Phil Mickelson

Dell Dude

EOG Master
You know there are hundreds if not thousands of Phil stories out there. If he officially goes down, the floodgates open. Risky Business you take when you fuck people on your way up. If you come back down, same people go fuck you.

bomzee

EOG Dedicated
As I recall Phil M. was complicit with the Billy Walters fiasco and supposedly backstabbed Billy. It was said that Phil lost a couple of Million to Billy gambling and when the shit hit the fan with insider trading charges under the obama administration Walters ultimately wound up with a 5 year Prison sentence while Phil Mickelson got tapped on his wrist. A lot of bad blood between those two.

boston massacre

EOG Master
As I recall Phil M. was complicit with the Billy Walters fiasco and supposedly backstabbed Billy. It was said that Phil lost a couple of Million to Billy gambling and when the shit hit the fan with insider trading charges under the obama administration Walters ultimately wound up with a 5 year Prison sentence while Phil Mickelson got tapped on his wrist. A lot of bad blood between those two.

Ratted Out Walters For Leniency .

railbird

EOG Master
He is a POS. Phil had information that would have helped Billy in his trial but he walked away to preserve his fake image and now it's ruined anyway.
thats billy lying to protect his fake image. just like billy lying about his golf handicap at pebble beach. billy only got out of prison early because phil asked trump to release him early as a favor to phil.

bomzee

EOG Dedicated
Very curious that Somehow obama and his pals treated fat Phil with kid gloves while at the same time Walters faced the full wrath of whatever they could concoct. What a coincidence fat Phil clammed up and kept his fat mouth shut instead of showing some integrity and truthfully testifying. Dell Dude is correct anyway you looks at it Phil is a POS

mr merlin

EOG Master
He is a POS. Phil had information that would have helped Billy in his trial but he walked away to preserve his fake image and now it's ruined anyway.
Cmon, what do you expect a soft, pampered guy like Phil to do if the feds are leaning on him. It's not like he's a gangster.

What i find interesting is that he lost $40 million, that's pretty bad gambling, one would think a smart guy like Phil might wise up after he lost the first 10 or 15 million?

Bucky

EOG Dedicated
He played all credit. Doubt if there is much accuracy. Probably got paid at some shops and then when he lost he did not pay his bill. He could make money by breaking even at a credit shop. Just collect the winners and build up the settle point. Get stuck and not pay it. He was a bookie's nightmare.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
PGA making a mistake going confrontational. Like a trophy wife with an unfaithful husband. Let him get his dick wet. He'll come back home. Going confrontational will lead to some players leaving the tour.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
I think Phil plays in the Pajama then leaves the PGA for Sharky. It's about the money. His skills are shot. More profitable to play in the Sharky.

mr merlin

EOG Master
If Phil the stiff plays in London he might be banned for the rest of the PGA tour…..
Someone , prob several players will play in those saudi funded tournys anyway, when they are punished or suspended they'll sue and get an injunction at a min.

Pretty hard for the PGA to act like players are employees when they are obviously independent contractors.

From a financial perspective any good player should switch - smaller fields, no cuts, the min payout is around $150K, the winner gets $4 million, a top player could easily make moer money in this new league. i believe there will be 16 tournaments - many top players only play about that anyway.(maybe 18-19)

As far as Phil goes I recall a fun survey where they asked pro players how much money they have in their wallets, some players dont carry any, a fair amount said like $80-100, more said a few hundred, a couple said a grand or two. Phil whipped out his wallet and said looks like $13,000.