Warriors vs Celtics….who wins the NBA title?

kane

EOG master
I said "I'm a little concerned" about them just being happy to be there, I didn't say anything definitive, I listened to Tatum's post game presser and he said how happy he was to get over the hump (of winning the Eastern Conference), meanwhile when asked about winning the West, Draymond responded by saying they hadn't won anything yet. The reason I give the edge to G St is due to their finals experience, but I also said I wouldn't be surprised at all if Boston won, there isn't much difference between these teams, the "happy to be there" is just something I was thinking, here's a quote from a Boston reporter I know there shouldn’t be a "just happy to be here ..." vibe, but this team was a joke on President’s Day. Now, they are in the NBA Finals on Memorial Day. Nobody saw THIS coming. So clearly I'm not the only one to have that thought

kane

EOG master
Dell is like your pet cat, for the most part he behaves himself, but every now and then he'll piss on the rug or scratch up the furniture and you get mad at him, but then he'll come to you and rub up against your leg looking for attention, and you can't stay mad at him for long

Last edited:

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Dell is like your pet cat, for the most part he behaves himself, but every now and then he'll piss on the rug or scratch up the furniture and you get mad at him, but then he'll come to you and rub up against your leg looking for attention, and you can't stay mad at him for long

kane's gone gay?

No.

He said you're like a pet cat.

A real pussy.

Who says I can't throw a haymaker, at times?

Dude hearing a standing eight count right now.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
I'll give you the standing 8 count unit, JK. Go ahead and grade it and congratulations. You are now -37.4.

John Kelly 1,087-1,003-47 -38.40 UNITS

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I need the Aces to beat the Sun tonight.

Nothing else matters.

Question: What's the most important bet in your life?

Answer: The next one.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Should be entertaining.

The television ratings don't support it, but at some point, will people tire of Curry, Thompson and Green?

Call it Warriors fatigue.

homie1975

EOG Addicted
Should be entertaining.

The television ratings don't support it, but at some point, will people tire of Curry, Thompson and Green?

I believe it will be the best TV ratings since 2019 GS v TOR.

a third of the people will tune in to root BOS because they hate the Splash Brothers and all of the winning they've done.

a third of the people will tune in to root GS because they despise Boston mASSSholes and a lot of those tuning in will be from the great Northeast but outside mASSSachusetts.

the other third will tune in because (like me) they have no dog in the fight but they LOVE hoops because beisbol is too slow (but a great sport) and hockey is too tough to follow the fukk i mean pukk (another great sport) so that's where the other fans will come from (such as me).

the ratings will be excellent IMO

homie1975

EOG Addicted
The Warriors made the Mavs look like crap?

Interesting.

styles make fights, they also make hoops matchups. it was a bad matchup for the MAVS. transitive property does not apply, IMO.

look what Dallas did shorthanded the early part of the series, against a game Utah team with a few stars on it.

look what Dallas did to defending West Champion Phoenix.

they ran into a bad matchup v GS because of the 4 GS scorers (Steph, Klay, Jordan, Andrew) and i have not even mentioned Dray who can sneak 20 pts on you in a half if he gets hot.

too many scoring options and Dallas was exhausted and they are not even great on D as it is. i still think top to bottom they are a better built squad than Miami or Milwaukee.

Boston? they have what you need to beat GS -- defensive prowess, length, and rim protectors.

boston massacre

EOG Master
Should be entertaining.

I Know, That I Will Get Very Tired, Quickly, Looking At Curry Chewing On His Mouthpiece, While It Dangles Out Of His Mouth.

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
As much as I want to see Boston win, I think the Warriors will win in 6 games, and not surprised if it goes the distance. We know that Curry has been inconsistent when it comes to his shot selection despite his range and ability to score. However the nucleus and ability to share and score the ball among others is huge given the balance. The splash brothers are back, and when they're on target, I e complements the other and are tough to beat. Poole and Wiggins have shown they're dangerous when they catch fire, Draymond is more versatile when the series progresses but needs to watch his aggressiveness. Looney impressed me last game, and they get to the line. The experience factor will reign supreme when they are on the same page, but it will be a different story if they push the accelerate in transition but cause turnovers and offensive fouls that lead to droughts.

Boston will capitalize and take advantage scoring points off turnovers. Tatum and Brown will score in bunches, and both prosper on other facets of their game when they are on the same page .Team defense has been tremendous especially notably by Smart and Horford, and are quick on both sides of the ball in transition sacrificing their bodies. You especially see it on the court and in the state line. Williams and White however, are capable of really go into shooting droughts, and that will only be detrimental given their shot selection and level of selfishness, with the same going true for Theis. And these are open looks we are talking about.They can go up tempo with the best if they are knocking down shots. Boston probably gets to the ft line more, but I may opinion more vulnerable as GS really hasn't seen this magnitude of a powerhouse of challenge like Milwaukee and Miami who took them both to the distance, and as mentioned earlier without Middleton. Boston also needs to watch their reliables don't suffer from foul trouble. This is greens best chance of winning it all since the big 3. It should be a really enjoyable series. When the smoke clears, Kerr hoists up title #4 coaching.

ComptrBob

EOG Master
As much as I want to see Golden State win, I think they will only if they limit their turnovers. I have watched a ton of GSW games, when they start to not value each possession (a cliche, I know), they stop scoring and don't make up for it with a shutdown defense. I've seen the so-called role players really step up, Wiggins, Looney, Porter, etc. so the Celtics will get overwhelmed in enough games for GSW to win the title.

IMO, once again the Splash bros reign.

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!
Celtics in 5. I think The Celtics are a ton better and will show it. Also believe going to 7 twice (beating last years champion and this years #1 seed int he east) in the playoffs will help them not hurt especially given the way the NBA scheduled the Finals, They have faced adversity all playoffs and dealt with it vs really good competition. This is not your daddy's Gol St., I think Curry, Green and Thompson are slightly less good than past champoinship teams. Obv addition of Poole and Wiggins go a long way but I don't think they have an answer for Tatem. Boston finished the regular season 33-10 after getting off to an 18-21 start. They have clearly been the best team in the NBA since the all star break. I've been wrong before but I truly believe the Celtics are a really strong play. And I certainly don't buy into the Celtics being fat and happy despite being 0-3 in Eastern conference Finals before this. These guys don't play to get 1 step farther they play to win championships (and the money lol). Anyway I ramble, gl on whatever you decide to do here.

Last edited:

boston massacre

EOG Master
I wish Smart wasn't so banged up. So much easier to game plan against Boston.

Smart Isn't That Banged Up.

He'll Be Going 40 + Minutes, as Long As He Stays Out Of Foul Trouble.

Consider Him A Full Go.

Robert Williams In The Middle Is The One Who Is Banged Up.

His Knee Has Been Swelling Up, When He Plays Big Minutes.

No Good Read On Williams Until Game Time.

Smart Will Be Out There Playing Like A Middle Linebacker.

boston massacre

EOG Master
Celtics in 5. I think The Celtics are a ton better and will show it. Also believe going to 7 twice (beating last years champion and this years #1 seed int he east) in the playoffs will help them not hurt especially given the way the NBA scheduled the Finals, They have faced adversity all playoffs and dealt with it vs really good competition. This is not your daddy's Gol St., I think Curry, Green and Thompson are slightly less good than past champoinship teams. Obv addition of Poole and Wiggins go a long way but I don't think they have an answer for Tatem. Boston finished the regular season 33-10 after getting off to an 18-21 start. They have clearly been the best team in the NBA since the all star break. I've been wrong before but I truly believe the Celtics are a really strong play. And I certainly don't buy into the Celtics being fat and happy despite being 0-3 in Eastern conference Finals before this. These guys don't play to get 1 step farther they play to win championships (and the money lol). Anyway I ramble, gl on whatever you decide to do here.

Wiggins Will Be Covering Tatum.

Steve Kerr Talked About Wiggins/ WOULDN'T BE HERE WITHOUT HIM ? !

Going To Throw Out A Crazy Game By Game Stat. Prediction.

Gol. St. Wins Games When Their 3 Is Above 33%.

Lose When Their 3 Is Below 33 %

Both Teams Have A Handful Of Guys Who Can , Unsurprisingly, Put Up 20 or More A Game.

A Team Like Dallas Has Luka, But The Rest Of The Team Is Capable Of Disappearing On Him.

Not With These 2 Teams.

homie1975

EOG Addicted
Agree, it’s been an awful playoff.

I hate to overthink it, but I can see Boston’s D causing some problems for Golden St.

i agree. their length and their footspeed can be problems for GS but can they stop all 4 guys (step, klay, jordan, andrew) ?

all it takes is just one of those guys to get hot.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
I Know, That I Will Get Very Tired, Quickly, Looking At Curry Chewing On His Mouthpiece, While It Dangles Out Of His Mouth.

You got that right. My biggest bet of the season in 2016 was GS to win the title. Up 3-1 when Green got suspended.....

Still up 3-2 with Green back, thought I was in good shape.

I watched GS lose 3 in a row and I wanted to bash Curry in the face the way he was chewing on that mouthpiece.

Probably because I was losing but looked like a flippant attitude, like he didn't care the Cavs swept the last 3 games to win the series.

I don't ever want to see that stunned, deer in the headlight biting on his mouthpiece look again, chewing up my dinero is what he was eating.

BOSTON IN 7.

boston massacre

EOG Master
You got that right. My biggest bet of the season in 2016 was GS to win the title. Up 3-1 when Green got suspended.....

Still up 3-2 with Green back, thought I was in good shape.

I watched GS lose 3 in a row and I wanted to bash Curry in the face the way he was chewing on that mouthpiece.

Probably because I was losing but looked like a flippant attitude, like he didn't care the Cavs swept the last 3 games to win the series.

I don't ever want to see that stunned, deer in the headlight biting on his mouthpiece look again, chewing up my dinero is what he was eating.

BOSTON IN 7.

Great Match Up, Because Both Teams Have Multiple Players Who Can Contribute.

Dallas/ Everything Goes Thru Luka

Denver/ Everything Goes Thru Joker

Milwaukee/ Everything Goes Thru Yannis

Heim

EOG Master
Warriors have 'spurtability'.....Celtics grind it out. Warriors can be down 11 then up 11 in 5 minutes.

Valuist

EOG Master
Should be entertaining.

Curry is one player the public doesn't tire of watching, at least until age sets in. But add on 7 years to that 2015 nucleus and it isn't going to be easy to beat a younger, hungry Celtics team.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
Boston did that to Miami in the 1 quarter of game 2. Were down 10 to up 11 in the blink of an eye.

I like Boston, got them for the series and tonight but feel they are much more likely to go on an extended scoring drought than GS.

Tatum goes cold he'll be faking another shoulder injury so he can go get a bump in the locker room.

Boston is young but a better/smarter young than like Memphis for example.

Brown/Tatum been to 3 Finals, have a lot of playoff games for players 25 and under.....

Despite GS's big 3 having a TON of it I don't think playoff experience will be a factor like it might be for another young team.

Rangers the youngest team left in pucks, they put it on the 2 time defending champs last night, hope for the same in this one.

We move on.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
I'm tired of Curry, don't care for the mouthpiece and other assorted shenanigans.

I'm assuming they are going to go right at him and make him play a lot of hard minutes.........

He's the weak link defensively.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Looks like a tag-team match featuring RAYCABINO and PATRICK MCIRISH (backing Boston) against VIEJO DINOSAUR and COMPTRBOB (backing Golden State) in the other corner.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Tatum gets yips with pressure and double teams, happens way too much. Turns it over a LOT.

Not only does Tatum turn the ball over too frequently, but he lollligags back on defense while giving the nearest ref an earful.

A definite hole in his otherwise solid game.

Excellent point, TT.

Last edited: