop

EOG Master
Anyone invest in the Crowdfunding, or public, non-traded REITS? You get the benefit of real estate investment without the hassle of being a landlord. Also don't get exposed to a potential stock market freefall, as they aren't publicly traded.

i know what it is like crowdstreet. I have never done it. Is that just commercial? I am in traded reits. Like AIRC

MrTop

EOG Master

Walmart Heir Rob Walton Is Planning to Bid for NFL’s Broncos​

• Sam Walton’s son would join crowded field of potential buyers
  • Denver football franchise could go for $4 billion or more

Valuist

EOG Master
i know what it is like crowdstreet. I have never done it. Is that just commercial? I am in traded reits. Like AIRC

These are not traded (public non-traded) on any stock exchange. This is one way to diversify from stock market risk.

Rockfish

EOG Addicted
No, there's plenty of apartment REITS.

Here's Celente and Schiff on the economy and the outlook isn't rosy.

Peter Schiff like his father has no credibility. He is a broken record always gloom and doom for as long as i can remember.
He is correct on the things he brings up like the US deficit spending and other things. Always the same tune, the dollar will crash and bullish on gold. When one keeps singing the same tune you will be right eventually.

Rockfish

EOG Addicted
Starting May 1st the interest rate on the US savings I bonds (indexed to inflation) will be 9.6%.
Don't worry the politicians and the Fed have inflation under control. LOL!

Wade

EOG Master
Robinhood now has extended hours trading. 24/7 trading probably on the horizon.

New extended hours are here! ⏰ That means you have more flexibility to trade—earlier or later.

Pre-market now available 7–9:30 AM ET. After-hours now available 4–8 PM ET.

homie1975

EOG Addicted
Netflix needs to capture more Int'l market and/or update their model in order to reverse the trajectory.

It's not good right now.

In this environment, it could easily tumble another 50% from here as it will continue to sell off if a broader market sell off transpires.

It is on extremely shaky ground right now.

Valuist

EOG Master
Netflix problem: they are no longer a growth stock and their chart is broken. Yet they are too expensive to be a value stock. Not a good place to be.

mr merlin

EOG Master
Buying twtr at 49.80 quick $ (?)
Probably, but it'll be maybe 4-6 months at least until you'd get that quick 10%, and there is a chance -perhaps 15- 20% that it falls through.

Chances are you could make that 10% and more far quicker if you're trading stocks. Granted you could lose as well.

Ray Luca

EOG Master
Probably, but it'll be maybe 4-6 months at least until you'd get that quick 10%, and there is a chance -perhaps 15- 20% that it falls through.

Chances are you could make that 10% and more far quicker if you're trading stocks. Granted you could lose as well.

15-20% falls through is pretty high no? Why...shareholders will approve $54.20...aside from Tesla stock crashing what is the main reason this doesn't happen?

mr merlin

EOG Master
15-20% falls through is pretty high no? Why...shareholders will approve $54.20...aside from Tesla stock crashing what is the main reason this doesn't happen?
Right now the left controls everything in DC, they're going nuts knowing their censorship might end, they can and probably will do everything in their power to thwart Musk, certainly delay him till post election.

cheapseats

EOG Master
Anyone have an opinion as to what % of the massive inflation number can be directly proportionate to stock price. IOW's, if a company is valued at $100/sh and inflation is 12%, is the stock 3, 6, 9 or 12% up as a result.

bishqqq

EOG Addicted
avoiding all crypto short term.............took a 1/2 position in SOFI @ $5.30, high risk..........................Put GME ( $81.33 ) on your radar. Amazing nose dive & lookin to go long in the low $60's if it keeps tanking, but it's pure speculation ( not an investment )........................... DKNG down 84% from 52 week high & PENN 66% down....WOW.........I think PENN is getting interesting, but no rush.