EOG's Grand Challenge presented by BetDSI (UNLUCKYSOB is our May contestant)

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Rules:

1. Contestant will post 30 plays in 30 days (one play per day) starting the first of the month.
  2. Games must be played by month's end.
  3. Major North American team sports only: NFL, NCAAF, NHL, NBA, NCAAB, MLB, MLS, CFL and WNBA.
  4. Full-game sides and totals -110 or LOWER.
  5. Contestants are graded against Pinnacle numbers at the time of post.
  6. Must hit 60% or better to be declared a winner of the $1,000 prize.
  7. Cannot play both sides of the same game.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
MY PICK--#1--LAA-107

I attended Sunday's game at Guaranteed Rate Field.

Left after five innings with the Angels leading 5-0.

Went to Ricobene's for a postgame Sicilian beef sandwich.

Watched the game on television until the ninth inning when the Angels led 6-0.

Fifteen minutes later, I turned on the radio on my way to the airport to hear the postgame show.

Surprisingly, I heard the home crowd cheering after the White Sox scored their fifth run of the ninth inning.

But the rally fell short.

Final score: Angels 6 White Sox 5.

It was cold and windy on the south side of Chicago.

Swirling winds inside the park.

Trout hit a line-drive home run to center field to start the game's scoring in the first inning.

Mike Trout against Dallas Keuchel is one of the biggest mismatches in the game today.

Keuchel is such a nibbler.

At this point of his career, he's afraid to challenge good hitters in the strike zone.

The first base umpire on Sunday was AWFUL.

Four calls overturned in a single game.

I'll look up his name tomorrow.

Two other notes: 1) There's a countdown clock set at two minutes to alert players and umpires of the time between each half-inning and 2) A video display in center field shows five interesting notes on every pitch and batted ball: Pitch type, pitch speed, exit velocity, launch angle and distance.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Sean Barber was the first-base umpire yesterday at Guaranteed Rate Field.

Four overturned calls in one game.

A miserable performance by Barber.

Quarterbacks and goaltenders routinely get benched midgame for poor performance.

Why not umpires?

And do we really need four umpires nowadays with replay correcting most mistakes?

Nobody, except the umpire's union, would notice if we eliminated the second-base umpire.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Barber was a Triple-A call-up umpire for eight years before earning full-time status prior to the start of this season.

TobyTyler

EOG Dedicated
Caught end of that game Yankee bullpen did a great job of bend don't break. Toronto guys in scoring position in 6th/ 7th / 8th

Sob bounces back tonight

Last edited:

unluckysob

EOG Dedicated
Right back with Jays. Crazy but I want to lay 1.5 runs to get within limits. JK told me this was acceptable first day. No way in hell Toronto loses tonight. Blue Jays-1.5 plus money. Probably another damn 1 run game. Blue Jays + 167.

unluckysob

EOG Dedicated
Waiting on Pinny to drop Marlins within range. Dont look like its gonna happen. Its minus 110 everywhere else. Pinny setting on 113. smart damn book. They know who wins this game. I will have to go to my backup.